PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Updates and related plugins.

lino.grandi
02-15-2013, 09:48 AM
This thread will offer updates for Genoma, related plugins and Presets. Come back often to be able to download new amazing stuff!

Genoma Renamer.

This plugin can be used to rename and add prefixes to one or multiple items.

Now it's Master Script, and has become more powerful. You can now replace a prefix, or subtract the specified name from the item name.

Please be sure to download the Add Genoma Renamer as well and add it to your menus.

Download Link: Genoma_Renamer.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/Genoma_Renamer.lsc)

Genoma Motion Manager.

This plugin is a real time saver for users doing a lot of character work, and not only that.

It offers a fast and intuitive way to assign anything we can normally manage from the Motion Panel, like a parent, a target, a pole, a goal or a Same As Item constraint.

It works with one or multiple items. No more need to go through a huge item list to find the one you need!

After adding the plugin, it can be accessed from the Master Panel.

Please be sure to download the Add Genoma Motion Manager as well and add it to your menus.

Download Link: Genoma_Motion_Manager.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/Genoma_Motion_Manager.lsc)

Multi ItemShape.

This plugin offers a fast and intuitive way to assign/change ItemShapes.

It works with one or multiple items.

After adding the plugin, it can be accessed from the Master Panel.

Please be sure to download the Add Genoma Item Shape as well and add it to your menus.

Download Link: Multi_Item_Shape.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/Multi_Item_Shape.lsc)

(many thanks to the awesome Bob Hood for some great help on this one)

Add Genoma Motion Manager.

Add this plugin to your menus, and you'll be able to open/close Genoma Motion Manager with a click (and even assign it to a key if you want).

The plugin it's named Add Genoma Motion.

Download Link: Add_Genoma_Motion.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/add_Genoma_Motion.lsc)

Add Genoma Renamer

Add this plugin to your menus, and you'll be able to open/close Genoma Renamer with a click (and even assign it to a key if you want).

The plugin it's named Add Genoma Renamer.

Download Link: Add_Genoma_Renamer.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/add_Genoma_Renamer.lsc)

Add Genoma Item Shape

Add this plugin to your menus, and you'll be able to open/close Multi Item Shape with a click (and even assign it to a key if you want).

The plugin it's named Add Genoma ItemShape.

Download Link: Add_Genoma_Item_Shape.lsc (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/add_Genoma_Item_Shape.lsc)

You can download the zip containing the latest versions of the plugins using this link:

Genoma_Tools.zip (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12286806/Genoma_Tools.zip)

Greenlaw
02-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Pretty cool stuff Lino! Thanks for posting these. :)

Wouldn't it be better though if these (and any future add-on tools) were made available on the official LightWave download page?

Anyway, keep up the awesome work!

G.

nickdigital
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Wouldn't it be better though if these (and any future add-on tools) were made available on the official LightWave download page?

Anyway, keep up the awesome work!

Yes, or make this a sticky link? It'd be a shame to see this one get buried in the forum. The wonky forum search tool doesn't make finding information easy either.

And keep up the great work!

Spinland
02-15-2013, 11:40 AM
I installed both .lsc files, but when I open the edit menu dialog I can only find the Renamer plugin to add. Is the Motion Manager found elsewhere than under the plugins list?

nickdigital
02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
I installed both .lsc files, but when I open the edit menu dialog I can only find the Renamer plugin to add. Is the Motion Manager found elsewhere than under the plugins list?

Need to add it to Master Plugins. Lino's youtube link best explains how to use the tool.

Spinland
02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Okay, until this week I've never used any add on plugins in LW so bear with me, please. :)

I found the Master Plugins window and from there found the Motion Manager, clicked on it, and it shows up in that window with the "On" box checked. I still can't see it when I try to Edit Menus and give it a button.

nickdigital
02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Okay, until this week I've never used any add on plugins in LW so bear with me, please. :)

That is impressive. 8)

I found the Master Plugins window and from there found the Motion Manager, clicked on it, and it shows up in that window with the "On" box checked. I still can't see it when I try to Edit Menus and give it a button.

If you double click on the entry in the Master Plugins list it should open up with a window with all the buttons that Lino demos in the youtube link. There is no button to add to your menu, you have to access it in Master Plugins.

Spinland
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Ah, okay, got it. Thanks. :) I was able to open it fine as you describe, but for some reason had it in my head I could make a menu button for it.

nickdigital
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Ah, okay, got it. Thanks. :) I was able to open it fine as you describe, but for some reason had it in my head I could make a menu button for it.

Being able to make it a button in your menu would be ideal, this way you don't have to go into Master Plugins every time you want to get to it. Perhaps Lino could add that (if it's possible).

Emmanuel
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Okay, who are You and what have You done with NewTek !? I have never seen before that You guys release addons and plugins in such a way. This is so...cool.

50one
02-15-2013, 12:51 PM
This is great, thanks Lino.

Spinland
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Oh, lest I forget: THANK YOU, LINO!

It's great how you guys not only listen, but act. Very impressive.

pablogrca1
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks Lino.

vncnt
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Glad that Ive found these scripts!

v1u1ant
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks Lino for this. It would be interesting to know how to add Genoma Motion as a Menu Button as, despite what Lino describes above, if you look in the video, he has it as a menu option, even though in the video Lino also says you can access it from the Master Plugins.

xes
02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks Lino!

toeknee
02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
My family and I thank you for the extra hours of life. This is a very cool couple of Lscripts. If spline god were still with us I am sure he would give you a huge pat on the back.

Hail
02-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Wow!
These will be very handy.
Thanks!!:)

stevecullum
02-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Cheers Lino! These have come just at the right time :)

ianr
02-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Thank you Mr.Lino for these 'asked for ' quickly answered
L scripts
Well Done for your openess & fine interaction
with your users.

Please a little thing, the scripts read 9.6 If might confuse
naming them 11.5 would be cleaner.
Please give'm a tab facility for G.M.M.lsc it will keep ' m
happy.
Wonderful Cust Service Grazi!

Tobian
02-16-2013, 09:20 AM
These plugins are pretty cool Lino. Is this ONLY useful for Genoma, or can you use it on any rig/item in Layout? As if it's the latter, then it's a bit of a misnomer to label it as a 'genoma' plugin ;)

nickdigital
02-16-2013, 11:33 AM
No you should be able to use them for non-Genoma stuff as well. I was using the Motion Manager on non-Genoma stuff yesterday.

CaptainMarlowe
02-16-2013, 11:37 AM
These are very nice additions. Thanks again to Lino !

drako
02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Excellent add ons Lino.
NOW CAN WE HAVE A SAVER FOR MOTIONS JUST FOR APPLYING ANIMATIONS TO EXISTING IDENTICAL RIGS.
THANKS MAN.....

