PDA

View Full Version : Fibre FX thread version, 200456.6

Tinseltopia
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay I know you must get this all the time, but I am pulling my hair out (fibre FX...hair :) ) trying to make this thing work. But I think my model is corrupted or something. Okay...I'll post the model here (don't laugh) it was a model I started a long time ago, which I've only just came round to texturing - well, it's a cat...so fur would be the right word to use.

Whenever I enable Fibre FX on it, the model disappears when rendering and in VPR, which is one annoyance. The hair is not uniform and only seems to clump around the tail area..another annoyance, and overall, I can't seem to get good hair, which is another annoyance but one that can be fixed.

Do any of you have troubles adding even basic Fibre FX to this model? and if so, is there a way to fix it?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22512846/Etch-A-Sketch/Cat%2BSkelegons.lwo

Thanks you kind people

UnCommonGrafx
02-21-2013, 04:06 PM
That's a large kitty.

It works, though:

If you don't have hair growing all over the body, it is because you don't have all of the object in a singular surface. To that end, you have to enable the three areas you want to have hair: the leg fur, face fur and default surfaces.
From there, it is about how you style and color.

Danner
02-21-2013, 04:18 PM
When I sent it to layout from modeler Unseen by camera got turned on in the object properties pannel by itself. First time I've seen that. Not sure why... I suspect skelegon related.

lwanmtr
02-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I didnt have any problems... I did move the skelegons to another layer while i did ffx in modeler.

Yeah, the fur is very big...I'm still getting the hang of ffx...hehe

Tinseltopia
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Okay that does work :) Do you think you could post the scene file of that working, so I could see what I'm doing wrong? In the Fibre FX it doesn't even register as a model for me:

http://i.imgur.com/HkQFlqT.jpg

Thanks, and large kitty? haha I modelled that after 2 months of modelling, I did the face about 5 months later :)

lwanmtr
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Sure. I didnt do anything weird. Just grow the guides in modeler, then activate in layout and adjust # and guide radius