PDA

View Full Version : Batch Captured In/Out, Clip In/Out

tmon
11-05-2003, 06:55 PM
In and Out points provided for the Batch Capture are not matching the I/O of the clip upon dropping Batch Captured Clip into the timeline.

E.g. in the Batch Capture list, the I/O's for a shot were: 01:22:20:02/01:22:21:25.

If, after capturing, I then grab that same clip from the bin and place it in the timeline, then open Edit Properties with that clip selected, the I/O numbers are:
01:22:19.08 and 01:22:22.22.

I'm enjoying the tremendous time savings from the new VT[3] Batch Capture, so this is a relatively minor thing, but is there a way to have the clip I/O remain the same as the way it was captured?

A preferences setting I'm not understanding perhaps? Or is it something in need of a good squashing?

Paul Lara
11-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by taiji
A preferences setting I'm not understanding perhaps?

It's likely the Preference setting to scoot in/out points in by 1 second; Either highlight the clip and press 'g' to maximize it to first and last frame, or you can set that behavior for all clips in Prefs.

bradl
11-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Additionally, there is a setting to pad your clip in the batch capture panel. However, neither of these would produce the exact odd offset of frames like you mentioned. DF may also account for some discrepencies, and VT does not always refer to certain frames in DF consistently between modules. For example 1:06:59:29 in one module may be seen as 1:07:00:02 in another.