Greenlaw
02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Excellent add ons Lino.
NOW CAN WE HAVE A SAVER FOR MOTIONS JUST FOR APPLYING ANIMATIONS TO EXISTING IDENTICAL RIGS.
THANKS MAN.....
We have that now. Just use Load Items from Scene and check Merge Only Motion Envelopes. This is how we get our mocap data from Motion Builder FBX onto existing Lightwave rigged characters (it works with .lws or .fbx source files.) This method, of course, depends entirely on the rigs being identical, however you can also keep any lightwave specific features in your existing rig (i.e., special weighting, controls, fiberFX guides, etc.) so long as the hierarchy isn't disrupted.

Alternatively, there is a pair of plug-ins at faulknermano's website for saving and loading all motions on a selection:

http://thespread.faulknermano.com/_theoldspread/index.htm

The plugin is called MultiMotionGN (v.2.0).

This method is still useful for many things but for characters the preferred method is the LFS MOME described above.

Hope this helps.

G.

lino.grandi
02-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Thank you all for the very positive feedback.

I've updated the Genoma Motion Manager (please download it and replace it) and added a new plugin (Add Genoma Motion) which can be used to open/close the Genoma Motion Manager Panel. ;)

VermilionCat
02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks, Lino for fantastic plugins! Really a time saver!

We have that now. Just use Load Items from Scene and check Merge Only Motion Envelopes. This is how we get our mocap data from Motion Builder FBX onto existing Lightwave rigged characters (it works with .lws or .fbx source files.) This method, of course, depends entirely on the rigs being identical, however you can also keep any lightwave specific features in your existing rig (i.e., special weighting, controls, fiberFX guides, etc.) so long as the hierarchy isn't disrupted.

Greenlaw, can you tell me more about this? I've never used this feature. It sure looks useful. The problem is I cannot load motions properly. It only loads items even if Merge Only Motion Envelopes is checked. What do I do wrong?

lardbros
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Cool stuff Lino... these look very nicely designed and easy to use!

Thanks very much!!! :D

Greenlaw
02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Greenlaw, can you tell me more about this? I've never used this feature. It sure looks useful.

Try it with a very simple rig first so you can see how it works, like a simple bone chain for example.

1. Save an un-posed version and then save a version with simple animation. Don't change any items names. The un-posed version is your target rig or the master scene you'll be using in renders--if this was a character, for example, this would only contain the T-Pose. The animated version will serve as the mocap data or motion from another character that shares this rig.

2. Open the un-posed version. Select the root object (i.e., the null or mesh that contains the bones.)

3. Select Load Items From Scene and choose the root of the object with the animated rig, that is, select only the root object that contains the bones. In other words, select the matching null or mesh that contains the bones.

4. Enabled Merge Only Motion Envelopes. Click OK.

Now, only the motion from the root object and bones in the animated scene will be imported and applied to the same items in the target rig scene.

If this doesn't work, you'll likely see another instance of the rig imported instead. This can happen when the rigs or selection doesn't match. Obviously, if you're importing from another character, there may be a problem if the the source's root items is named differently from the target's. In this case, you can temporarily change the name of your target's root to match the source or vice versa. If the root in the target file is a null, this is easy; if it's a mesh, you should do a Save As and use the same of the Source. After the motion transfer is complete, change the name back or replace the object in the target file with the correctly named one.

This procedure is meant for motion capture but really you can use it to transfer motions from a library of animations.

Now, it's very important to understand that this procedure only works for identically proportioned rigs and it is not the same as what's commonly called re-targeting. Proper re-targeting is a bit more sophisticated in that it can make adjustments to the source motion data to compensate for different body proportions in the target, preventing gross limb penetration and feet sliding issues. Motion Builder is one program that can properly re-target motion data but LightWave, unfortunately, does not.

To get mocap on characters in our Brudders shorts, for example, I use Motion Builder to transfer iPi Mocap Studio data captured from human proportioned performers to 'Charlie Brown' proportioned rigs--the result is mostly correct motion with no feet sliding. The parts of the motion that are wrong (like hands penetrating the gigantic character heads,) can be corrected in many apps with a little effort but correcting the feet sliding is a HUGE deal. Another program that can do this properly is the web-based Ikinema Webanimate; even iPi Mocap Studio can re-target but I use MB because the editing tools are not as robust there as in a dedicated animation program like Motion Builder. The output from these programs should be FBX, and once you have an FBX that matches the final rig in Lightwave, you can use LIFS MOME to get it onto your rigged character that has all the extra goodies (like fur, accessories, higher res, LightWave specific shaders, special controls, etc.)

An important FBX note: FBX can contain multiple Takes of motions for the character but unfortunately, Lightwave does not understand Takes. If you attempt to use LIFS MOME with a FBX file that contains more than one Take, you might only get the first frame of a motion take. To correct this, re-export your FBX to include only the Take you want for Lightwave.

Hope this helps.

G.

Greenlaw
02-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I hope I didn't miss any steps--I wrote that from memory but the process really pretty simple once you've done it a few times.

I should be working with mocap tonight so I'll pay attention and update the above if I neglected something important.

Greenlaw
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
BTW, to keep this on topic, I have not tried the above steps with a Genoma rig yet. I think this should work with the Genoma mocap rig but I won't be able to try it myself until we start working on our next short film after 'Brudders 2.'

RebelHill
02-17-2013, 11:15 AM
The problem is I cannot load motions properly. It only loads items even if Merge Only Motion Envelopes is checked. What do I do wrong?

The problem is that your scene hierarchies arent indentical... and they must be. You can also use MultiMotionGN otherwise... The process (for both) is covered in the second part of this vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqasigvT3qI and more details on how hierarchies need to match in part 3 of this set... http://rebelhill.net/html/lwandfbx.html

Greenlaw
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah...what he said. :)

lino.grandi
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
We discussed about the motion capture/Load Items From Scene Merge workflow in this thread:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133308-Genoma-and-Motion-Builder&p=1298769&highlight=#post1298769

Pretty much an easy process. ;)

VermilionCat
02-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Thanks guys!

Especially for Greenlaw for detailed answer!
I thought this feature as 'load motion only from identical item names' like Multi Motion Loader RebelHill mentioned, except you don't have to save multi .mot files beforehand.
But it's actually for loading bone motions from a character?
I've not dealt with Motion Capture nor Motion Builder but I followed your instruction and bones have loaded fine.
It must be handy someday!

Thanks!

Greenlaw
02-18-2013, 04:14 AM
Happy to help!

Yes, LIFS MOME transfers only the motion data directly from the selected item(s), including the motion on bones and joints. With this method, there's no need to save and load a bunch of individual .mot files.

G.

VermilionCat
02-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Happy to help!Yes, LIFS MOME transfers only the motion data directly from the selected item(s), including the motion on bones and joints. With this method, there's no need to save and load a bunch of individual .mot files.

