PDA

View Full Version : I might be stupid but...

samartin
02-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi all,

Since 11.5 I've started getting back into Layout, I mainly use Modo these days for most tasks, but Genoma and Camera Matching has really upped my interest.

However, I successfully did a camera match and added a character which can be seen below :-

http://vimeo.com/59829883

Here's the dilemma, I went to apply a Genoma Rig to the character and it said that I have to have one object in the scene. You would think this would be simple but I can't fathom it, now if I trash the scene, the nulls and parented camera to match the video. How would I get it all back? I need the null so I know where to place objects!

Furthermore, I thought I'd rig the character and then export the rig, load the scene and import the rig, that wasn't easy either, I had a few errors going down this route. Has anyone managed to do a successful character with tracked camera???

I'd love to hear your thoughts :) Maybe I am being dumb...

RebelHill
02-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Do the character in its own scene... then do load from scene to get it into the tracked scene (or the other way round).

samartin
02-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Sounds so simple when you put it that way! I will definitely try and update when/if I succeed. Been a long time since I've used LW in anger.

Thanks RebelHill

samartin
02-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Couldn't resist a break from what I was doing, it worked a treat, thanks Rebel :)