PDA

View Full Version : Modeler - Occlusion/RayCast Polygon Select plugin?

sami
02-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I've seen a bunch of nice directional selects. But can anyone tell me if they have seen a plugin that does an "occlusion" select for polygons in Modeler? Essentially a RayCast select?

i.e. imagine you had an organic shape you needed to select only the polygons that were on the inside of an object where they had direct line of site to a particular point - Does such a plugin exist? If I needed to select polygons in Modeler whose normals faced a particular point and werent occluded by other geometry to that point that would not get selected (unless the "shadowing" geometry had some polys with normals facing that point - then just those portions of the "shadowing" geometry would get selected - and other geometry would not get selected if this "shadowing" geometry blocks those polys view to the selected point.

I know its an odd situation, but I need a quick way to select polys in this fashion...

Sensei
02-15-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't think so such plugin exist.
Modeler interactive tool can't select geometry.
So any plugin which is selecting deselecting must be non-interactive.
Which quite limits it.

sami
02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Ah too bad. Thanks though...

johnliebler
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Dunno if this would help, but there used to be an FI plugin that selected based on convexity/concavity. Here: http://www.lwplugindb.com/plugin/fis-concavesel/ It's 32bit only, but it can get some cool effects. I used to use it to create weightmaps that kinda faked occlusion.