PDA

View Full Version : Lost Texture Presets in 11.5

Bax33
02-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Just wondering if anyone can explain how to get my texture presets back into 11.5. One day they were there and the next thing I know, they're gone. Thanks

bobakabob
02-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Make sure you have an object and surface selected otherwise you can't see them.

Bax33
02-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Nope, sorry. That isn't it. I think there is a way to recover by removing config files or something. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I have had the IFW2 textures installed for several weeks and I could see my other custom presets which I created (non-IFW2) and of course the presets that come with LW. Now the only ones that appear in the preset list are the IFW2 textures. Not even the LW presets are there.

MSherak
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Nope, sorry. That isn't it. I think there is a way to recover by removing config files or something. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I have had the IFW2 textures installed for several weeks and I could see my other custom presets which I created (non-IFW2) and of course the presets that come with LW. Now the only ones that appear in the preset list are the IFW2 textures. Not even the LW presets are there.

There are two locations for Presets. One is in the main directory that Lightwave is installed in. "<LW install>/support/presets" This location is the locked presets so a perfect place for say ifw2 presets. The other location is under your login. "Users/<username>/.Newtek/Lightwave/<version>/presets" This location is where the new ones are stored and are not locked. To get say older presets into a newer version of LW. Just copy from an older presets to one of these locations. Another tip. Make sure that the folders one root in are NOT in an additional subfolder. "<LW Install>/Support/Presets/<example>/<preset files>" this will cause the presets panel to see nothing..

Bax33
02-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Ok, that information helped, but why are new presets saved with weird names like s4ik.1?