PDA

View Full Version : Watch TECTV for animation

rrae33
11-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Techtv has a animation show series called EYEDROPS. They accept little animation clip from animators using different type animation software. Good place to submit your work and see the various animation software capabilities.

www.techtv.com

gjjackson
11-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I haven't seen the show airing for some time. It seems they couldn't get any new animations. The show was one reason I got into CG. First they previewed Blender and I went through that for a while. Then they previewed the PLE from Maya. I considered buying it. The version I was looking at was about 2G. I thought that wasn't bad considering what was done in some shows as Shrek etc. But then found out the $2G version didn't include a lot. I finally found LW and have been extremely satisfied.

prospector
11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Haven't seen anything new on there for awhile now either.

gjjackson
11-07-2003, 01:06 PM
There was another 3D animation site that would host animations and such. Many of them were more on the dark side, somewhat gothic, if I remember. But for the life of me I can't remember what the website was. Maybe someone else knows. It seems there was some special on TV about it and that's where I got the link. I don't know, maybe I was in the Matrix when I saw it.

dablan
11-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Perhaps if they would respond to certain LightWave animators, perhaps more people would watch.

Not everyone uses Maya.

:)