PDA

View Full Version : matricx 3 [no plot spoilers]

cresshead
11-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Hmm..well great effects do not make a great film...
and this had great effects but certainly is not a great film..not by a long
shot.

came away thinking that they "dropped the ball" on this one.....

maybe the dvd version will be watchable...this one doesn't deliver the goods.

steve g

eggy
11-05-2003, 10:18 AM
What you mean with "no plot", is it like Matrix Reloaded without any plot ? :D

OK got you, what a surprise.

Kvaalen
11-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by cresshead
Hmm..well great effects do not make a great film...
and this had great effects but certainly is not a great film..not by a long
shot.

came away thinking that they "dropped the ball" on this one.....

maybe the dvd version will be watchable...this one doesn't deliver the goods.

steve g

I agree. I was disappointed. :(

Neil_Campbell
11-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Yep, the effects were really good - but I expected nothing less.

To be honest though I thought the film itself was reasonable, just nowhere near as good as the Matrix which benefits both from originality and being self contained.

And I can't help feeling all the underlying themes and messages that the W brothers have been trying to get across in the films also make the films quite confusing to watch and understand, in that you're never actually sure of what's really happened and what the significance (or otherwise) is of a character / scene / sentence.

But there's some great eye candy in it so you've really got to go and see it.

CB_3D
11-05-2003, 12:40 PM
My impression exactly. A lot of eye-candy, not as elegant as in Matrix or even Reloaded, though.
The characters and story got lost in all the explosions and fast action.

The conclusion is a let-down, for me. Not even a real conclusion, IMO.

gjjackson
11-05-2003, 01:34 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but sounds as if it leaves you hangin. There's certainly a lot of questions to be answered after the second one. Is the ending going to end up being like the last episode of Dark Angel.

mattclary
11-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Ditto to much everything said here, especially you, Neil. I consider myself pretty bright, and usually see things in movies others miss, but this just left me confused. Can't be too specific without spoiling. It's like they were trying to be too subtle and/or too deep and just came across as vague instead. I've heard a lot of what you need to know is contained in outside sources such as Animatrix and the Matrix game, which leaves me out of the loop in both instances.

Neil_Campbell
11-05-2003, 03:17 PM
You're right Matt, there's definitely a fair amount of extra info in a couple of the shorts in the Animatrix that are crucial bridges between the Matrix and Reloaded. I can't speak to the game, not my scene.

I can see myself buying a the book called "The W brothers explain the Matrix Universe" or some such, then watching the films again and going "Ah, so that's what that meant".

But hey, gotta love those action scenes :)

cresshead
11-05-2003, 03:41 PM
i think they've left a "hole" of information that will be filled with another film or a set of short films like that of the animatrix...

it would be dialogue led to camera scenes of the oracle/architect and morpheus....how boring would that be?.....but it may make sense of the trilogy...currently if looks stupid and juvinile whith huge gaps of logic and changed reasoning...in the end it feels a bit like a tarantino film..confused mish mash of mini stories that fail to be cohesive and give the viewer a overall understanding, the only thing i get from this was the word "choice".

maybe they should have screen tested it.

steve g

nixx
11-05-2003, 07:36 PM
maybe they should have screen tested it.

You mean you really believe they didn't ?

I won't get into the discussion here, my opinion is 100% different from those of you guys so far. I guess I 'm just one of the marketing-affected fashion victims who actually saw several layers of depth, ideas and philosophy in the story (oh sh*t, I said "story")... But I won't try to convince anyone.

Let's just talk about the jaw-dropping FX work instead... We can agree on that one can't we ? ;)

nick

cresshead
11-05-2003, 08:31 PM
BTW i have the animatrix dvd so i'm in possesion of a bit of background in addition to the 3 films, though i don't have the game... some of the big things in the matix just seem ridiculas right now...with the 3rd film it's made the other 2 seem a bit of a waste..i really liked 1 & 2 but 2 had some many questions that needed answering and instead some were ignored and also the writers seem to have a short term memory only..look back on the films 1 & 2 and 3 really has no logical reson to pan out how it did.

like others have voiced...there will probably be a book out to explain away the seeming mistakes in continuity and plot development.

steve g

Anthony_Locke
11-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Well after sitting through a 9 hour - 3 movie marathon, i can truly say i was staggered at the lack of plot resolution in the third film. It seemed to me allot of new concepts were delivered without explaining items from the second film. (eg the train bit took allot of time and could have maybe been used to explain WHY Neo could do what he could do in R/L?)

