PDA

View Full Version : Quick time movies

amath
02-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Quick time movies are small in size and good quality.
Can't seem to get avi down in size and same quality as quick time.

I am emailing movies to clients but they can,t read quick time, only avi.
Is there a solution to this?

Dexter2999
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Well, your clients could (should) install Quicktime. It's free. No reason not to.

If they say something like their IT department hasn't/won't/can't, they can download and run VLC player as a portable app from a thumbdrive without needing it "installed" on the machine playing it back.

You could also try posting it to a secure server as a flash and send them a link to view it. Then again, if they don't have Quicktime, maybe they won't have Flash.

Shabazzy
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Have you tried using an avi with an mp4 or mpeg4 codec?

You'll need to ensure you have an adequate number of codecs installed on your system so you can choose one that gives you good results. I've found that the mp4 codec for .avi gives a pretty good filesize to quality ratio.

nickdigital
02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Quick time movies are small in size and good quality.
Can't seem to get avi down in size and same quality as quick time.

I am emailing movies to clients but they can,t read quick time, only avi.
Is there a solution to this?

Ask the client what avi codec they require for reviews.

bazsa73
02-10-2013, 03:25 AM
But if they can open an avi then they can open a wmv, wmv 9 is as good as qt H264 and makes nice small videos.

prometheus
02-11-2013, 06:23 PM
have to check wmv9.

otherwise as mentioned, quicktime is free to dowload,and you also got vlc media player that can pla mov format pretty well, the thing with movīs and quicktime is that you can scroll the timeslider back and forth to evaluate the movie clip with direct feedback.

render out to png or tga is prefered and combine them into compositing program ..such as after effects and save out as quicktime h264 is a good way, or use the less compressing quictime animation codec.

Michael