skype6
02-18-2013, 07:33 AM
https://vimeo.com/59736707#

50one
02-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Seen it this morning, Really nice!

Waves of light
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Very good indeed.. especially the way the strands grow and dip into the water at the beginning.

50one
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Xsi/ice and Eric Mootz plugins are a killer combo, the rest(1%) is the artist behind it;)

Waves of light
02-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Xsi/ice and Eric Mootz plugins are a killer combo, the rest(1%) is the artist behind it;)

Yer, didn't think it was LW. Shows your eye for cg when you can spot which software, plugins and who by 50one!

50one
02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Yer, didn't think it was LW. Shows your eye for cg when you can spot which software, plugins and who by 50one!

I was wrong once...after seeing the exoids, I thought that the smoke looked very hyper voxel-ish and since Mr. Tsirbas? Is a long time LW user I assumed that it was lightwave....nope, it was maya:)

Sarford
02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Rudi (the director) is making a making-of right now (he is sitting next to me). I'll let you know when it is posted for those interested.

50one
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Rudi (the director) is making a making-of right now (he is sitting next to me). I'll let you know when it is posted for those interested.

Awesome, can't wait to see it!
Could you ask him to post the source files too, just for the reference?

Waves of light
02-18-2013, 12:56 PM
I was wrong once...after seeing the exoids, I thought that the smoke looked very hyper voxel-ish and since Mr. Tsirbas? Is a long time LW user I assumed that it was lightwave....nope, it was maya:)

Lol, can't win them all.

Excellent, please post a link on here and thank Rudi.

skype6
02-18-2013, 01:52 PM
That would be great! I am really interested in how this is done :)

Sarford
02-19-2013, 02:43 AM
Awesome, can't wait to see it!
Could you ask him to post the source files too, just for the reference?

hehehe, wouldn't that be nice, that is not possible though.
Besides, all of it is Softimage and Arnold, not much use in lightwave ;-)

50one
02-19-2013, 03:25 AM
hehehe, wouldn't that be nice, that is not possible though.
Besides, all of it is Softimage and Arnold, not much use in lightwave ;-)

That's okay, I can get myself a copy of Softimage, but please make sure to change the files back to MR as I don't have Arnold...:D

Seriously tho, the strands looks fantastic!

Sarford
02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
The making-of is posted on fx-guide.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/skeleton-adventures-the-art-of-raw-by-glassworks/

The whole process took about half a year, with Rudi and Markus full time and the rest of the crew on and of.
I didn't work on this project cause I worked on different, less glamorous one :-)

50one
02-22-2013, 01:31 AM
The making-of is posted on fx-guide.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/skeleton-adventures-the-art-of-raw-by-glassworks/

The whole process took about half a year, with Rudi and Markus full time and the rest of the crew on and of.
I didn't work on this project cause I worked on different, less glamorous one :-)

Thanks for the article!:thumbsup:

Waves of light
02-22-2013, 01:56 AM
What an excellent article. I liked the fact that you didn't model all of the vertical loops, just individual loops that come into shot when needed (in the threading part of the short) - I think the saying goes "only model what you will see in shot". But the most mind-blowing part for me were the strands. The huge amount of effort put in by the team really shows in the final short, well played.