PDA

View Full Version : Have new 11.5 modeler tools respect selections

gravin
02-16-2013, 09:16 AM
The new modeler tools are really great and have the potential to cut down on the number of tools I need to use for most modeling tasks but there seems to be a few little details about them that are bugging me. The biggest one is that they for the most part do not respect selections made before they are activated. For example I often find myself needing to make a selection before using the old drag tool so I can only effect the selection and to help me visually discern what I'm working on in wire frame view. Some of the new tools do highlight the selection but they do not mask or lock the unselected geometry to prevent unwanted modifications. Is this by design? Does anyone else find this behavior annoying? Is this something that can be added or is there a reason for moving away from this behavior that I'm not seeing?

Lewis
02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Which tools are those ? Only one that bugs me is Edit edges 'coz it can't slide multiple selected edges but only loop or one edge at time (whcih i don't need for most of time).

gravin
02-16-2013, 10:12 AM
My main beef is with the new tweak tool, I was hoping I could retire drag ,point normal move, and extender from my keystroke layout but I'm annoyed by it not respecting my selections before it's activated. Edit edges has the same issue. Not the end of the world but it does make it more difficult for me to move away from the older tools and reduce my clicking. The rest of the new tools work the way I would like them to though so far.

Lewis
02-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Ahh yes you are right Tweak is also similar like Edit edge don't realyl care for selections.