PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed!!

prometheus
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi there, I got an issue and ask you guys if someone knows how to stop this..

I was doing some envelope editing for moving faked shadows (alpha planes) with envelopes using graph editor, now I had vpr open and pressed play on the timeslider while having the graph editor open, and I can not stop the timeslider to play or shut down anything else, it just goes on and play with vpr updating constantly without me able to stop it.

any hint if there´s possibility to stop it before I get tired of it and shut down lightwave through task manager without being able to save the scene?
escape or ctrl buttons doesn´t do a thing.

Michael

RebelHill
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Hold insert key??

prometheus
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Hold insert key??

Thanks..but nope..it is still going...the insert key is on my portable keyoard sharing the delete key strangly and unfortunatly, but if it would have worked otherwise I dont know?

Im gonna eat and do som dishes for a while ...:( I do have the scenefile saved..but not sure which of last changes I did.

Michael

prometheus
02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
had to give up and closed it with task manager...the scenefile was okay anyway, but...It happen again..I accidently pressed the play button while using vpr..and it just continous to vpr refine and play the time slider without me being able to pause or stop it, this time the graph editor was closed...a little annoying.

I ran in to this before..even before lw 11.5...not sure what rule I am breaking here though.

Michael

sami
02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
had to give up and closed it with task manager...the scenefile was okay anyway, but...It happen again..I accidently pressed the play button while using vpr..and it just continous to vpr refine and play the time slider without me being able to pause or stop it, this time the graph editor was closed...a little annoying.

I ran in to this before..even before lw 11.5...not sure what rule I am breaking here though.

Michael

Click on the viewport settings button and see what your "Render FPS" is set to, maybe that has something to do with it? I haven't run into this problem in 11.03 though I haven't hammered 11.5 yet....

I think the default is 20FPS ?

prometheus
02-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Click on the viewport settings button and see what your "Render FPS" is set to, maybe that has something to do with it? I haven't run into this problem in 11.03 though I haven't hammered 11.5 yet....

I think the default is 20FPS ?

yepp it is set to 20FPS,but that is not acessable once it is hooked on play and vpr refining.

you could try this..open skytracer, have vpr open move the clouds with an envelope in graph editor, have it open and "accidently press the timeline play button"
then try to stop or acess anything else...

Michael

VermilionCat
02-12-2013, 04:25 AM
I also had this issue before. Sometimes you can stop it by holding Insert Key but it's scary coz it happens for no apparent reason.
Hope this won't happen with 11.5...

prometheus
02-12-2013, 04:26 AM
I also had this issue before. Sometimes you can stop it by holding Insert Key but it's scary coz it happens for no apparent reason.
Hope this won't happen with 11.5...

well.. it does..Im using 11.5

Michael

VermilionCat
02-12-2013, 04:58 AM
Eh... Well... that's too bad... I believe this began since LW11. I don't remember this happened in LW10.

VermilionCat
02-13-2013, 04:31 AM
Okay, happened to me again. Holding down Insert Key and waited for a min or so then it stopped. Quite annoying...