But on the positive side, i thought the acting was great...It was really cool to see Bruce Spence after all this time...and Hugo just rocked.....And what about that great punch at the end in the rain...My god that was cool...But these alone do not satisfy...

Bit of a bummer...

Anthony

nixx
11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
BTW i have the animatrix dvd so i'm in possesion of a bit of background in addition to the 3 films, though i don't have the game... some of the big things in the matix just seem ridiculas right now...with the 3rd film it's made the other 2 seem a bit of a waste..i really liked 1 & 2 but 2 had some many questions that needed answering and instead some were ignored and also the writers seem to have a short term memory only..look back on the films 1 & 2 and 3 really has no logical reson to pan out how it did.

Oh I 've looked back, believe me I have ;) Anyway - I *strongly* disagree. You 're being very vague anyway, I could probably convert your negative criticism above into a positive one, just by altering several individual words, lol :p Certainly this vagueness is not enough to convince me that the Matrix sequel(s) suck ! If you could get more specific, I would be very interested to hear it.
But then again, I said I won't try to convince anyone either... Then why the hell am I replying to that post like this ? Cause and effect, I guess... I chose to reply... blah blah blah :p (I 'm joking !)

like others have voiced...there will probably be a book out to explain away the seeming mistakes in continuity and plot development.

Unlike others have voiced... I stronly believe the plot was wondefully developed across both the first movie and the sequel(s). It's just that it's really complex, but everything matters and nothing is there just for the sake of being there. The whole thing is beautifully put together.
But that's just me, and I won't try to convince... (ok I 'm gonna get beaten up, I know it :p)

nick

sketchyjay
11-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Lots of eye candy and I have gripes and can't say more without ruining it for people. So I'll stick to obsure references and scenes shown in commercials.

the rousing speech... sigh.

The resolution made absolutely no sense although colonel sanders kinds of explains it in an off hand way. Guess they should do a animatrix 2 to finish off the story.

The battle was another area that had me pulling my hair out... not with suspense but disbelief at the sentenils... But wow did they look cool.

Morpheous... pour guy they took his heart, you know what I mean.

Now for my favorites:

Got to love nerobi.

Those guardian bots at the end are very cool.

The face, the face

Wow looks like america is embracing mecha. cool machines

So in all I give the machines 5 stars.

The FX 3 because they got goofy at points...okay they get a 8 they are pretty damn good.

The story I give a 2. I think that was my biggest problem. In the first movie they said their piece about the "know thyself" theme and rehashing it in the 2nd movie felt like enough and now a 3rd movie of it just became laughable. The audiance actually spent alot of the movie laughing. That is not a good thing.

So would I recommend it... yeah I would just for the action. Seeing it on a small screen won't do it justice especially for all us 3d artists. The story I guess I'll wait till they all are on DVD and watch them as one long movie and see if it seems more complete that way.

Jay

Lamont
11-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I didn't see the second Matrix flick. I am gonna just buy th ebig nice box set and watch it at home...

I haven't seen a movie that really made me want to get out and see it.

facial deluxe
11-05-2003, 11:49 PM
Awfull, Annoying....

Only enjoyed the dock battle, nice mech.

Rest is pink poetry.

- "Listen, I say mysterious ununderstandable sentences"
-" Uh yeah, I think I got it... ...Whad did you mean btw ?"

