PDA

View Full Version : Lw plugin database new look.

probiner
02-12-2013, 08:49 AM
http://www.lwplugindb.com

Looks great.

Thanks Ken Nign and whoever might be also involved :)

rcallicotte
02-13-2013, 06:27 AM
Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know.

Greenlaw
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Much nicer! Thank you for posting that info. :)

G.

evolross
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I dig the new look. I wish you could sort the plugins by popularity somehow. I realize all downloads appear to be on the 3rd party site that's hosting the plugin, but if there was a way to use hit-counter statistics or something like that to synthesize popularity. That way users could easily find the most popular, helpful plugins. Good job on the site.

Ryan Roye
02-13-2013, 06:02 PM
I think my only criticism with the new layout is that the long lists are bulky and take up a lot of room needlessly. The big image block of info that shows various properties of the plugin should be made much smaller and should be oriented horizontally instead of being square. Typically when I browse the database I'm looking for a specific function and need to see as many of the plugins at once as I can while scrolling down the page. There's a number of other things, but I'm sure the host of the site is aware of them.

nickdigital
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
The Advanced Search page is clunky to use. I wanted to do a keyword search but also confine to Layout plugins. I had to deal with a long scroll list to find Layout. I think common search criteria should be check boxes, (Modeler, Layout, lscript, PC, Mac, etc).

Lewis
02-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Looks great to me, much better than last GUI so Thumbs up :).

LW_Will
02-27-2013, 03:50 PM
A great re-make and a wonderful plugin for the week.

Way to go Ken (and Jessica)!

cagey5
02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Simple one page tutes like this make the various plug-ins so much more accessible. Congrats to everyone involved.

Waves of light
02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
A lot better. Really like the little screen shots and tut links. Well done guys and girls.