Yes! Item motion can also be loaded. I didn't notice this. This is great. Doesn't seem to load Camera and Lights motions though.

drako
02-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Greenlaw dont take it bad but i know the Merge Only Motion Envelopes and i have seen this process with the motionbuilder.But what about merging two motions run and walk for example in specific time without
the use of motion mixer and just by selecting libraries of motions.If i load from items and i merge the motion envelopes i m gonna have the same timeline of my project i load.What if i want to load
my motion in 150f and then continue my animation.Motions are very practical.
Maya 2013 now has a very powerful thing called ATOM Animation Transfer and i f you see you can select whatever you want(Set Driven Keys,constraints,even animation layers that we dont have etc) at whatever frame range you want to apply.
I see Genoma as a very powerful tool and i think that we have to make updates for getting this tool more stronger and more useful at the hands of an animator.
And please no more plugins just like Multi Motion Loader or pose saver or motion loader or whatever.I need Genoma powerfull out of the box.If i want plugins i know where i have to find them.
I own Maestro and RHiggit and i think that are very powerful plugs but sometimes you want tools from Lightwave also.Thats why i pay the updates and i want evolution of this software.
And thanks to Rob,Lino and Matt i think that we are gonna have it.
Thanks.

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 05:01 AM
The Genoma Motion Manager has been updated with some new functionality.

You can now choose if you want the items to be parented in place or with parent match, regardless how the Parent In Place option in Layout has been set.

drako
02-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Yes lino i have seen it and thanks god that we have you to guide the Genoma tool but cant we have also motion files for applying animations to our rigs at whatever frame we want
and to specify which part we want for example head,hands,legs to be applied.
Thanks.

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Happy to help!

Yes, LIFS MOME transfers only the motion data directly from the selected item(s), including the motion on bones and joints. With this method, there's no need to save and load a bunch of individual .mot files.

G.

Greenlaw dont take it bad but i know the Merge Only Motion Envelopes and i have seen this process with the motionbuilder.But what about merging two motions run and walk for example in specific time without
the use of motion mixer and just by selecting libraries of motions.If i load from items and i merge the motion envelopes i m gonna have the same timeline of my project i load.What if i want to load
my motion in 150f and then continue my animation.Motions are very practical.
Maya 2013 now has a very powerful thing called ATOM Animation Transfer and i f you see you can select whatever you want(Set Driven Keys,constraints,even animation layers that we dont have etc) at whatever frame range you want to apply.

Greenlaw it's just suggesting what you can use now. ;) IKBooster can Save/Load poses and Motions, Motion Mixer it's really powerful and often under-stimated.

But yes, I think we all agree that a fast, intuitive and easy to use management of Motions in LightWave (for characters, but more in general for everything) it's needed.

drako
02-18-2013, 06:02 AM
GreenLaw is a very talented and needed person in the world of Lightwave.I know that he was advised me in this time being.But i have make some thoughts in the CA tools that we have
and though that Genoma comes in LW software it would be great to think for better evolution.I have work with motion mixer a lot and yes its true i agree that is very under-stimated.
But i can say that ik booster is also not very well covered in the lightwave manual.I have make some thoughts and i want to see Lightwave getting better and better.
Greetings from Athens to Rome.

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 06:16 AM
The future it's bright!

And Greetings from Rome to Athens!

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Another update for the Genoma Motion Manager.

Now it's possible to apply Constraints (in Local or World mode) in one click. ;)

drako
02-18-2013, 07:38 AM
coooollllll...................great news....:thumbsup:

Lewis
02-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Excellent stuff Lino, thanks for great plugin.

BTW Maybe it would be good to put it to download page of LW web in register so that anyone can download it until you make 11.5.1 or whatever next version is and include it ?

Spinland
02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
The Genoma Motion Manager has been updated with some new functionality.

You can now choose if you want the items to be parented in place or with parent match, regardless how the Parent In Place option in Layout has been set.

Awesome! Just use the same download link from the first post?

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Excellent stuff Lino, thanks for great plugin.

BTW Maybe it would be good to put it to download page of LW web in register so that anyone can download it until you make 11.5.1 or whatever next version is and include it ?

You're welcome.

This thread it's sticky (and updates are coming fast), so probably for now this is thebest place to download the goodies.

Awesome! Just use the same download link from the first post?

Yes!

Lewis
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
You're welcome.

This thread it's sticky (and updates are coming fast), so probably for now this is thebest place to download the goodies.

That's True, but don't forget that not all LW users are registered on forums ;).

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
That's True, but don't forget that not all LW users are registered on forums ;).

They should! ;)

Tobian
02-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Not all LW users are allowed anymore :p

lino.grandi
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Not all LW users are allowed anymore :p

Then they should have some friends here! :D

GraphXs
02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Amazing stuff! What about removing constraints, etc? Can that be added, similar to the X in the motion panels.

GraphXs
02-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Actually the x works fine. Scratch that last idea.

Areyos Alektor
02-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Very cool, thanks Lino !

xchrisx
02-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Just out of curiosity is there a reason these scripts are compiled? It could be a good resource for people to integrate the genoma tools into their pipeline and it could also be a good resource for anyone who wants to learn Lscript.

lardbros
02-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Hey Lino,

Thanks again for the plugins... great work indeed!

Just wondering how would one go about applying Mocap to a LW Genoma rig without the use of 3rd party software like Motion Builder? Can't I simply load the Genoma Mocap rig, and then apply motions to it from there?

RebelHill
02-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Can't I simply load the Genoma Mocap rig, and then apply motions to it from there?

Not without some kind of animation retargeting system, no. Hence, MB (or similar)

lardbros
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
What a shame... was hoping it would be a bit more of a Character Studio or CAT in 3dsMax and Softimage... guess it's just the beginning.

Won't moan... will just keep quiet, and enjoy the VPR enhancements.

Never do much character stuff these days anyway, and even Character studio is a real pain in the *** to animate using. But it's so easy to add mocap to a biped it's crazy!

RebelHill
02-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Well, for the minute... its just a bone setup system... that's all, a bag of bones. What you're after is effectively a whole new animation system... god knows how long that may be coming.

jasonwestmas
02-20-2013, 07:49 AM
What a shame... was hoping it would be a bit more of a Character Studio or CAT in 3dsMax and Softimage... guess it's just the beginning.

Won't moan... will just keep quiet, and enjoy the VPR enhancements.

Never do much character stuff these days anyway, and even Character studio is a real pain in the *** to animate using. But it's so easy to add mocap to a biped it's crazy!

It would be really nice to have something like character studio without the crummy interface. At least we have a lot of auto-rigs to choose from in Lightwave. To really compete with those character plugins we do need a lot of improvements to the animation workflow regarding reuse-ability, mixing and cleanup dept. A better LW timeline would be nice too.

jasonwestmas
02-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the scripts Lino!

lino.grandi
02-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the scripts Lino!

You're welcome!

