PDA

View Full Version : basic bullet questions

sadkkf
02-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Tinkering with Fracture and making debris on a warehouse floor, I'm having some basic issues with it.

1) the fractured parts intersect each other; there is no bounce or any kind of reaction

2) none of the pieces actually touch the floor; there's a gap visible in the render

I have to say I see the gap in the sample content that comes with LW, but it looks like the pieces interact with each other when collapsing.
Any thoughts?

Skonk
02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
The gap is caused by the collision margin, which i think defaults to 5mm. So if your items are quite small in scale than it will be visible, the margin can be changed though.

As for the intersections; again if your objects are small this could make them more likely to intersect or you may simply need to increased the solve resolution by increasing the frames per second at which bullet calculates. This can be done in the World tab (default is 180fps), try increasing that.

sadkkf
02-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Holy cow. Thank you! Haven't even looked in the world and item tabs yet. This whole working for a living is not as much as they told me! :)

Thank you again.