PDA

View Full Version : Help..!

Hail
02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
How can I approach an animation like this in lw?

I'm completely out of ideas:(

dnch
02-22-2013, 08:35 AM
i would build parts of the object and use node item motion to animate the parts
maybe set one lead object with the animation (size growtv, rotation) and follow it with nodes on those parts with time offset driven by item id node by dpont
problem is each part should have properly positioned pivot point (in center of said part) and also as far as i know there is no easy way to controll dissolve of objects with nodes, maybe quickly move it few kilometers away, but this could screw with motion blur
alternatively you could use follower but you would have to set up manually time offset for each part

philthorn
02-22-2013, 09:56 AM
You could also use instancing. I did a quick test using a grid object as instancer with a box object. You could use time offsets but I opted to use lazypoints on the grid. The image is just mapped to the box face and scaled to fit.

-Phil

dnch
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133840-Motion-Design-Animation-%28C4D-style%29-Scene-Download-and-Example-Video

Hail
02-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Whoa.. Thanks alot guys!
The instancing approach looks good and might work well for boxy stuff but I'm not sure it can play nice with round and curvy objects(which I have in my case:().

ndch I like your nodal setup, I m definitely going to try that out:)