Hail
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
It would be really nice to have something like character studio without the crummy interface. At least we have a lot of auto-rigs to choose from in Lightwave. To really compete with those character plugins we do need a lot of improvements to the animation workflow regarding reuse-ability, mixing and cleanup dept. A better LW timeline would be nice too.

+1!
and motion mixer also needs a reboot (perhaps a rewrite to make it more advanced?)

khan973
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
+1!
and motion mixer also needs a reboot (perhaps a rewrite to make it more advanced?)

Yes! and please a retargetting tool.
Motion Mixer dosn't need a lot of work to be better

MAUROCOR
02-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks for that, Lino! Very appreciated!;)

WillCameron
02-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Nice! Thanks Lino, I can really see Genoma becoming something greater than it is already.

would it be possible to alter the renaming plugin to not automatically put a _ spacer in? and maybe also add a Suffix switch?

- Will.

lino.grandi
02-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Nice! Thanks Lino, I can really see Genoma becoming something greater than it is already.

would it be possible to alter the renaming plugin to not automatically put a _ spacer in? and maybe also add a Suffix switch?

- Will.

For the spacer no problem. The Suffix may be, I have to check it out. ;)

lino.grandi
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM
The Genoma Renamer has been updated. No spacer added anymore!

WillCameron
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks Lino!

- Will.

lino.grandi
02-22-2013, 06:08 PM
You're welcome.

MAUROCOR
02-26-2013, 04:51 AM
When will we get some new Genoma video?

lino.grandi
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
As soon as possible. Fighting with a bad flu at the moment. :(

Lewis
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Get well soon Lino, we need all those cool tutorials you are doing, Thanks :).

Spinland
02-26-2013, 12:09 PM

Best wishes to get well soon, Lino!

50one
02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
try the proper medicine -> mix hot tea + 100ml of whiskey + lemon juice + honey, after this 30 min on crosstrainer on the high settings, guarantee the flu will be gone next day:)

You can thank me later;)

MAUROCOR
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM

Hey, sorry to hear that. Get better soon, Lino!

nickdigital
02-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Get well Lino! The GMM is my new favorite tool. I can't wait to see what more you guys have in mind for Genoma.

allabulle
02-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Get well Lino.

khan973
02-27-2013, 02:40 PM
try the proper medicine -> mix hot tea + 100ml of whiskey + lemon juice + honey, after this 30 min on crosstrainer on the high settings, guarantee the flu will be gone next day:)

You can thank me later;)

This is the best medicine, viruses can't win the fight!

50ONE, your avatar is the one, I can watch him walking the cool way for minutes

Waves of light
02-27-2013, 02:44 PM

You can thank me later;)

It's the 30 mins on the cross trainer bit that I would find hard... unless someone was dangling the rest of the whiskey in front of me!

@Lino - it's going around our family at the moment, so I hope you have a speedy recovery.

alexs3d
02-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Get well soon Lino, the best medicine is genoma , hehe :)

lino.grandi
02-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks everyone.

I'm working on a new Genoma video just now.

In the meanwhile, I have updated The Genoma Renamer. Now it's a Master Plugin and offers some more functionality.

There's even a new plugin, Multi Item Shape, that offers a quick way to add/replace ItemShapes, on one or multiple selected items.

My advice is to get rid of old versions and download/add all the plugins again.

I hope you'll find them useful! ;)

Here is a link to a very quick video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Merx3Y6BQ&feature=youtu.be

nickdigital
02-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks Lino!

Spinland
02-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Subject: Lino Grandi

Category: Rockage

Value: Extreme

:)

Celshader
02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Subject: Lino Grandi

Category: Rockage

Value: Extreme

:)

Quoted For Agreement.

vncnt
02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I can recommend an influenza vaccination.
Without this vaccination one a year, I have (intensive) flu, twice (2x two weeks) a year.

Last year I was too late: 1,5 week flu.
This year flu is early: got my vaccination 3 days before a family reunion: everyone else had flu - me (after 4 weeks): nothing.

My employer pays for the vaccination but even if I had to pay the € 30 myself I would not mind.

LW_Will
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Quoted For Agreement.

ditto for ditto

nickdigital
02-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Lino's awesomeness scale goes to 11. :D

ivanze
02-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Lino's awesomeness scale goes to 11. :D

nickdigital
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM

Lol, good one. Nerdy LW humor, gotta love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get toggle buttons to pick which channels we want to constrain to? Right now it constrains to all 3. I just did something where I only wanted to constrain X and Z.

Also after setting up my child item with GMM, I no longer have that item selected. It looks to select the child of my child.

<edit>
Actually it looks to select the last item in the scene.

Waves of light
03-01-2013, 12:06 AM

Brilliant, lol.

lino.grandi
03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you so much!

nickdigital, I've updated the Motion Manager...I hope you're going to like the changes.

Now the Reference item stays in the scene after any opeeration (there's another button to turn it off) and the items you selected stay selected!

You can even Constraint the channels separately, using the X, Y, Z, H, P, B, XScl, YScl, ZScl buttons!

lardbros
03-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Lino... you're a star! Thanks for the cool updates :D

lino.grandi
03-01-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm just a poor italian guy!

(another little update for the Motion Manager....Unparent option added)

Netvudu
03-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Hey Lino. Fantastic scripts. You rock.
I did notice a little problem wihen using Genoma with the Item shape one. Some Genoma controls have two shapes. When you choose some of them with the Item shape changer, to change for instance the size of the nulls, it only changes the second shape and not the first....you might want to think on some small fix for that...
Thanks again for your effort.

lino.grandi
03-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Hey Lino. Fantastic scripts. You rock.
I did notice a little problem wihen using Genoma with the Item shape one. Some Genoma controls have two shapes. When you choose some of them with the Item shape changer, to change for instance the size of the nulls, it only changes the second shape and not the first....you might want to think on some small fix for that...
Thanks again for your effort.

Yes, having more than one ItemShape assigned can be a problem. Thinking about a way to fix that...a solution could be to modify Genoma so it doesn't add multiple Shapes! :D

allabulle
03-01-2013, 07:43 AM
And what about those presets we saw in the siggraph videos? Will they reappear anytime soon? Maybe a repository where users could share genoma rigs could be established. Something like preset central, perhaps.

nickdigital
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Thank you so much!

nickdigital, I've updated the Motion Manager...I hope you're going to like the changes.

Now the Reference item stays in the scene after any opeeration (there's another button to turn it off) and the items you selected stay selected!

You can even Constraint the channels separately, using the X, Y, Z, H, P, B, XScl, YScl, ZScl buttons!

Thanks Lino!

Here's a couple of quick reactions.