Aegis
11-06-2003, 12:47 AM
My only comment about this film is "missed opportunity" - that and despite Joel Silver endlessly saying "this is ABSOLUTELY the last Matrix movie" I won't be the least bit surprised when this cash cow is dusted off by Warner Brothers and given an even less satisfying part 4, 5, 6 ad nauseum :(

riki
11-06-2003, 01:58 AM
I've never really understood why people love the Matrix so much. There's a few good scenes but I'm not sold on KR.

nixx
11-06-2003, 04:53 AM
Great arguments, guys :rolleyes:

Only Steve so far has given any *actual* reasons why he didn't like the sequel (Reloaded). Others, including me, may or may not agree with him (see my post above) but at least he went beyond "I hate it. It sucks. Boooo".

oh well...

nick

jin choung
11-06-2003, 05:22 AM
actually,

i find this last movie sadly encouraging... i really get the impression that brothers are indeed fallible.

i love the matrix movies and until the end, i was hoping that all the holes had some kind of grand design.... something will make it all make sense.

but in the end, i just get the feeling that they simply bit off more than they could chew... grasp was greater than their reach. but still, it was a noble effort and i come off heartened that indeed, i do breathe the same air and that we have a shared mortality.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the movie can be best summed up by saying that it is workmanlike.... it hits all the major beats and they put up all the essential scaffolding....

i think the action scenes that really work are the ones that are very surprisingly LOGICAL.

just the necessity to actually RELOAD during battle in the real world is actually a blast of fresh air compared to the wirefu of the matrix.

**************SPOILER ALERT**************************

i will tell you WHY i thought this movie lacked but in order to do that, i need to spoiler it....

there is no CHOICE. it is all an illusion. we act and feel before we choose. we are all animals that are dangerously out of control.

there is no choice. there is only WHY. not only does the merovingian assert this but so does the oracle.

but why get up mr. anderson? what are you fighting for? why do you struggle? why? why? why?

because i choose to?! what?

are they really trying to say that all things are true?

we'll get into it more when more have seen the movie.

also, the very premise of the matrix is fatally flawed... why go to the trouble of harvesting humans for energy when zion lives on geothermal heat?!

probably maintaining humans costs much more energy than they give....

but again, i really like the matrix movies. i just come away thinking that they are fallible and not geniuses beyond genius that one cannot even fathom being in the same room with.

jin

Nemoid
11-06-2003, 06:01 AM
I haven't seen 3 yet, but I have to say that the development of the trilogy is quite crap. eye candy fx and action scenes, aren't enough to make a good movie.

In reloaded some scene made me think if creators were stupid or smth. Neo battles with this crowd of agents like if he had not the astonishing powers he was supposed to have. he could fly away at the start of the battle and end of the story.

Neo became like a sort of Superman, but without no real enemy to battle with.he needs a weak point.

mattclary
11-06-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by jin choung
also, the very premise of the matrix is fatally flawed... why go to the trouble of harvesting humans for energy when zion lives on geothermal heat?!

probably maintaining humans costs much more energy than they give....

***may have spolilers, proceed at own risk***

OK, when you aren't thrilled with the Matrix, Jin, I know there is a problem with the movie! :) Your quote above hit the nail on the head. Look at the INCREDIBLE amount of energy expended by the machines. What a waste when you have to use humans as batteries. I saw LOTS of wasted energy by the machines. And, HELLLOOOO, they can't figure out a way to get above the clouds and harvest solar energy? I thought the whole purpose of this adventure was to free humans from the Matrix, so why the f*ck does Neo call a truce with the freaking machines?

anieves
11-06-2003, 06:37 AM
I haven't see the last film yet but it would not surprise me if they actually keep making more films.... why? simple, it is a Warner Brothers franchise. WB can not leave anything that has been successful alone. They keep going until the franchise is no longer profitable... remember Batman? 1 and 2 were great and then all hell broke loose. Damn movie executives.

sketchyjay
11-06-2003, 07:33 AM
That's the problem with giving a review withouth spoilers. it's hard to explain the reasons for thing not working.

so here is a SLIGHTLY SPOILED TAKE ON MOVIE PROCEEDE PAST IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

Okay, when I first saw the original movie my first reaction to it was it sucked. The movie was a rehash of every sci fi and cyberpunk story rolled into one and wrapped in black leather and cool camera angles.

