PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Lightwave 7.5c Modeller: Wire Frame Shade, Flat Shade, Smooth Shade, Texture

Chong
11-05-2003, 02:02 PM
Hi All,

This problem started out of the blue for no apparent reason.

I started out with a version 7.0 and have since upgraded through to 7.5c.

Whenever I tried to preview models in Wire Frame Shade, Flat Shade, Smooth Shade and/or Texture Shade in any viewports, ( I usually have quads ) polygons on the model will be inaccurately rendered.

Here's a step by step approach to observe the problem:
1) create a box
2) go to numeric mode and start to segmentise the box
3) place value of 2 for x segments ( model appears OK at this point )
4) place value of 2 for y segments ( model starts to look crazy in abovementioned preview mode )

If I turn viewports to other mode ( for eg. sketch, etc ), models appears ok and points can be accurately pick and or selected.

Previewing in Lightwave Layout module doesnt exhibit the problem.

Here's my machine specifications:
- Pentium 3 processor
- GeForce 2
- 128 MB RAM
- 120 GB hard disk
- 15 inch LCD
- parallel port hardware key
- OpenGL driver ver 1.2

I need my Modeller to work soon as I am setting up for a texturing job. And sadly, the tech support team seems to be too busy for emails...

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chong

Axis3d
11-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Usually, these are driver - related problems. In the early days of Lightwave 7, I had a lot of weird problems like yours, but downloading the current driver from Nvidia should solve it.

Chong
11-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi,

I did try with the latest nVidia drivers, however, nothing works...

I have revert back to my old 1.2 driver which was supposed to work but fail...

:(

Chong
11-06-2003, 09:28 AM
I have resolved this issue and would like to post my solution so that anybody else having this problem will know how it works...

Like the tech support and other kind souls have said, switch video card driver will work. The problem is which card driver to switch.

For my case, i have to switch to a much older card driver ( 3 versions back to be precise )

thanks