PDA

View Full Version : Select by normal problems

lertola2
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I have been having some problems with the new select by normal command. Earlier today I was using it and the polygons that became selected were ones on a different layer than the one I was working on. After restarting that does not seem to be happening any more.

A more severe problem is that if you are working on a dense mesh and make any changes to the plugin's initial selection you will have to wait a long time as each polygon's highlighting is erased one by one. This is tedious and can take an extremely long time on high poly models.

lertola2
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Wow I am trying to use this tool on a dense mesh and its really painful. The initial selection happens almost instantly. But any adjustments causes the selection to be redrawn one polygon at a time. A work around is to select a polygon and then switch to points mode before you activate the tool. But that easy to forget to do. Now I have a 5 minute wait while my selection slowly updates.

jrandom
02-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I've seen similar behavior when running BandSaw Pro on non-trivial meshes. You'd think it would just select behind the scenes and only update the viewport at the end, but it does it one at a time.