I can't toggle off a channel. I can enable the channel but I can't untoggle it.
If the option to remove the intial controller object was a checkbox that would be more helpful. Right now I have to 'Set Item', do what I want and then "Unset the Item". I wasn't that bothered that the script automatically removed that intial helper object. If it was a toggle that remembered your preference that would be nice. Or is the idea that you want to keep the helper object around until you've finished all your GMM actions?
Unparent seemed cumbersome to use. My script here seemed quicker and easier to use. http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133742-UnParent-script
After running 'Unset Item" it looks like my controller/parent item gets selected. Would it be possible to retain the selection of the child/driven object?

lino.grandi
03-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks Lino!

Here's a couple of quick reactions.

I can't toggle off a channel. I can enable the channel but I can't untoggle it.

X, Y ,Z, H, P and so on are not toggles....you have to click on them directly to assign a constraint on that channel.

You want to Constraint Y only? Click on Y...The first Button (Pos Const, Rot Const, Scl Const) constarints all the channels. For single channel constraining, use the X, Y, Z and so on.....and you can always take off the constraints using the PosC, RotC and SclC OFF buttons....

If the option to remove the intial controller object was a checkbox that would be more helpful. Right now I have to 'Set Item', do what I want and then "Unset the Item". I wasn't that bothered that the script automatically removed that intial helper object. If it was a toggle that remembered your preference that would be nice. Or is the idea that you want to keep the helper object around until you've finished all your GMM actions?

You don't need to unset item every time. You can do that at the end of your rigging operations (so you don't leave the Red Box in the scene ;) ). Every time you press Set Item, the new item it's updated....no need to unset!

Unparent seemed cumbersome to use. My script here seemed quicker and easier to use. http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133742-UnParent-script

Why? You select your Items, you Unparent them....of course it doesn't work with bones at the moment. But I think I could easily make it work.

After running 'Unset Item" it looks like my controller/parent item gets selected. Would it be possible to retain the selection of the child/driven object?
[/LIST]

I think this is solved by my previous answer about the Unset Item button. ;) You should really use Unset once, at the end of any big editing. ;)

nickdigital
03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
X, Y ,Z, H, P and so on are not toggles....you have to click on them directly to assign a constraint on that channel.

Can they be toggles? The way it works now, if I want to disable one I have to disable all the constraints and then re-enable what I wanted to keep. Toggling on/off is a single click whereas disabling all and re-enabling is more than one click. It's at least a 2 click operation (click to disable all + click to enable 1 channel).

You don't need to unset item every time. You can do that at the end of your rigging operations (so you don't leave the Red Box in the scene ;) ). Every time you press Set Item, the new item it's updated....no need to unset!

Ah ok that helps. What I was doing was unsetting each time.

Why? You select your Items, you Unparent them....of course it doesn't work with bones at the moment. But I think I could easily make it work.

I thought your unparent would work like my script. I just run it whenever I want. With the GMM I still have to have the helper object enabled. Now that I know how each works I can be aware of that.

nickdigital
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Lino,

Can you add a "last updated" line under your script links? You're updating these so fast I lose track of which ones I need to d/l and which ones I don't.

Thx.

- - - Updated - - -

Lino,

Can you add a "last updated" line under your script links? You're updating these so fast I lose track of which ones I need to d/l and which ones I don't.

Thx.

Greenlaw
03-02-2013, 01:40 AM
lino,

can you add a "last updated" line under your script links? You're updating these so fast i lose track of which ones i need to d/l and which ones i don't.
+1 :)

g.

nickdigital
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Or bundle them into a single zip?

Getting an update date would still be nice. Denis does that and it's very helpful.

MAUROCOR
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi, Lino!

What happened with the advanced Genoma tutorial that you told us? Did I miss something?

Andrewstopheles
04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, what he said!

edit: please?

MannaTheBerserk
04-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi Lino,

Thank you for the invaluable effort you put in keeping Lightwave tools up to date!

I am "almost new" to Lightwave and so far I enjoying both the software and, most of all I should say, the awesome community ( the best CG/3D community I have ever got into in more than 10 years of 3D... And I can tell you that I have been in lots of them, including CGSociety and RenderGlobal, the italian one ).

Anyway: thank you for these plugins which I hope I will take advantage of as soon as possible ( you probably don't know, but I come from Maya, which I didn't abandon of course ).

Nice to see another guy from Rome though! Hehehe :D

I am going to follow this thread very closely :)

Cheers

Mauro

khan973
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey Mayro, I've seen you getting onboard, I'm happy that you feel good here, this community is amazing indeed!
If you have Facebook, you can go there ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/LightWave-User-Group-Europe/458302177525276?ref=hl ), I try to post the cool tutorials, tests about LightWave.
Have fun!

MannaTheBerserk
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey Mayro, I've seen you getting onboard, I'm happy that you feel good here, this community is amazing indeed!
If you have Facebook, you can go there ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/LightWave-User-Group-Europe/458302177525276?ref=hl ), I try to post the cool tutorials, tests about LightWave.
Have fun!

Hey khan973 :)

Thank you for the link!
I'll head there immediately :D

lardbros
04-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Yeah, thanks Khan... I've 'Liked' that page too, there's some stuff on there that hasn't appeared on the normal LightWave page too! Nice stuff :D

Thomas Helzle
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Lino, can you say something about the kinect demo?
How and when will this be available to LW users?

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

spigolo
04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Lino, can you say something about the kinect demo?
How and when will this be available to LW users?

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

I agree I desperately need this tool for a little production i have to start now..otherwise i have to use a bunch of tools ..but aniamting and recording it directly in lw it would be fantastic..

MannaTheBerserk
04-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I agree I desperately need this tool for a little production i have to start now..otherwise i have to use a bunch of tools ..but aniamting and recording it directly in lw it would be fantastic..

Wasn't it PS Move?

I remember it was the PlayStation Move, not Kinect, am I wrong?

Spinland
04-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Here's a whole, lengthy thread on the Kinect integration that contains as much as they're willing to divulge right now.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?134931-LightWave-Kinect&highlight=kinect

MannaTheBerserk
04-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Here's a whole, lengthy thread on the Kinect integration that contains as much as they're willing to divulge right now.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?134931-LightWave-Kinect&highlight=kinect

Yeah, and you need the Move for replicating the camera movement, as I can tell from that video.

That's why I thought it was the combination of PSEye ( which is more than capable of motion capturing in real time efficiently ) and Move.

I didn't hear "Kinect" :)

Spinland
04-28-2013, 12:17 PM
My recollection of the video from NAB was they were using a single Kinect camera.

MannaTheBerserk
04-28-2013, 12:19 PM
My recollection of the video from NAB was they were using a single Kinect camera.

Yes, I see.
I am just saying that the virtual camera is controlled by the Move.

lardbros
04-29-2013, 07:15 AM
The camera could be controlled by anything you want though. So, you could rig up your 3dconnexion device and control it too. I'm sure you could potentially use the Wii controllers too if you had it all set up to work via a pc.

