PDA

View Full Version : Saving Displacement Maps with Objects

tcoursey
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Is there any tricks or plugins that allow you to save your displacement texture map setup with an object? I'm use to going to the object properties and selecting Deform Tab. Then placing my deformations into the "T" displacement map section.

Thanks....

nickdigital
02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
You can save out a scene file. Those settings don't save out with the object file.

tcoursey
02-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Yea no save with object. So your saying just save a SCENE file with each object I want to re-use and then just import from scene? Not bad, but whish there was something better. I guess until NewTek updates the lwo format (which I'm sure would break many other things) we'll just have to deal with this.

Anyone else with an idea/workflow option? Thanks nickdigital.

Tobian
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
You can apply the displacements in the surface editor node input (there's a displacement input in the surface node graph). You do have to 'enable bump' in the scene editor though, (object properties) for them to show up, and ideally, have that 1 surface be the whole model, or you will run into issues.

Sensei
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
How about Save Transformed. Then load it to bg layer. And then Bg to Morph.. ?

Dexter2999
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM

That's what I was thinking.

tcoursey
02-20-2013, 10:30 AM

I was having a hard time figuring out how that would work for me and then realized you guys didn't know my displacement was animated over time. So this would work for my situation. But I have used this for static displacements many times.

Thanks for the input everyone.

khan973
02-20-2013, 11:37 AM
You can apply the displacements in the surface editor node input (there's a displacement input in the surface node graph). You do have to 'enable bump' in the scene editor though, (object properties) for them to show up, and ideally, have that 1 surface be the whole model, or you will run into issues.

+1, that's what I do