PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Rig Problem_ Velociraptor-like rig

Netvudu
02-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi there.
I was trying create a Genoma Rig on a dinosaur called "coleophysis" which is pretty similar to a Velociraptor.
I started with a basic quadruped rig, but then I tried to reuse the content dragonīs tail, head/neck and legs, but also add a human arm and human hand (erasing two fingers) from the presets.

It all looked fine until I tried to create the rig on Layout, where I received several "Items canīt be parented to their own descendants" and a "Line 15: the named object hpbctrlsize(1) does not exist" and a few other similar errors.

The finished rig works in some parts, such as spine and legs, but it doesnīt work on the arms, neck/head, and tail. The arms thing results specially baffling to me, considering I just created a human arm and a human hand and mirrored it, just like I did for the documentation tutorial.

Could anybody tell me what Iīm doing wrong?
There seems to be some kind of naming problem.

Hereīs the object and rig so you can check my problems.

Kryslin
02-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Having struggled with the "Item Does Not Exist" problem, it means something wasn't selected when it was copied or mirrored, or was accidentally deleted.

My suggestion - at every milestone / section added, incremental save the object, and regenerate the rig. When something goes wrong, you know where to start looking. Lino suggested this when I was having the same problem, and it made troubleshooting the rig easier.

I'll take a look at your model, and see what I can find out.

EDIT : Two Connectors at the shoulders were missing their FK controls. I cut the old connectors out, put in two new ones straight out of the preset panel, welded them in, and the rig updated , with no errors.
Now, your raptor has shoulder controls, so it can shrug. :) Corrections are attached to this post.

That being said, don't remove controllers (The Green Arrows and Boxes) from presets that have them - just use active connectors from the preset panel instead.

lino.grandi
02-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Thank you to be such of help for other users!

lino.grandi
02-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Thank you to be such of help for other users!

Netvudu
02-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Wow, thank you very much Kryslin. I tried not to delete anything sensible but obviously I failed at some point. Itīs a very good tip, the one about updating the rig for each step. I will do it from now on.
Another good thing of Genoma...now every user can enter this thread and grab their very own velociraptor preset!

rcallicotte
02-22-2013, 06:35 AM
This is brilliant. Thanks for posting the issue, Netvudu, and thanks for the solution, Kryslin. And a velociraptor preset!

Kryslin
02-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Glad to have been of help. I had a Snow Day, and nothing to do....

It's still kinda of rough, but the Genoma spits out the rig with no errors.

zapper1998
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
yes thanks for the tip..

:)