PDA

View Full Version : Lens Flares not showing up in QT movie renders

robertn2k
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Whenever I do a test render qt movie with a scene that has a lens flare the flare does not show up in the quick time movie. I hope I'm just an idiot and have a setting wrong.
The flare shows up on the screen, in the camera view, in a frame under F9 but render an animation with default settings, Perspective camera, resolution etc., etc. and the flare does not show up in the qt movie. Any one experience this problem? There are times when I don't want to render out an image sequence and compile that just for a test.

robertn2k
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Forgot to add. LW11.5, iMac 32GB Ram.

Nicolas Jordan
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
If you render out a small sequence of stills you should be able to identify if the problem is in the animation itself or if it really is a problem with outputting it directly to QT movie. I never use Lens flares much at all so I can't remember if they are a post effect or not but if they are it could be that the post effect is not being included in the QT movie for some reason. I will try testing it later if I get some time.

Nicolas Jordan
02-21-2013, 07:08 AM
I have the 64 bit version of LW11.5 installed and it appears that outputting as a QT movie is not available as a option in the 64-bit version.