PDA

View Full Version : DF vs AE?

dastreb
11-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but could anyone list a couple of advantages of DFX over After Effects? ... Thanks

Dave
11-07-2003, 02:59 AM
BIG spline control area.
EVERYTHING can be animated. Down to NTSC color correcting from on to off during a render session. I don't know when you would use it though.

It really is quite amazing how flexible the program is.

I have been using AE for years. Go through the Tutes that Lee made.

-Dave

dastreb
11-07-2003, 06:52 AM
Thanks Dave .. After doing some of the TUTS and reading other online advice I went ahead with the LW8/DFX upgrade. I guess it's always nice to have a lot of options when compositing.

Maimo
11-07-2003, 09:45 AM
I dont think it's a replacemt for AE but another tool, Alot of times AE is the simplest way to get something done. But for really diffacult post stuff, DFX is great.

It's a nodel based aproach rather then a linar method like AE so it changes the way you think about your workflow.

It supports most of the 3rd party afterFX plug-ins and a few of the probundle from AE.

I really like the masking for roto work, I used to hate to roto now... well i still hate it but not as much as i used to.

Also the customer supprt staff is really cool, they always get back to me within a few hours buy phone, in fact they do folowup calls to see how im doing and if i have any questions, THATS A FIRST!