PDA

View Full Version : Replacement 9.6 dongle is not recognized... frustarted

urdedmete
02-16-2013, 10:53 AM
i lost my dongle for 9.6. i have replaced it. but i cannot find the permanent license to enter under the help screen. its registered. i have downloaded license.lwk but i cannot drag into the splash screen nor open it. the instructions tell me they will email to me but alas they did not send the license. what am i missing. i am in contact with customer support but they seem to be a very busy group and have not found time to answer such a mundane question. any help appreciated. thanks, an oldie , newbie

nickdigital
02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
You can manually place the license into your users/.newtek/licenses folder. Just to be clear, 11.0.3 is the version that uses the lwk file. 9.6 still use the .key file.

urdedmete
02-16-2013, 12:14 PM
You can manually place the license into your users/.newtek/licenses folder. Just to be clear, 11.0.3 is the version that uses the lwk file. 9.6 still use the .key file.

Thank you. its been awhile since i have used the program .if i could find the actual number i could enter it under the help sceen enter licence field. where is this number? last version i really used was 4 on the toaster. thanks for your time.. and patience. maybe there is a link.

nickdigital
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Which "number" are you referring to?

You can get your license via your registration page.

Actually with 9.6 the license.key file I think has to go in the folder where the exe files are.

urdedmete
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
LW is telling me the license number is at c:\Programs\newtek\program dongle id 36382. i find the license but it is a registry file and i am unable to open. when i open LW and i go to help im presented with enter license. when i click on that it gives a screen to
"enter key 0000-0000-0000-0000". so i think i am looking for a sixteen digit number in that format. if i were to enter "users/.newtek/licenses folde" as u suggest above what # would i enter. these are my numbers under my products page. (i have changed some but this is format) serial #at splash screen "PB4B-962F-F9G2", this did not work. then the serial # G01713515248394, thought this might work. only fiftenn didgits, i tried it in the proper format, no go. the i follow this link "Download License for Lock ID 37082" which i do . that downloads the license.lwk which i am unable to do anything with. i feel like such a dumbass. been at this for days. LW support has been working with me if fact they just got back and said rename license.lwk to license and drop it into the exe files of LW. didnt work

nickdigital
02-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Ok, well the serial and license number are two different things. The serial number helps the system generate the license numbers. When you open the lwk file in a text editor. Do you see a large block of text followed by a single string of numbers? The lwk key info is a large chunk of text. The older license for the dongle system is just a single string of numbers. I would suggest taking that shorter block of numbers and putting it in a file called license.key. You can do this in a text editor. Just remember to remove the txt file extension.

Sorry for the frustration. Getting LightWave up and running isn't that difficult though the newer lwk file system seems to be fussy sometimes.