PDA

View Full Version : Black and white on preview window

lucca65
11-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but the black and white on preview bus output problem seems to have grown. My other inputs on the switcher are also previewing in black and white. Sometimes they are fine, then jump to bw.

I have removed all inputs from the switcher and started adding them one by one again to see if it was something I was doing but no luck. I do have one additional weird thing happening. Everytime I boot VT3 the switcher insists on adding composite c1a as an input. I have a COMPONENT BetaSP deck connected on row 1, so I don't know why the switcher places a composite (c1a) on the switcher each time I boot.

I was going to pull all the wires out of the SX8 and start over, but I figured if I am getting color output on the program bus, the connections are fine.

I will check the VT card cables as suggested from before and report back. Anybody else having bw previews?

eon5
11-06-2003, 05:35 AM
check the preferences... you are not using component out.

Jim Capillo
11-06-2003, 07:42 AM
I'd do a total uninstall and then reinstall.

lucca65
11-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Actually I do have the COMPONENT OUT selected in preferences, as I am going to a BETAS SP record deck for final output.

I will be upgrading to DIGIBETA soon, so with SDI hopefully all these problems will go away.

Thanks for the info.

I think I am leaning towards a complete uninstall reinstall.

Should I keep any of the preferences (modules settings, etc.) or should I delete them and save new ones upon reinstall?

Thanks again

Lucca

Jim Capillo
11-06-2003, 05:51 PM
If you want to save your module prefs, rt click in an empty part of the work area and you'll see it down bottom. I save mine on the root of the C: drive so it doesn't get deleted when I install new builds (anywhere but the VT[3] folder).

lucca65
12-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I am still having the black and white preview and program problems on S video inputs. Actually it is spreading to my component input as well.

I bypassed the SX-8, and went with the breakout cables. S video inputs worked fine. Hooked up a component signal with no problems.

My dealer sent a secondary SX-8, I tested it and the problem is back. I wiggled all cables coming to and from the SX-8, and all is fine. Didn't even touch the prefs when swapping the SX-8's out.

The problem also exists with a component input. The colors will jump to blue and greenish, (as though I have the component input cables reversed), but again, tapping on the switcher eventually brings them back.

Is there a chance that I have 2 bad SX-8's? Or is something else wrong.

Output is set to component. I am adding the inputs directly to the switcher by right clicking a blank channel and selecting from the list.

Even called newtek support. They gave me a couple of options (like bypassing the SX-8), but nothing worked.

HELP?
:confused:

Jim Capillo
12-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Bad card? See if your dealer will give you a loaner.