After watching it a few times it grew on me. So right from the get go it had some holes and logic problems. Some people (like me) said wow it was a rip off of other movies but it was still kind of cool I forgive them and hope next will be better. Others said well its a rip off and not worth the $7 they paid for it Despite all the leather superheros and slow motion.

Oh and it does have a philosophical undercurent...well more like a tsunami since it the whole point of the movies. Now with any philosophy it is subject to interpretation so mine may differ from what others took away from it (Jin's take for example): I've seen the philosophy used in Babylon 5 (who are you? what do you want?) and every other self help guru out there (tim robins etc)

To me it is summed up as You always have a choice! yes the emotions make make you afraid, or angry etc... but you can choose how you deal with them or the situation you are in. Now in order for you to make the right choices you have to Know Thyself. You must learn to embrace who you are and what you must do. Alot of who you are are the choices you make...(part of the revolving philisophy that everyone was pulling their hair out over in the second movie was from this idea)

Now we have to follow Neo through 3 movies as he comes to grips with who he is (matrix I) what it means (Matrix II) and what choice he will ultimately make because of this (Matrix III) The problem with this is he takes a really long time to comes to grip with what it means in the second movie and while he is being pounded with it as they try to get him to think a certain way we are also subject to it. Of course I've seen the philosophy before so the second movie falls flat for me. Now having written this I don't see how the 2nd movie could of been shot any other way since it had to be a movie of him runing around trying to "discover himself" while saving humanity.

Now the third movie. Once you understand the philosophy you understood why the oracle sat there, you know the scene. The philosophy follows that knowing yourself you take action. Now if you are truely the son of satan then just be him and do what you are supposed to do and make hell on earth. You have choice but I think ultimately you are governed by your nature. all your choices will flow from that.

OK REAL SPOILER HERE (swipe to reveal)

The Speech fell flat. Like the second movie the speeches came off rediculous because there was no emotional attachment. Obviously they wanted braveheart and got The Brave Little Toaster instead. In breave heart the kid had been through some hell and so had his people. you were there with him when it happens. So the speech has more power because you know they will finally collect the bill and you hope they do. In the matrix you have a few fight scenes but all the horror is really a movie back (4 years before the second movie and 5 now for the 3rd movie) so the emotion is largely forgotten. Nothing truely horrifying happens to them. All the danger and doom is always in the future so there is nothing to draw us in. Maybe if they still had to run from the agents since they are too powerful (remember that from the first movie...what happened? ) there would be a sense of danger. Maybe if people living in the nooks and crannies of the tunnels to zion and were streaming into zion in waves as squids slaughtered them...then maybe there would be a present danger that would of engaged me. The 3rd movie the speech was alot of chest beating without me being other their side. I wasn't drawn into the movie so it came off flat. alot of the audience was laughing which just pulled me more away from the movie.

The doc battle. They should of died once they broke in. I mean come on they can't see in all directions. Now the whole loading aspect is cool but having them run all that distance dosn't make any sense. They should of at least had a few loaders and infantry with the lightning guns and tube rockets along side the mecha as they went out...like a real military does. You send troops out alongside the tanks. That would of kept the squids off of them and still allowed them to fight... might of looked more desprite besides.

Where was the infantry they kept talking about...2 women with a tube rocket? in TTT (lord of the rings) they did equip everyone they could with weapons, here they say lucky your not in charge we might survive or something? again an oportunity to show how desprite the battle will be. Also it would of made sense.

Although the sheer number of sentinels that made it into the the dock should of just ended it right there. why did they just fly around or form up into nice easy to hit clumps... guess they had to do it this way or the battle would of been over in 10 minutes.

Morpheous just wasn't himself. Although after being told your whole life is a lie setup to destroy you must of took the wind out of him. He takes a back seat to everything going on in this movie.

