PDA

View Full Version : All possible scoreboard overlay options.....

BehindTheMic1
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Can we get an actual full post of all the options out there to grab the data from scoreboard to auto overlay onto Tricaster for sports broadcast. I own the 455 with a stand alone copy of Live Text and have a huge budget for whatever I need to get it done. I know of Daktronics all sport but only have one of those scoreboards on campus so need another option at other places. I have tried really hard to get anyone at Video4ever to send me info on the score bot but its been a total fail. It's like they don't want my money.

I just am looking for every solution on how to make this work. I need it by beginning of March so I wanna make a move soon. Any help or advice from anything people have done will be great. Thanks

Brian Mirrlees
02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
What are the other makes/models of scoreboard systems on campus that you wish to interface with? And what type of sport(s) are you planning on covering?

ZachSchuster
02-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Grahics Outfitters offers the ScoreOCR system, which, in my opinion, is the most robust option. You point a camera at the scoreboard, ingest the signal in to the ScoreOCR computer, do a bit of setup in their software, and it performs text recognition on the clock and scores. I say this is the most robust because you don't need to test serial data compatibility. If you can point a camera at it, ScoreOCR will work. Tabletop alarm clock with digital output? Check. Timing system for bull riding? Check. Deli counter "Now Serving" digital sign? Check.

You get the point. It has other potential uses outside of sports where a serial output was never conceived by the display designers.

BehindTheMic1
02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Brian, we have Nevco, Electromech, and Fair Play.

I am going to buy Daktronics All Sport for arena (Basketball/volleyball) and I need something for Nevco for football/lacrosse, then Fairplay at baseball, softball, soccer. I was told Scorebot can do all them separately but they wont give me the time of day.

Zach, I dont want to use up a camera input for the scoreboard if I can help it. We use all four of our inputs so I need another solution. Thanks for the time you have taken to help.

kltv
02-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Zach, I dont want to use up a camera input for the scoreboard if I can help it. We use all four of our inputs so I need another solution.

The OCR doesn't take up any inputs on your TriCaster. It goes to another box that does the recognition.

Kris

brians0105
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
If you're not wanting to eat up an input on your TriCaster, I'd agree with Kris and Zach that ScoreOCR from Graphics Outfitters is your all-in-one solution. Use a cheap consumer camcorder to shoot the clock/scoreboard, run this into the ScoreOCR computer, and it will output an accurate data feed. This data feed will work alongside your LiveText that you already have.

I'd even argue it is QUICKER and EASIER to setup ScoreOCR for each game than it is to get a working data feed from a Daktronics AllSportCG.

If you need more info, contact Rich at Graphics Outfitters or shoot me an email at brian [AT] schefftech.com. We use ScoreOCR for our games and we're an Authorized Reseller.

Brian

JonRaidel
02-28-2013, 12:29 PM
ontop of Graphic Outfitters ScoreOCR I would suggest contacting Rich at Graphic Outfitters, if your controllers have a way to get data out of the panel, he can write a script to import that data into Livetext via his Scorebrdige application. I currently use it on a fairplay system that newtek 'claims' livetext is unable to do. ::sigh::