PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easy way to Replace items from Scene?

sami
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Other than with Scripting I mean.

I have a some items animated in a source scene file, of which I've got dozens of other scenes that were all permutations of other scenes and a that source scenes. Is there an easy way to Replace Items From Scene, so that the items and animations from the source scene that were "Load from Scene"'ed into those other scenes and had slight changes to them (additions of nulls in their hierarchies etc) get updated?

I suspect not- as there is probably no way for LW to determine what it loaded from the scene. And I have to manually replace them in all these scene files or write a script.

And if there is not another way to do that, isn't it about time that LW had smart scene linking? Kind of like Smart Objects in photoshop - or where if the source version is changed, updated will flow to the other documents.... Maybe I should put this in Feature Requests - but I wonder with all the new 11.x changes if there is something I missed that can help.

Sensei
02-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Replace strings in .lws in text editor perhaps?
Make backup of file prior experimenting.

sami
02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Replace strings in .lws in text editor perhaps?
Make backup of file prior experimenting.

Good idea! I can use the app Beyond Compare to check out where the differences are in the scene so I know what to search and replace, but I'll definitely make backups before messing around.