PDA

View Full Version : Rigging and animation tools

richd
02-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi as an animator its always a drama to animate characters in lightwave. Instead you need all these other plugins and other programs to get some half descent results. With the introduction of Genoma, this is a leap in the right direction. However,we need more tutorials on how to use it . Make more tutorials on animating on youtube, How do you Genoma with IK booster? Whats a fast setup to use when animating using Genoma setup?. Simple clear vids on Youtube for us animators.. PLease please please please. ....

lino.grandi
02-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Hi as an animator its always a drama to animate characters in lightwave. Instead you need all these other plugins and other programs to get some half descent results. With the introduction of Genoma, this is a leap in the right direction. However,we need more tutorials on how to use it . Make more tutorials on animating on youtube, How do you Genoma with IK booster? Whats a fast setup to use when animating using Genoma setup?. Simple clear vids on Youtube for us animators.. PLease please please please. ....

I will try to cover the many aspects of Genoma in several videos. I'm planning to make a commercial one as well, probably called Genoma Revealed, that should really go deep into it.

Spinland
02-09-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm planning to make a commercial one as well, probably called Genoma Revealed, that should really go deep into it.

I'll keep the credit card warmed up in anticipation. :)

RebelHill
02-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi as an animator its always a drama to animate characters in lightwave.

Try the links in the sig... and some of the demo characters here... http://rebelhill.net/html/shares.html

Straight-up, you wont find a more animator friendly and focused character rig for LW anywhere.

sami
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
He's right, the Rhiggit rig is truly easy and a dream to animate with. It makes character animation fun - the actual part where you get to animate - although I do admit some of the Lightwave workflow around the point where you actually get to animate is painful and tedious. That being said there is room for a number of improvements to weighting tools etc.

mav3rick
02-27-2013, 05:32 AM
Genoma is really great addon for non CA people to get into CA. One of my 3d colleges that is mainly modeler and does great character models always had problems with posing his models for print or personal projects.. now he started to njoy this cause it is simple few clicks to get job done.
Main strength of Genoma is it's modular, not just limited to bipeds and you can simple make setup for just anything you imagine.

i can only imagine what 2.0 will look like!

lino.grandi
02-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Thank you so much mav!

richd
03-16-2013, 08:31 PM
hi thanks for replying to the thread. Be great to get some more vids for genoma.But what would really help is to be shown more the animation workflow. The genome rigging is fairly well covered except for the making of a new genoma rig. What would be helpful would be a vid showing say a simple walk scene from start to finish with genome, biped as well as quad, with keyframing and general work flow. Same goes with Rhiggit too. Rhiggit looks good, so will be exploring this , still need more info on genoma, but I feel we're on the right track :)