Greenlaw
04-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Yes. Many users here, including myself, have used Space Navigator to work with Virtual Studio--it's a little awkward but it works natively. I imagine if you know what you're doing, you can hook up a Wii Motion Plus controller in a similar way to PS Move, though it probably won't works as accurately as the PS Move. However, like the Move, you'll probably need the game console to get translation data.

The Wii Motion Plus controller isn't as accurate as the PS Move though. In the case of iPi Mocap Studio, for example, the Wii's rotation data tends to drift after a while, but the PS Move's magnetometer keeps the rotations pretty well locked.

Anyway, while I'm not an expert with Virtual Studio, my understanding is that tools are included so that anybody who is an expert can hook up almost any input device to control LightWave's camera.

G.

Jim M
05-01-2013, 04:09 AM
This ones for Lino ...
After 20 minutes toe dip...

I am a bit confused. In modeler the genoma presets have pole items as Red triangles, and rotational controllers as green boxes.
When converted in Layout, the red pole items are converted to green boxes. The green boxes from modeler are converted to yellow boxes wiith yellow spheres in. A roots Green box is converted to a red sphere....
Seems a little bit like "I am doing something wrong here...."
Currently shaking my head, feeling disorientated.

Also feel like the channels on the controls (spine IK controllers for example) should be turned off where they aren't needed, leave Rotation, turn off Translation etc.
This will make it a more welcoming rig to a beginner, and won't reduce any functionality. This could be some kind of exposure toggle in the Genoma preset creation panel in modeler perhaps, where only the key controls are exposed.

I feel like for the sake of visibility/ education and general obviousness the names and colours of the bones need to be clearer. (A left right colour split option for the bones might be useful). There is no point in not doing this!!!

If there is some way to get the Genoma Create Rig process to sort out the schematic view... that would be nice. Otherwise its horrendous.

The IK controllers can be placed in modeler. The pole items can't, can only set the direction and they apear to be created a fixed distance from the bones no matter what its set like in modeler, this is confusing me.

It would be cool if Genoma presets were bi-directional... say I want to save a Dragon Rig from layout as a Genoma preset... I am sure this is possible!!!!!!

Kryslin
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Saving the rig as a preset should be as easy as stripping the geometry from the Genoma Skelegons, and saving those out; where they get saved as a genoma preset, I haven't looked into yet.

While automatically applying a left right color split would be ideal, there is nothing stopping you from going in to the scene editor and manually doing it, or selecting the large blue and white bones and recoloring them.

The positioning of the poles in Genoma has caused some head scratching here as well....

What I would like to see is a "Genoma Construction Kit" that would allow you to build a preset, by adding bones, IK controllers, FK controllers, specifying distributed twist, building a spline based control for x bones, etc. Not impossible, since the various components are all in separate scripts, just a matter of tying them all together so the main script knows what to do with them...

For instance, I'd love to be able to do a RH style 'spline' spine, as he goes through in his tutorials, and be able to have THAT as a preset. :)

jwiede
06-27-2013, 01:33 AM
I am a bit confused. In modeler the genoma presets have pole items as Red triangles, and rotational controllers as green boxes.
When converted in Layout, the red pole items are converted to green boxes. The green boxes from modeler are converted to yellow boxes wiith yellow spheres in. A roots Green box is converted to a red sphere....
I feel like this needs to be called out. As it stands, there's little consistency in terms of the color/shape usage, even to the point (as Jim noted) that in some cases shapes that are used for different things in presets wind up turning into those other shapes once processed. It's really confusing because it gives the impression the color-/shape-coding has global meaning, when in practice the uses are only consistent within the "phase" (pre- or post-processing).

If the color-coding could be made consistent across pre- and post-processed elements, that'd be a good start. If nothing else, as red and green are both used in presets, dont have red turn into green (or green turn into red) after processing. If you don't want to maintain color meanings globally, then it might be better to at least keep the colors "separate" -- don't use the same colors for post-processing elements as are used for preset elements.

Also, the current red/green-heavy palette is kind of a worst-case scenario w.r.t. many types of color-blindness. While app palette limitations might not allow a 100% conflict-free palette, it could be significantly improved over the current choices.

Hopefully that explanation of what I'm requesting isn't too confusing, if it wasn't clear let me know and I'll try again.

satosin
06-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Some useful plugin.
Sunrise inc. (animation studio in Japan) has published an in-house plugin.
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/FreePlugins/sunrise/

Can be found in the customizable item picker plugin "su: Char_Select_Manager".
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dstorm.co.jp%2Fdsproducts%2FFre ePlugins%2Fsunrise%2Fsu_Char_Select_Manager.html

"DC_su_CharSelectAssist" to create an XML file that can be imported to the "su: Char_Select_Manager" from selected item.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fd-creation.sblo.jp%2Farticle%2F69665717.html

LW_Will
06-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Excuse me, Satosin-san, but the name "Sukerugon" is used in the Sunrise plugins. This seems to be a commercial name for "clay". Modeling clay.

Excelent name, Satosin-san! ;-)

satosin
06-29-2013, 01:29 AM
"Skerugon" is failing to translate Skelegon displayed in Japanese.
Translation of technical terms It is difficult in Google...
Thanks.

LW_Will
06-29-2013, 06:15 PM
"Skerugon" is failing to translate Skelegon displayed in Japanese.
Translation of technical terms It is difficult in Google...
Thanks.

Wow. If we got the word translated as "Skerugon" I would have been able to figure it out. It is difficult translating the technical instructions in any language.

I thank you for the correction. Domo arigato , Satosin-san.

Andrewstopheles
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Has this stuff been integrated into 11.6? Or should we still download these scripts separately?

*Never mind, sorry. It was there all I had to do was look before posting.*

Greenlaw
07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Has this stuff been integrated into 11.6? Or should we still download these scripts separately?

*Never mind, sorry. It was there all I had to do was look before posting.*
Actually, I'm glad you pointed this out--I had simply copied all my 'third party' plug-in over to 11.6, which included Lino's Genoma scripts. I guess I should remove the extra copy when I get the chance.

Spinland
07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Actually, I'm glad you pointed this out--I had simply copied all my 'third party' plug-in over to 11.6, which included Lino's Genoma scripts. I guess I should remove the extra copy when I get the chance.

Yeah, same here. Good catch.

JohnMarchant
08-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Anyone got any decent .cfg for Genoma tab in LW. I noticed that the plugins are not assigned to any button.

BeeVee
08-05-2013, 02:27 AM
They so are, in both Modeler and Layout :D

B

JohnMarchant
08-05-2013, 06:57 AM
I need to look again. Its probably because i use my own custom cfg. But i was sure i didnt see it under default cfg.

Thanks BeeVee

BeeVee
08-05-2013, 07:21 AM
The Genoma sections are on the Setup tab in both Modeler and Layout.

