PDA

View Full Version : TurulenceFD frustrations, installation..crashing etc.

prometheus
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
First of all, even though I am venting some frustration here, turbulenceFD is great, and jascha support is mostly great too...

However, the latest versions, and me trying to evaluate turbulenceFD properly has been a pain in the...

Firstly..some of you probably experienced issues of installing it, giving dll error etc.

I recently had some issues with turbulenceFD 32 bit version..maybe a bug or something, it crashes using collision objects, Jascha is aware and will fix this for next update apparently..
meanwhile I was recomended to use 64 bit version, all swell..it works, but I discovered the menuīs are screwed up, I couldnīt do incremental save since it is gone all menu buttons with dark buttons..llike hypervoxels, bullet fx tabs,fiber fx tab, modeler tools such as toggle,create, export and import are all there, but non accessable.

this happened before in lw.11.03 and I think I solved it then by installing the turbulenceFD folder directly under c:/program/TurbulenceFDle
Now I did the same..but menuīs get screwed up anyway.

Im really frustrated by this..isnīt there a proper advice to where to install it properly, clearly there is an issue here.

During installation I have set general options to unchecked autoscan plugins...master autoload is on, I scanned the folder through edit plugins and scanned the whole TurbulenceFDle folder.
then edit menu and import branch.

To get my Lightwave 11.5 back with menus, I had to uninstall turbulenceFD, and clear lightwave configs to be restored.

Any tip here appreciated...Im very frustrated here not getting it to work properly.
Windows 7
lw 11.5 64 bit
latest turbulence version. v.1.0 rev 1009 demo version.

Jim M
02-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I just instaled it in a folder that wsn't in the plugins folder so it didn't get autoscanned. Works fine. Might have to recreate configs ... but thats no sweat.
I had the sa,e thing with " incremental save since it is gone all menu buttons with dark buttons". But after installing the plugin from a different loc, everything works fine.
Let us know if you sort it...

prometheus
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
I just instaled it in a folder that wsn't in the plugins folder so it didn't get autoscanned. Works fine. Might have to recreate configs ... but thats no sweat.
I had the sa,e thing with " incremental save since it is gone all menu buttons with dark buttons". But after installing the plugin from a different loc, everything works fine.
Let us know if you sort it...

Well...As I mentioned, I did install directly under c:/program/turbulenceFDle and not in newtek or lightwave plugin folders...now that I did with lw11.03 too, and that worked..but strangely
this is still screwing up the menuīs.

apparently you had the same issues, and there must be something bad coded in the plugin it self,this didnīt happened with the earlier versions of turbulenceFD.

Im skipping using and evaluating turbulenceFD for now, until we get a decent explanation of this.. itīs a shame though.

Michael

prometheus
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
DArn it...it screwed up modeler too, I thought I was in the clear for that, but not..the tweak tool is gone, and some other strange changes..have to delete all..and restore and setup plugins etc again..:(

Michael

Jim M
02-21-2013, 01:38 AM
I know you know this but... to ease such frustrations, saving menu and shortcut configs onto the desktop for quick re-in is handy.
It is such a good plugin it's a shame !
Maybe run 11.03 on the side...?

mav3rick
02-21-2013, 03:46 AM
hmm running TFD here.. just finished project recently in 11.5.. no problems. i can see menus and all display correctly.. no crashing

on a side note
NEWTEK FIX DAMN xx:45 SERVER BUG ALREADY.....

Netvudu
02-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Also running here Turbulence with no problems. Not just me. There are a lot of students here using it through our floating licenses (in groups of 10) which are using it without problems.

I also installed it from Program Files not to have any auto-scan issues.
I did have a disappearing menu problem at the beginning, but the problem was that 11.5 wasnīt writing the configs properly for security reasons.

So, be sure your problem comes from Turbulence, and not from LW 11.5

Jim M
02-21-2013, 05:30 AM
For info ... I had disappearing buttons/menu items in 11.02 not 11.5 ...

mav3rick
02-21-2013, 05:42 AM
how bout update u'r drivers girls ?

prometheus
02-21-2013, 06:18 AM
There might be a difference using demo version vs full licensens..maybe.

Anyway, the problem isnīt lw 11.5 as what I know of, this happened in 11.03 too as I mentioned.

The odd thing is that I managed to get it properlly installed anyway by placing the installation outside of lightwave directly under c:/program folder...that was on 11.03, but in 11.03 Lightwave plugin folder
it would screw up menuīs just the same.

Now I have to many Lw versions installed now I think, using 11.03 32 bit version..and even if I got turbulenceFD working with the menuīs ...the 32 bit version has a bug with collision objects...so
Im screwed no matter what:(

installing a lot of versions and guessing what version would work isnīt worth it.

I would hate it if I couldnīt carry on with this otherwise great plugin, havenīt got any reply from jascha yet on the jawset forum, maybe sending a private mail would be better.

Michael

Jim M
02-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Definitely private mail, he has responded same day everytime for me.

prometheus
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Definitely private mail, he has responded same day everytime for me.

yes..have gotten some replies from him, so he is quite good at responding, I just wanted to scream out loud: ) or get feedback from others, since I actually informed jascha about this very problem
at the 11.03 time...but he couldnīt replicate the issue as far as I know, then I sorted it out by placing the folder elsewhere, but now back again with the problem.

Michael

Jim M
02-21-2013, 07:39 AM
For info. I have also had the menu config screw up and lose menu layout, installing other plugins.
LW 11.0, 11.01, 11.02
The Turbulence specific crashes etc I have never had,
Running x64 all the way.

Thomas Helzle
02-22-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm running LW as Administrator, that seems to work best.

Maybe now that TurbulenceFD is out of the LW folder, reenable Autoscan, since that way I think it also is getting _rid_ of plugins if they are gone?

Any old TurbulenceFD versions left somewhere?

Do you use the Hub? Some of what you see could be the 11.3 hub running when you start 11.5?

I've not seen the broken Menus here.
TurbulenceFD is very stable in 64 Bit here (haven't 32 installed), I also have the trial version only ATM.

Cheers,

Tom

prometheus
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm running LW as Administrator, that seems to work best.

Maybe now that TurbulenceFD is out of the LW folder, reenable Autoscan, since that way I think it also is getting _rid_ of plugins if they are gone?

Any old TurbulenceFD versions left somewhere?

Do you use the Hub? Some of what you see could be the 11.3 hub running when you start 11.5?

I've not seen the broken Menus here.
TurbulenceFD is very stable in 64 Bit here (haven't 32 installed), I also have the trial version only ATM.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for the info and your feedback, I might try another install again, I need to reconfig some menus/plugins first, then save out a backup and try again.

also awaits if jascha replyīs or if he updates the plugin soon, right now TurbulenceFD jumped several steps down in my priority order in what I look in to...Unfortunatly,Love it otherwise.

Michael