What happened at the end? so do they stop freeing people...does everyone get left hooked up as long as zion leaves the matrix alone... they just ended it without a real conclusion. without any bartering or conditions. It's like the machines just said "F it we're tired of fighting anyway." The whole idea of getting people out of the matrix is left unresolved.

Like I said earlier guess they will have to do another animatrix or something that explains why the peace lasts like a week before a hacker goes in and starts shooting up the place to free someone and starts it all over again...

Oh incase anyone else wants to use this swipe effect just use color then replace the color with this:

#dfdfdf - i.e. COLOR=#dfdfdf

or

#eeeeee - i.e. COLOR=#eeeeee

since the messages background colors alternate.

That will hide it.

So that's my take on this.

So it was an okay movie. I'll still get them on DVD and watch it all together. It just felt like they spent more time on the style and philosphy and not enough on how to tell it.

Jay

jeremyhardin
11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
i loved revolutions. most of the sentiments mentioned here, i felt about reloaded. but revolutions stepped up to the bar and did better than i ever expected.

hrgiger
11-06-2003, 10:00 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I have seen it getting luke warm reviews. I don't much care about the story as much as the fact that it just has to entertain me for the two hours or so it's playing. I'll see it for the same reason I'm going to see the third star wars movie even though episode II sucked harder then Traci Lords. Enjoyed the first movie so much, and had such an effect on me that I'll go to see the sequals out of morbid curiosity.

Sidenote (swipe to reveal):

Sketchjay, that's a really fun effect, I never thought to use that before....Perfect for putting spoiler information in! Although, how did you get it to match the color of the background exactly?

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2003, 11:16 AM
I must be blind, but I didn't really see any holes in the movies or gaps. The flight of Osirus is the only animatrix you need to see from what I heard, to give u an idea of how they foud out why the machines were coming. If you seen part too, t\you will have figured out why the machines moved like they did.

"We have destroyed Zion 5 times and have become quite efficient..."

Geothermal power... Humans can live off of geothermal because we are self contained power supplies as emphized by the 1st move. There is no way to generate the power they were using with Geothermal.

Why the machines there are so many machines. The machines were created by humans, humans spawn and grow. The Trianman scene explains this whole concept of why there is so many machines.

Why not go above the clouds to the sun. HELLO!! No electrical device could make it above the clouds. If u noticed the ship had no power coming back in.

Perhaps some of us can fill in the holes for others, maybein another thread as to avoid spoiling the movie.

Oh and the hole choice bit, a machine doesn't have a choice, it is a program, programs don't have a choice, do this if this = this, do that if that - that.

The oracle was the only one who understood (by shear accident) why humans were rejecting the code. With choice entered into a program like it was, it creates an anomially, hence NEO (the what the hell did he say in Part 2).

PS. What happened to the Person playing the oracle?? She Died of a heartattack at the end of the filming for the second movie. Why was Tank not in the sequals? He flipped out on set and was kicked off the movie, hence Link had to replace him.

MiniFireDragon
11-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I should mention one more thing... why n\Neo could do what he can do.

By this time, Neo had fully come into what he is. In order to be such a thing, one must know thy self, hence, the fully integration of his mechincal being and his physical self. So he already has the ability to talk to the machines and recieve the incoming code, he just learned how to broadcast the messages. All electrical devices create "noise" (look at the FFC warnings on you computer and cellphone equipment) he simply created a destructive interference.

Red_Oddity
11-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Just seen it....

Don't get your hopes up if you haven't seen it already...but right now it's probably the best fun to be had in the theatres at the moment...

Pro's : cool effects, worth every penny you spend on the ticket

Con's : rehash, doesn't have the flair and style of the cult hit 'the Matrix' (as far as i'm concerned it's the best of the series and they should have left it at one Matrix movie), fighting scenes lack, story lacks, plot...erm...skip...

conclusion : Do go see it, but don't have too high hopes or your gonna be disappointed...or maybe not:D

sketchyjay
11-06-2003, 12:23 PM
hrgigier. You left color=silvergray.

the trick is to delete the word silver gray and replace it with #dfdfdf. which is teh color of teh background your post is on.