B

JohnMarchant
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I take it that they are the default setups, not any of the presets. I usually use the studio setup and then import my own branches.

Greenlaw
08-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I take it that they are the default setups, not any of the presets. I usually use the studio setup and then import my own branches.

I used to use the Studio setup but it's become quite out-of-date in recent versions. The Default setup, on the other hand, usually features all the new tools for both Layout and Modeler.

Because of this, sometime back in the 10 cycle, I switched to using the default setup and setting up my own User tab plus a few tool specific tabs (TFD, Rhiggit, LWCAD, etc.,) and migrating only these custom tabs between versions. When a new release comes along, I make sure to reset to the default to make sure I get the latest native tools in place, and then load my custom tabs.

G.

JohnMarchant
08-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks for that Greenlaw, yes studio has become dated, i hope they will update the settings in the near future.

Ryan Roye
11-15-2013, 09:26 AM
SUGGESTION:

A link to these plugins really need to be put into the LW3d plugin database! Genoma renamer in particular is really handy to have, being quick and easy to use.\

davidsenna03
03-10-2014, 10:45 AM
These are great! Tnx Lino!

silviotoledo
04-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Genoma rigs are really good and powerfull but it drecreases a lot the computer power once it's tooooooooo heavy! Any chance to have optimizations?

bobakabob
04-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Genoma rigs are really good and powerfull but it drecreases a lot the computer power once it's tooooooooo heavy! Any chance to have optimizations?

Silvio, In object properties are you lowering your character's sub d level to 0 then take back to 3 or more when it's time to render? Or you can swap out a high poly model for a low poly proxy when animating and hide any other geometry in the scene editor.

Ryan Roye
04-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Silvio, In object properties are you lowering your character's sub d level to 0 then take back to 3 or more when it's time to render? Or you can swap out a high poly model for a low poly proxy when animating and hide any other geometry in the scene editor.

The sluggishness has nothing to do with the geometry in this particular scenario; it's the density of the rig skeleton/controls. Playback of the standard genoma biped rig, for instance, will get sluggish (when moving the playhead) if more than 2 of them are present in the scene; and can be difficult to use in scenes with a lot of other elements in them. This is a typical issue with rigging in general in Lightwave with the exception of IKBooster which trades a little interactivity for near-unlimited complexity without adverse effects on performance.

There are ways to work around these issues such as toggling IK (no automatic way to do this per-character natively), or isolating the character you are animating in a separate scene. Another option is to create a genoma preset that is not as densely boned/rigged.

silviotoledo
05-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah! we always use sub-d on ZERO to optimize, but Genoma Rig have an incredible amount of bones and itens that requires too much processing. With two characters interacting in a scene we were not able to see playback in realtime what is extremelly desirable for animation. So we had to redo the rigs without genoma and it works fine.

Hey Ryan, we need you launch quickly the IKBooster trainning for character animation!

The sluggishness has nothing to do with the geometry in this particular scenario; it's the density of the rig skeleton/controls. Playback of the standard genoma biped rig, for instance, will get sluggish (when moving the playhead) if more than 2 of them are present in the scene; and can be difficult to use in scenes with a lot of other elements in them. This is a typical issue with rigging in general in Lightwave with the exception of IKBooster which trades a little interactivity for near-unlimited complexity without adverse effects on performance.

There are ways to work around these issues such as toggling IK (no automatic way to do this per-character natively), or isolating the character you are animating in a separate scene. Another option is to create a genoma preset that is not as densely boned/rigged.

Ryan Roye
05-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey Ryan, we need you launch quickly the IKBooster trainning for character animation!

heh, you mean this 4 hour IKBooster training series (http://www.liberty3d.com/2014/02/the-comprehensive-guide-to-ikbooster-by-ryan-roye/) that introduces native retargeting workflows, relative motion loading, and other trade secret workflows of Tanadrine Studios? This was basically what I was so busy with producing late last year; I'm glad to say the series has done extremely well in terms of sales and it is exciting to see people starting to employ these workflows into their production pipelines. Granted... explaining some of the more obscure concepts was no easy task, but someone had to do it. I do consider this a series aimed at users who are at the intermediate-to-advanced level and are looking to give their productivity a major boost. Note also that many of the workflow concepts described herein are compatible with Genoma and most rigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqjq3o31Pp0

Julez4001
08-09-2014, 07:17 AM
SUPER NICE PLUG you did there....

Julez4001
08-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Is IKBooster and Rebel Rig compatible?

jasonwestmas
08-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Yes, the RHhiggit rig is a lightwave rig that you can adjust to suit your needs. You can add IKB to any bones that are using FK.

Ryan Roye
08-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Yes, the RHhiggit rig is a lightwave rig that you can adjust to suit your needs. You can add IKB to any bones that are using FK.

To be specific, you'd add IKBooster to the topmost object in the heiarchy, and for IK rigs, 9 times out of 10 the user will want to set all of their goals/poles to "Move" mode so they can click-drag things around.

jasonwestmas
08-09-2014, 09:14 AM
yes, I should have said "use/operate" on FK not "apply" IKB to FK bones. another advantage is the quick-click and drag capabilities of the IKB Manipulator with a single motion, which can be applied to any null shape. I'm sure you demonstrated that already :)

RebelHill
08-09-2014, 10:46 AM

Yep... in most circumstances. You either need to use parts set to plain FK control, or on plain IK control (where the IK goal items are manipulated via IKB). Other control method types (particularly switchable systems) can't be used in conjunction with IKB as IKB itself doesnt support items with those control methods, and it'll just make a mess of your rig.

That said, unless IKB is something you use all the time, there's very little point in doing so, as the control systems available on the RHiggit rigs, and the ancillary tools available on the animation toolbox all work together to give you a character "system" that beats IKB hands down for the majority of animation tasks.

Ryan Roye
08-13-2014, 10:02 AM
give you a character "system" that beats IKB hands down for the majority of animation tasks.

Except for:

- having the ability to save and load animations without worrying about whether or not the character is positioned in their origin rest position

- Being able to load motions relative to current position/orientation

- Adaptability in mid-animation. If you are animating a dog biting someone, you can easily alter the rig so that the entire body pivots at the mouth where the dog is biting the figure. You can't do this without a major performance hit without IKBooster.

- Performance with multi-character setups (without resorting to "bare-bones" setups). Turning off rigs temporarily is not at all practical if you need characters to interact with eachother; you never have to do this with IKB rigs.

- Ability to mirror entire animations/poses on either side of the character (IE: have the character do complex hand/arm/finger movements on one side, and transfer that to the other side)

- One-layer editing. No need to fk/ik switching for when a character's limbs need to operate outside of the restrictions imposed by that. Multiple layers, constraints, etc adds complexity to the animator's workflow.

... The list goes on and on and on.

