PDA

View Full Version : Layout 11.5 Object Update

Chrusion
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Prior to 11.5 I could disable the hub (-0 switch), run both Layout and Modeler, load an object in Layout, then in Modeler, make changes in Modeler, Save, and it would auto update in Layout. I assume Layout was looking at the modify date/time on the file, that or was listening to Windows 7 say the file changed reloaded the object without user intervention. This behavior is NO longer working in 11.5 <sniff>. Not unless I'm missing something in the General Options panel. Anyone?

Why no Hub? Holdover from it's buggy beginnings. Should I just kick the bucket and enable the hub from now on?

nickdigital
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Hm, going back and forth between Modeler and Layout with a shortcut with "-0" is working for me ok.

Danner
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
I have never seen an object update when I turn off the hub. On a related note, 11.5 should not be mixed with previous versions of lightwave unless you run it with no hub.

jwiede
02-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Prior to 11.5 I could disable the hub (-0 switch), run both Layout and Modeler, load an object in Layout, then in Modeler, make changes in Modeler, Save, and it would auto update in Layout. I assume Layout was looking at the modify date/time on the file, that or was listening to Windows 7 say the file changed reloaded the object without user intervention. This behavior is NO longer working in 11.5 <sniff>. Not unless I'm missing something in the General Options panel. Anyone?
Confirmed, I no longer see reliable updates in Layout upon save in Modeler when using the "non-Hub" update mechanism in 11.5. I'm not sure the "non-Hub" mechanism is actually functioning at any level -- no updates occurring, and there weren't any other indications I recall, so if any of it IS working, it isn't enough to give signs.

3dworks
02-13-2013, 11:32 PM
is this confirmed? i seemed to have had some updates here, but then i didn't watch closely before zipping my 11.5 again and removing it from production pipeline...

dee
02-14-2013, 02:37 AM
Works as expected here on Win7 64bit.

jwiede
02-14-2013, 07:14 AM
is this confirmed? i seemed to have had some updates here, but then i didn't watch closely before zipping my 11.5 again and removing it from production pipeline...
Well, I was able to confirm it here by making obvious geometry changes to a model and saving in Modeler and then verify Layout didn't update. YMMV, but here the update mechanism isn't working.

zapper1998
02-14-2013, 08:27 AM
hub working here....
updates are fast usually save object and layout updates automatically and visa versa...

I was having problems with hub crashing, then switched to doing.. "Start - Run - and browse for the hub.exe - Ok "

and sense i have been doing that, the Hub, Modeler, Layout have been working really well..