PDA

View Full Version : Undock UV window and...

MarcusM
02-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Undocking UV window with uv tools it's so obvious to be add. Who working on one screen today?
Texture transparency slider.
Gizmo in UV view.
UV map image exporter :eek: GoUVPS :thumbsup:

Tilling texture in Modeler.

It is only tip of the iceberg :hey:

Doctor49152
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Undocking UV window with uv tools it's so obvious to be add. Who working on one screen today?
UV map image exporter :eek: GoUVPS :thumbsup:

Tilling texture in Modeler.

Don't you use Export Encapsulated Postscript? But I do agree a one click to export the UV would be nice. Actually I think the whole EPS (not just UV) experience on LW is lacking when I look at that C4D importer.

What do you mean Tilling texture in Modeler?

MarcusM
02-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Don't you use Export Encapsulated Postscript? But I do agree a one click to export the UV would be nice. Actually I think the whole EPS (not just UV) experience on LW is lacking when I look at that C4D importer.

It's not about what you use but what should be in LW. I hope new LightWave development direction include more basic, and very helpfull tools :)

What do you mean Tiling texture in Modeler?

Most things i do now is low poly models. Very often i bake textures.
This need sometimes tiled textures (1 UV map per model) and you can tile texture on UV map or scale UV map in Modeler (1 UV map scaled for bake and 1 for texturing per model).
I prefer tile texture because it is faster to change during baking than scale UV in Modeler. UV tile is possible only in node editor in Layout.

I hope you understand my point of view. ;]

There is more to add. Surface Baking Camera can bake only one layer in model. When model have many layers and is complicated it need put everything on one layer. This often need one model especially for bake and one to put material and texture in the end.

- Option to bake all layers/mesh.

UV Border make errors(white pixels) in baked texture so many times that i stop using this and save image as PNG32. In Photoshop stretch borders by xNormal plugin or dilate action. Sensei done plugin for this :) but it should be good in LW like for example in Maya. (Dilate textures is necessary for game. Game engines making Mipmaps for far away objects. Without dilate, engine can render something outside UV map, texture background.)

- Better texture dilate.