In reference to the advantage of using IKB with Rhiggit, it's mainly to reduce the number of button presses required to move things around. Click-dragging nulls/goals around is far more efficient than the standard 3-button presses normally required (select, press button, manipulate).

visualbug
10-03-2014, 05:40 AM
Question to lino.grandi:

Any plans to add squash and stretch bones to Genoma? or a setup for cartoon animation?

(sorry I am new around here and this topic has so many pages....I don't know if you answer this question:)

tischbein3
12-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Skeleweighter plugin

http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:cuv&catid=11:lightwaveplugins&Itemid=161

Calculates weight maps accordingly to the used skelegons and assigns them inside modeler. Falloff calculation is a bit different than layout does, and I've no idea how to replicate
layouts own behaviour. There is also an option to take Genomas 1 and 2 control object/bone into account.
(As far as for Genoma 1 rigs this is pretty simple: All skelegons wich either have no or a connector map assigned to it, will be ignored. As for genoma 2 rigs, it was a lot harder:
All skelegons wich either have a bone strength of 0.0 or are imported as an item are ignored. )

As far as I can tell there is still some work to do considering the weight calculation itself. If anyone can chime in and tell me the correct / a better way to calculate them this will be highly appreciated.

Hope this helps

CaptainMarlowe
12-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Looks cool, thanks ! I'll give a go as soon as I can. Very nice site of yours, BTW !

- - - Updated - - -

Looks cool, thanks ! I'll give a go as soon as I can. Very nice site of yours, BTW !

lino.grandi
12-23-2014, 03:16 AM
You're awesome!

Skeleweighter plugin

http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:cuv&catid=11:lightwaveplugins&Itemid=161

Calculates weight maps accordingly to the used skelegons and assigns them inside modeler. Falloff calculation is a bit different than layout does, and I've no idea how to replicate
layouts own behaviour. There is also an option to take Genomas 1 and 2 control object/bone into account.
(As far as for Genoma 1 rigs this is pretty simple: All skelegons wich either have no or a connector map assigned to it, will be ignored. As for genoma 2 rigs, it was a lot harder:
All skelegons wich either have a bone strength of 0.0 or are imported as an item are ignored. )

As far as I can tell there is still some work to do considering the weight calculation itself. If anyone can chime in and tell me the correct / a better way to calculate them this will be highly appreciated.

Hope this helps

Curly_01
12-28-2014, 01:32 AM
Is there a bird wing rig in the new version of Genoma? I haven't upgraded yet.

vncnt
12-28-2014, 02:28 AM
Question to lino.grandi:

Any plans to add squash and stretch bones to Genoma? or a setup for cartoon animation?

(sorry I am new around here and this topic has so many pages....I don't know if you answer this question:)
Like!

vncnt
12-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Except for:

- having the ability to save and load animations without worrying about whether or not the character is positioned in their origin rest position

- Being able to load motions relative to current position/orientation

- Adaptability in mid-animation. If you are animating a dog biting someone, you can easily alter the rig so that the entire body pivots at the mouth where the dog is biting the figure. You can't do this without a major performance hit without IKBooster.

- Performance with multi-character setups (without resorting to "bare-bones" setups). Turning off rigs temporarily is not at all practical if you need characters to interact with eachother; you never have to do this with IKB rigs.

- Ability to mirror entire animations/poses on either side of the character (IE: have the character do complex hand/arm/finger movements on one side, and transfer that to the other side)

- One-layer editing. No need to fk/ik switching for when a character's limbs need to operate outside of the restrictions imposed by that. Multiple layers, constraints, etc adds complexity to the animator's workflow.

... The list goes on and on and on.

In reference to the advantage of using IKB with Rhiggit, it's mainly to reduce the number of button presses required to move things around. Click-dragging nulls/goals around is far more efficient than the standard 3-button presses normally required (select, press button, manipulate).
Interesting checklist for Legato. Thanks.

tonyrizo2003
01-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Check out 33 multimedia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ9oP_pFhS8

He has some extra wing presets for download

brent3d
01-23-2015, 06:00 AM
Lino,
in 2015.1 whenever I rotate the Genoma II biped rig towards the -Z axis in modeler once createed in Layout the left and right Toe bones face backtowards towards the +Z axis. I reset the .Cfg's and rescanned Pythons etc.. am I doing something wrong?

lino.grandi
01-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Lino,
in 2015.1 whenever I rotate the Genoma II biped rig towards the -Z axis in modeler once createed in Layout the left and right Toe bones face backtowards towards the +Z axis. I reset the .Cfg's and rescanned Pythons etc.. am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that too! In Modeler, select those skelegons (Right_Toes and Left_Toes) and turn off the Heading limits. That should fix the problem.

More and more Genom2 presets are coming (an ant preset and a Unity dedicated preset!). Stay tuned! ;)

brent3d
01-23-2015, 07:32 AM
I noticed that too! In Modeler, select those skelegons (Right_Toes and Left_Toes) and turn off the Heading limits. That should fix the problem.

More and more Genom2 presets are coming (an ant preset and a Unity dedicated preset!). Stay tuned! ;)

Yup! That did it! Thanks Lino for the ultra fast response:thumbsup: Cool about more presets, Genoma II is actually fun to work with.

lino.grandi
01-23-2015, 08:13 AM
You're welcome!

erikals
08-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Q: Any plans to add squash and stretch bones to Genoma?

> hope to see it... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

for now you can follow these earlier steps suggested by Ryan & Rebel >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143698-Hi-I-am-Officially-a-lightwave-user-%28coming-from-blender3d%29/page3
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?137986-Can-Genoma-make-stretch-rig

if you have RHR, see part 3 > 08 Deform Rigging - for squatch / stretch
http://rebelhill.net/html/rhr

there is also >
Danny's notes >
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?137741-LW-Animated-commercial-2d-look&p=1345476&viewfull=1#post1345476
Cartoon Animation >
http://www.liberty3d.com/citizens/tom-roth
Oval Eye >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZxRoAauTg
Gordon Curved Elbow >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYH8JXLRkv4

bpritchard
11-10-2015, 01:21 AM
Hey @Lino. Having an interesting problem w/Genoma 2, was wondering if you've run across it. I have 2 characters both using the G2 Biped rig. Everything works great on both except one the IK/FK switch doesn't work on the arms. Literally using the base rig as is, moved around the joints to fit and when i process i get no IK/FK switch on one, works fine on the other. :|

Julez4001
03-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Hey @Lino. Having an interesting problem w/Genoma 2, was wondering if you've run across it. I have 2 characters both using the G2 Biped rig. Everything works great on both except one the IK/FK switch doesn't work on the arms. Literally using the base rig as is, moved around the joints to fit and when i process i get no IK/FK switch on one, works fine on the other. :|

Has this been addressed?

lino.grandi
03-15-2016, 11:18 AM

Please refer to this post:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148787-Genoma-2-multi-Character-issues&p=1457320&viewfull=1#post1457320