PDA

View Full Version : Question about anime studio and lightwave

rednova
02-12-2013, 07:03 AM
dear friends:
I am new to anime studio debut 8 and is installed.
I realized that it comes with an editing timeline to edit avi clips.
I believe is supposed it can import lightwave small animation clips to edit with
also anime studio clips.
My question is, Can I use the editing part to edit lightwave animation clips,
as if I use it solely to edit lightwave animations ?
And is there a limit on how long a complete anim sequence would be ?
Thank you !!!

And also: Would you suggest the best possible software to edit lightwave animations ?

wibly wobly
02-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Are you referring to this piece of software?
http://anime.smithmicro.com/anime-pro.html

I've worked on a few shorts where the creator has used it for the character animation, which I then incorporated with some LW animation. The two were comped together in AfterEffects. The editing was done in FinalCut. If you needed to, I don't see why couldn't use image stacks on flat polygons if you needed to make a camera move in LW that was too hard to do in AnimeStudio. The camera from what I'm told can be pretty hard to use in that program. The studio I work at has looked at that software as an alternative to Flash but, Flash is the one that everyone knows and it's a bucket load cheaper then something like Harmony. It does the job, sometimes not all that pretty but, it works. That program does have a lot of really interesting capabilities.

Here's the last short that we did using that program. I don't know if it helps.

http://vimeo.com/45088432

Danner
02-12-2013, 08:33 AM
For short sequences your best bet is a compositing app. (AfterFX, Fusion, Nuke, etc.) They offer basic editing and a wealth of color correction, effects and compositing tools. For anything longer than a couple minutes an editing app is nice to have. (Premier, Avid, FCP, Vegas, etc.) All the mentioned packages are solid and have a loyal fan base but there are other good ones out there, even free ones.