PDA

View Full Version : Tracking feature Tricaster 8000 - your ideas?

matthias-web
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Dear Tricaster community,

The new tracking feature from Tricaster 8000 is definitly a cool thing:
An anchorman is holding a colored cardboard and it is replaced on the fly with any video or camera input.

But to be honest - we used this feature so far only to demonstrate what our new machine "can do"...
My question: Could you discover any other possibility how this tracking feature can be used besides the main example?
Any clever set-up or new idea how it can be used as well?

Best regards,
Matthias

SBowie
02-19-2013, 06:00 PM
I have to confess that a lot of the ideas that I've had would are best suited to Japanese game show applications. ;)

I did want to mention that it's easy to overlook the fact that you don't need to use Tracker output in connection with keying, color replacement, etc. You can use it to control, for example, the Positioner for a DSK. Also, maybe not the first thing that comes to mind, it works just as well with an offset from the source, so an overlay can follow motion.

PabloMack
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
..any other possibility how this tracking feature can be used besides the main example?

Of course there was the real time 3D character replacement that Cameron's team did for making Avatar but I think that is asking too much.

morningfrost
02-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Any clever set-up or new idea how it can be used as well?

We did not use TC at the time, because it was done in post, but it's nice to know it will come handy. We have this cooking show in which contestants hold a whiteboard with video in it, you can see some extracts in the video here: http://www.magnoliatv.it/formats/factual/ale-contro-tutti.html