PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO: Unity3D for LightWave3D Users

ConjureBunny
02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Unity3D for LightWave3D Users (http://www.liberty3d.com/2013/02/intro-to-unity3d-for-lightwave3d-users/)

I live in Unity and I work in LightWave. Or it might be the other way around, but it's a short commute. That's 90% of what I've done on my computer for the last 4 or 5 years. And in that time I've taught a lot of people how to use both, but it's usually in person. This video is a product of that.

Unity3D for LightWave3D Users is a video series specifically for LightWave3D users. It'll show you how to turn your existing LightWave objects and get them into the Unity game engine in record time, as well as explain all of the basic concepts in Unity, and I'll even hit a few speed tricks to help you get your assets into Unity faster. It's just over 2 hours, and includes a cheat sheet of tricks for rigging I've learned over the years, a few "magic numbers" that will speed things up for you when converting between LW and Unity, and it will generally show you how to use Unity.

The download includes working projects, files, and extras, and just over 2 hours of narrated video.

Running Time: 2 hrs. 10 mins.

Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
Video Format: H.264 (.mov)
Level: Beginner - Intermediate

Enjoy!
-Chilton

adk
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Heya Chilton,
I got this not long ago, watched it on the train over the past few today & really liked it. Would highly recommend it for LW folks that that are just getting into Unity.
Learned a few things even tho I've been using Unity for a while & would not classify myself as a total newb.
Just out of curiosity, when is the more advanced stuff you mention likely to appear & what do you plan on covering in it ?