I got the idea from the Carona movie site. they used it all the time. Boy i miss that site.

Oh go see it. you'll all have fun. There is alot of eye candy and I bet you that swarms of enemies will be the next big thing because they looked so damn cool and terrifying.

jay

Original1
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Don't forget the original Matrix was not that much or a hit originally but the DVD with its sub plots was ground breaking.

I don't know wether the plot got too complicated, wether its one of those films you need to watch more than once to get it.

Was somehow strangely anticlimactic but still worth seeing.

cresshead
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
spoilers do not read if you havn't seen the film!!!!!!

i warned you!!!!

and why drill thru rock n stuff wen you can just fly up to the doors?

EMP....how come that there was not a single emp equipped ship or capable device in zion?....we had to wait for the very last ship to burst thru n do it's EMP thing...

what's the deal with agent smith???
the humans were at war with the machine long before agent smith came to exist...so how come with out agent smith they simply give up???......please explain?

the whole 3rd film seems a mess story wise...the fx are amazing but with the debacle of the plot it really had me wondering why i looked forward to it!

also the oracle...i though she was agentised???
and the architect...what the heck is he on about!

the whole thing feels rather "up your bum"..an english expression when people spout rubbish to try and look better than others in mixed company but they usually come of as looking rather silly instead....though they do not see it that way.

rubbish ending

steve g

hrgiger
11-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by sketchyjay
hrgigier. You left color=silvergray.

the trick is to delete the word silver gray and replace it with #dfdfdf. which is teh color of teh background your post is on.

(swipe to reveal...)

Thanks sketchjay!

cresshead
11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
hey you may have something there....

hidden messages.....could it be that there's a hidden plot and storyline in the last matrix film??....

maybe if we use subtitles on the dvd version it might make more sense!

...or is there a "follow the underpaid contunuity man" special areas on the dvd???

okay...i'll pack it in now!

was a"fun" film..should have seenit as that and not any deep meaningful style film.

ACE fx.........

steve g

sketchyjay
11-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Cresshead you missed somthing.

crazy spoilers swipe to take the red pill. (this will ruin the ending so don't read if you haven't seen it yet.)

1. that WAS agent smith...remember he is hte only character that can replicate himself...including into humans hackign the matrix.

2. suposidly the tunnels have explosives, guns traps and everything else you'd need to destroy hordes of machines....

3. the emp destroyed the city so they are only on the ships or maybe out in teh tunnels hence the reason to avoid the tunnels by the machines. the ships all went out as a group and before they could split up to attack the sentinals smith hit the emp and knocked out the ships. the sentinals saw/detected this blast and finished off everyone. smith escaped or was KOed by the pulse himself.

Machines have a either / or, yes/no binary thought process. they do not have grays.

That said, Neo made them an offer "give us peace and i'll save you." They accepted the offer and thus it was ended. They, as said by the architech, do not lie so the offer stands. A friend i was talking to said the the oracle asks about what will become of the rest and it seems that if you want to leave the matrix they won't stop you. So that ends the job of the agents...wonder how happy they will be about it. They could make sequals since there are plenty of characters that might not be happy about the change. Plenty of smaller stories like the first movie where the it's on a personal level that can be told. The machines seem to control alot of the matrix but not all of it.

Now when neo gets back to the matrix the WHOLE world is Smithized. everyone in the world has been taken by smith. The explosion releases everyone and basicly the machines do a rerender on the world removing all the damage so that everyone will wake confused but unaware of what happened. (remember they offered to take pyro(really forgot his name) in the first movie and wipe the memories of the world from it in return for him giving up the team. The machines don't lie so it can be assumed that they will just erase the past few hours.

The Architech I kind of half remember so I guess I'll have to see it again to remind myself.

Damn the more I write about this movie the more I feel like it really needs to be watched as a big 6 hour epic. Too many pieces have slipped into the back of my head in the years and months that have passed.

I suggest watching the first two movies before going out to see this last one.

