PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Question, 9.6.1

cyatic
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Just a quick question. I noticed you can run LW 11.5 without a dongle, can 9.6.1 run without a dongle as well? I have mine but it's a pain sometimes having to carry it around. Just wondering. Thank you.

Cyatic

Dexter2999
02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
No.

Cryonic
02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
only 11.0.3 and up and only on Windows 7 (and maybe the latest OSX, not sure about that though).

urdedmete
02-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Not a reply but a question. forgive if i am posting in the wrong place. i lost my dongle for 9.6. i have replaced it. but i cannot find the permanent license to enter under the help screen. its registered. i have downloaded license.lwk but i cannot drag into the splash screen nor open it. the instructions tell me they will email to me but alas they did not send the license. what am i missing. i am in contact with customer support but they seem to be a very busy group and have not found time to answer such a mundane question. any help appreciated. thanks, an oldie , newbie

Dexter2999
02-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Is this for 9.6? Because the "drag and drop" isn't for 9.6 to my knowledge.
If you are using 9.6 you would need to re-register with your new dongle, I believe. Your old registration key is tied to your old dongle ID and shouldn't work. Also, when you replace a dongle, it isn't like they are looking up your old info and burning it to a custom dongle for you. They are just sending you a new one.

But hey, I could be wrong.

rwhunt99
02-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I believe you can, there is a separate file for each version in the your accounts page at Newtek, but it only works in Win 7 and above. I haven't tried it so I could be wrong.
Also, your serial number for each version is listed as well.