PDA

View Full Version : Weta's Tissue... trick it with bullet soft bodies?

mosconariz
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
http://www.fxguide.com/fxguidetv/fxguidetv-166-weta-digitals-tissue-system/

I think in theory we can work, at least in some muscles, this solutions... Am I right or am I in drugs?

Lewis
02-22-2013, 12:38 AM
I vote Drugs :D :D but it's fun to think it's doable in bullet :).

bazsa73
02-22-2013, 01:23 AM
tetrainverzehydrovolumetraverz? Sure, it will be in LW 12. Just wait one year :)

OnlineRender
02-22-2013, 01:53 AM
read that as wet tissue ... damn

Waves of light
02-22-2013, 02:52 AM
I was expecting to see a tissue being blown around in the wind... yer, we could do that with softbodies for sure, lol.

Surrealist.
02-22-2013, 03:10 AM
That is some impressive work.

Hail
02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
http://www.fxguide.com/fxguidetv/fxguidetv-166-weta-digitals-tissue-system/

I think in theory we can work, at least in some muscles, this solutions... Am I right or am I in drugs?

+1 for drugs!:D:D but damn!
That is jaw dropping.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, it will be in LW 12. Just wait one year :)

That's a wild.. dream dude:D

RebelHill
02-22-2013, 04:51 AM
+1 drugs

bobakabob
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Technically awesome, the horse sequence especially, but it still looks fake.
Forget the drugs, have a go at making some rubber muscles using Bullet ;)

lino.grandi
02-23-2013, 05:18 AM
I did some experiment with Bullet and Muscle Simulation...and I have to say I've been surprised by what you can get.

Of course what you see in the video it's something specialized and developed ad hoc, and probably requires some time to be calculated. But it's inspiring, no doubt about it.

I'm planning to make something really cool on this topic. ;)

Waves of light
02-23-2013, 06:30 AM
I did some experiment with Bullet and Muscle Simulation...and I have to say I've been surprised by what you can get.

Of course what you see in the video it's something specialized and developed ad hoc, and probably requires some time to be calculated. But it's inspiring, no doubt about it.

So something similar to the Weta tissue, but using Genoma? That'll be interesting to watch.

Spinland
02-23-2013, 07:23 AM

You tease! :)

mosconariz
02-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Duuude! You're awesome! You are always pushing the limits in lightwave. I was inspired too by that tissue system but I lack of techincal knowledge so thanks for your eye-opening achievements. We'll be waiting for your contributions in this matter

kfinla
02-25-2013, 10:01 AM
I was very excited to see the tendon and muscle presets in Genoma 1.0 .. I'd love to see that be refined and extended as I hope Lino suggests.

erikals
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
just some reference cuts from the interview >

http://youtu.be/LZAyBPhSSVE

mosconariz
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
more about the tissue issue http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/weta-digitals-technical-academy-award-winner-tissue-system-cg-vfx/

jasonwestmas
03-04-2013, 11:41 AM
At 3:00 you'll notice the software "is based on loads of biomechanics technology". That doesn't sound like Bullet to me.

RebelHill
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
At 3:00 you'll notice the software "is based on loads of biomechanics technology". That doesn't sound like Bullet to me.

Not one bit.

As I said, you'll get something with bullet, and already could with clothFX, or nodes... but you wont get anything remotely as good, quality or performance wise, as this.

Honestly, if Weta, or any other shop could get the same results using simple, off the shelf tools... why on earth would they bother to build their own, highly complex systems from scratch?

erikals
03-04-2013, 02:08 PM
cool stuff though, let's see what LW users come up with.
who knows, Bullet might still give ok results.