Jay

sketchyjay
11-06-2003, 03:56 PM
The continuity is scattered across three movies and they don't remind us of any of it so I suggest watching the first two before seeing this movie. I mean watch them that afternoon before going to see it that night or close enough that you kind of have the events of the first two movies fresh in your mind.

Jay

cholo
11-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Matrix Revolutions is the biggest dissappointment ever. What a disgrace! I could write a better ending to the matrix saga in a week. What a waste of time and money. They should've wrapped it up in reloaded and it could've been great, but noooo... I even liked T3 better than revolutions. Sad thing is, no amount of rethoric here in this forum is going to stop fans from attending the theatre and wasting their money on that piece of crap. All I have left is to leave the "real" conclusion to the matrix trilogy to my imagination and hope to erase that awful 3rd part from my head. Btw... I loooved reloaded, yes it was even better than the first. But this time around it's nothing more than an overrated, bloated B movie with a huge budget. Maybe I wouldn't have hated it so much had it not been because the 2 predecessors were amazing. Oh well, such is life. Only good thing about it was LOTR-TROTK trailer before the show I guess.

Hervé
11-06-2003, 11:40 PM
I have a pretty funny photo here, where Keanu Reeves is falling asleep during the premiere of Matrix 3... funny....

Red_Oddity
11-07-2003, 10:00 AM
show us

hrgiger
11-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Well, I finally saw Revolutions this weekend and I'm not sure why there's so much disappointment. I liked it. I was entertained from opening scene to end credits so it did it's job. I don't much care about pesky things like story, plot, and character development. If they're there, it's like a bonus but they're completely unnecessary to entertain. For me anyway.

riki
11-10-2003, 06:19 PM
What is the Meatrix :D
http://www.themeatrix.com

chico
11-11-2003, 02:33 AM
I don't much care about pesky things like story, plot, and character development. If they're there, it's like a bonus but they're completely unnecessary to entertain.

Well put.

You are going to go far in this industry.

chico
11-11-2003, 02:35 AM
(swipe)

This flame has been removed by the moderator.

Red_Oddity
11-11-2003, 03:26 AM
As i said before...

Matrix Revolutions is like Swiss cheese, full of holes, but really tasty:D

gjjackson
11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I FINALLY got to see it. Considering all the posts here about it I was REALLY expecting to be disappointed. I wasn't at all. I did go with a more concentrated mood. So when I watched it I listened intently to every word. As such I found the continuity to be there, albeit quite subtle. One thing for certain, it's sure obvious that the Dubya brothers sure like KungFu and Japanese Anime. That scene with the sentinels in Zion was right out of Anime and that was apparent after only a minute of that scene. Since I'm not a Big fan of Anime I thought it went on too long. People who are really into Anime may like it better. When I heard the ending I thought, How can this be. After seeing the film I thought how could it be anything else. After leaving I felt my 6 bucks were well spent and I'll surely buy the DVD when it comes out. I don't know if I'll watch it 30 times as I did on the first. Just too busy.

Kuzey
11-13-2003, 04:27 PM
and why drill thru rock n stuff wen you can just fly up to the doors?

Well, it could be that it's more efficient to use the diggers to dig through all the levels in the city and then kill everyone. After all, once the sentinels killed most of the human fighters...they just flew in circles waiting to gain access to the rest of Zion. Sentinels are not capable destroying massive structures on their own.

EMP....how come that there was not a single emp equipped ship or capable device in zion?....we had to wait for the very last ship to burst thru n do it's EMP thing..

These ships were destroyed by sentinels in part two with the help of Mr Smith(in human form).

Machines are adaptable and humans aren't. The machines have developed bombs to attack ships without getting near their EMP range. The humans can only repair broken machines, not build new things. Otherwise, they would have developed EMP rockets for fighters.

what's the deal with agent smith???
the humans were at war with the machine long before agent smith came to exist...so how come with out agent smith they simply give up???......please explain?

Because it took three different groups becoming one to defeat him...humans, programs and machines. That and there was a deal made between Neo and the machines.

I liked it but it could have done with an extra hour :p

Kuzey