PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow RW bin sequence losing foam texture image sequence

problemchild
02-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello all,

I have a scene where a whale surfaces and displaces the water surface mesh in RealFlow. That imports back into LW 11.5 without hitches using the RF Mesh Importer. The basic watery textures are maintained as would be expected from frame to frame, however:

while the .jpg foam texture sequence is easily added to the image editor and is immediately available to the frame I am on when adding to the surface color channel, the object surface reference to the image sequence is lost in layout when moves from one frame to another frame. All other aspects of the surface texture are maintained. For each step in the animation, I seem to need to re-add the image reference to the color layer, which is there, just empty of the reference.

Any one have any experience with anything like this? I haven't had trouble with image sequences being "lost" before, but am not sure if it's an issue with the RF Mesh Importer.

cheers

OnlineRender
02-16-2013, 07:26 PM
see here celshader post http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?122826-Realflow-2012-Learning-Edition&p=1196030&viewfull=1#post1196030 I would explain more but stupid "argh" forum search just mega p"!ssed me off and its 3am nearly soz

problemchild
02-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. the surfrep fix will be useful for particle meshes (now I remember this from a couple years ago). My solution the the RealWave mesh not holding the image sequence was to load it as an SD file instead of the .bin mesh sequence.

cheers