PDA

View Full Version : VT3 suitability with live sport

wherring
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
We're in the process of purchasing a large screen video display for our stadium, possibly a Panasonic Astrovision. It accepts composite, SDI and VGA inputs.

I'm considering VT[3] as a possible solution for driving the display. During a game (rugby league primarily, but the ground is used for soccer, rugby union and more general purposes) we will need to switch between the live footage supplied by the broadcaster (with scores and clock overlayed), advertising, promotions during half time, etc. We don't need to edit the live footage, the broadcaster (usually Fox Sports) provides us with a feed.

Is anyone using VT[3] for this purpose and how have you found it?

PIZAZZ
11-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Yes we have used ours for exactly that reason. Worked very well.

There is also an OEM company called ANC that is associated with Newtek. They can help you with a more purpose built easy to use system for arena IMAG purposes.

ANCSPORTS (http://www.ancsports.com/content/index.html)

I find that VT3 works very well for this purpose. Definitely buy a RS8 so you can switch and edit CGs at the same time without fighting over the keyboard and mouse.

Let me know if you need any help configuring a system

wherring
11-05-2003, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info.

ted
11-06-2003, 09:18 AM
While there are cumberson ways to help out, the lack of multiple DSK's seems like a drawback for live sports needing multiple, easily switchable GFX.

wherring
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
During the actual game there isn't a lot to be done apart from updating the scores (I'm looking at Young Monkey Score Keeper for that) plus a standard graphic sequence for try/no try/refs call if a try goes to the video referee. Switching of camera angles, replays, etc are all done by Fox Sports and provided to us in the feed.

Pre game, and half time however we will want to run advertising, stills and similar. This will largely be determined before the game day so the whole sequence can be preprepared.

Under these circumstances would it still be suitable?

As you can probably tell video production isn't my area of expertise, I'm the clubs IT Manager.

PIZAZZ
11-07-2003, 09:48 AM
A VT System will work perfect for this application you described.

If you need help building, installing, and training on it, I would be glad to help. Let us know what you decide.

Where exactly are you??

wherring
11-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm in Australia.

PIZAZZ
11-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Been there. Looks alot like home. I am in Texas.

I would be glad to fly down and help. Let me know mate.

wherring
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the offer but I don't think my budget will stretch to include the airfare. :)