PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX and MDD, BUG ?!...

Pignoo
02-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Hello everybody,

Well it seems that the "Splay" control is unusable with mdd...

If you have a character which is animate in another soft and you export the .mdd into lightwave, then you make fur and style it with "Splay", on the first frame it's ok but during the animation, FiberFX didn't evaluate the new form of the mesh at each frame and the "Splay" look goes crazy...too bad.
But if you go to a bad frame and click on the checkmark to make fur invisible in opengl and then click again to make it visible, then the "Splay" look will be ok now because FiberFX evaluate the shape of the mesh at this frame....but during an animation it doesn't...How can we automate the evaluation at each frame ??

It seems to be the same problem if you make style with guide...FiberFX don't see the .mdd during the animation and give some inpredictible results....

So how can we use FiberFX with .mdd ?

Best regards,
Franck.

Boris Goreta
02-16-2015, 06:49 PM
I just bumper into this problem with 2015.1, did you fing a soulution ?

erikals
02-17-2015, 04:09 AM
i think DPont might have an alternative,
it's called BDD or something, might fix it, but i have no idea honestly... maybe...

Boris Goreta
02-17-2015, 04:30 AM
BDD is for playing baked hard body animations, I tried DPonts MDD players but the problem doesn't go away. With splay and MDD fur is dependant on the orientation of the polygons, so the character changes the look of its fur when it is animated which is not desirable.

erikals
02-17-2015, 05:19 AM
i guess the only way i can think of is a compensate endomorph, or a displacement map...

could work... but could also be a lot of work...

Skywatcher_NT
02-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Changing MDD localspace vs Worldspace ? Or vicaversa.

Boris Goreta
09-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Yes, if set to world it works alriight.

jwiede
09-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Yes, if set to world it works alriight.

Will that still provide Splay with the local normal info it needs, though?

Boris Goreta
09-21-2015, 06:06 PM
If you have object with MDD parented to something you have to use local, the trick is to bake it another time to get MDD which doesn't need to be parented. So after that unparend this object and use the new MDD in local space. World and local is the same in this case since the object isn't parented.