PDA

View Full Version : mocha Pro v3.1 Weekend Sale

GregMalick
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
There's a 50% off sale this weekend.

I have AE Mocha.

Can anyone tell me what benefits I would get from upgrading from AE mocha to mocha Pro v3.1 ?

BigHache
02-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Everyone loves charts (http://www.imagineersystems.com/compare-products)!

A comment that was recently relayed to me was regarding the Remove Module and how that was worth the price alone.

GregMalick
02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
I saw the chart already, but thanks.

Most of those names don't mean anything to me including Remove Module & 3D Camera Solver.
I was hoping someone who had the Pro version could tell me actual things you can do better.

bbuxton
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I have the pro version of 2.5 and yes it have a few more features but given that generally the AE version is bundled with each new version of AE I think you really need to use it a lot to be worthwhile going pro.
The upgrade prices for the pro version are very high against the original cost. If your main work is 3D with say Lightwave and Mocha is a part of your workflow you probably haven't got stuck yet where the features fall short of what you need. - Stick with the AE version. If 3D - Lightwave is a secondary part of your VFX workflow and you are continuously fighting with the limitations of the AE version then you will need to upgrade and the cost will be less of an issue.

The remove module uses planar tracking to follow unwanted items in your footage and uses neighbouring frames to clone out those unwanted elements. The 3D camera solver is ok but no substitute for a proper 3D tracker such as Syntheyes or PF Track/Matcher. The 3D solver is the main feature for the upgrade to 3.1(to snare those without a separate solution) is not compelling enough for me to spend over $400 upgrading. If the price was a more reasonable $250 perhaps I would have upgraded .... and if that was 50% of $125 it would be a certainty.

GregMalick
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks, bb.

Good feedback.