PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11 books/manuals?

evildrganymede
02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
The most recent general instruction/training/tutorial book I've got for Lightwave is Dan Ablan's "Inside Lightwave 8" from LW8 era, and the program's changed a fair bit since then (e.g. the node editor) so it's probably not much use for 11.5.

I know Dan Ablan stopped writing the Inside Lightwave books, which is a shame as I thought they were pretty good. I know there are videos available but I'd prefer to get a physical tome that I can use for reference. Can anyone recommend any general instruction/tutorial books that at least cover everything up to LW11 or 10?

And is the LW Manual going to be rewritten/recompiled into a single volume for LW 11.5? Currently it seems to be a patchwork piecemeal of the LW 10, LW 11.0 and 11.5 documentation.

dwburman
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM
It has been said that the manual will be rewritten for LW12. I don't know the answer to the book question. :)

erikals
02-08-2013, 03:25 AM
check out the book in my signature - [digital-modeling]

also check the link - LW vidz

rvankan
02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Dan Ablan did write Inside Lightwave 10: Check out http://www.amazon.com/Inside-LightWave-v10-Dan-Ablan/dp/032176661X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360321446&sr=8-1&keywords=inside+lightwave

evildrganymede
02-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Dan Ablan did write Inside Lightwave 10: Check out http://www.amazon.com/Inside-LightWave-v10-Dan-Ablan/dp/032176661X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360321446&sr=8-1&keywords=inside+lightwave

Would this still be useful for LW 11.5?

mike_stening
02-08-2013, 09:06 AM
inside LW10 is a really small book, especially when compared to the bricks that were inside LW7 & 8. Still good though.
LWv9 Texturing does have a chapter on the node editor but that has changed since then but is also a useful read.

The digital modeling one is good but is not LW specific, more of a guide to practices than app intricacies.

evildrganymede
02-08-2013, 11:55 AM
So are there really no general LW11 books available? Has everyone just switched to video training now?

I guess the next question is "what decent video training is there", even though that's not really my first preference.

RebelHill
02-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I very much doubt you'll find many (any) new books coming forth for LW, there's just not a big enough market to support the publishing effort. You'll generally find at least lots of such thinning for the other 3d apps too, so yes, its all going video. Obv more broad topics, like modeling, lighting, staging, etc will keep having books, but very often they'll be aiming to be none app specific.

Tbh, there's a lot to be said for video... its much easier to see whats actually happening rather than trying to read descriptions and match them with actions u perform yourself. If its reference that you're after having, there's no reason not to sit with a notepad whilst watching, taking notes, memos or timecode references you can turn to later quickly and easily.

erikals
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
people are in general going away from books, video lessons is the new thing.

(video) there's no reason not to sit with a notepad whilst watching, taking notes, memos or timecode references you can turn to later quickly and easily.

+2

Dexter2999
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
New doesn't always mean better.

Spinland
02-08-2013, 01:50 PM
These days I won't buy a book unless I can get the Kindle version, anyway. Most publishers now provide links to download the accompanying DVD files. I'd much rather be reading or watching tutorial videos on my tablet than holding a book.

Dexter2999
02-08-2013, 02:03 PM
And that is a very casual way of doing things with varying degrees of return of success. It is convenient, and the way the general populace is moving. At least in this way the written tutorials can be preserved for a bit longer. Some tablets even play back the training videos.

I personally don't own a kindle or ipad and really have no interest in them. I have found a few people who use them as tools but to the vast majority of users I think they are just toys.

Not that I have anything against toys.

jeric_synergy
02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
The thing I don't like about videos is, they are not (TMK) text searchable.

So if you want to look up one tiny thing.... You Are Hosed.

Spinland
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
The thing I don't like about videos is, they are not (TMK) text searchable.

An excellent point.

UnCommonGrafx
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
As an educator this new video trend sucks the air out of reading to learn.

Dexter2999
02-08-2013, 03:05 PM
As an educator this new video trend sucks the air out of reading to learn.

On getting a "D" for the book report;

Did you read the book?
Well, I watched the video.

Videos convey information at a faster rate. Aside from speed readers, I don't think this point is up for debate. Having said that, I think videos would benefit from planning, effort, and editing that go into not only textbooks but professional video production. Professionals work months and years to created the best book or video they can.

I've got a shelf full of training videos. And I can tell you from all of the video's I own and the ones I have streamed or taken through online training at work, VERY FEW people find the recipe for making a great training video. Some are like talking text books, dry, boring, and you find yourself getting impatient and just wanting it to be over. Some are so unstructured you find yourself having to watch it a dozen times to get what was being taught.

Teaching and storytelling are to be respected. And just because someone is good (or even great) at a particular skill doesn't mean they are good teachers.

There is room for improvement in this field. And perhaps in the end it will need to become mixed-media with videos and text materials as well.

jeric_synergy
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I think videos are GREAT for training.

I think videos are RUBBISH for reference.

KevinL
02-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I second :) I have taken to doing markup in my PDF versions which I like a lot.

Kevin L

I think videos are GREAT for training.

I think videos are RUBBISH for reference.

evildrganymede
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Well that's the thing, I'm sure the videos would be good to learn on, but I do need a decent reference book too. Unfortunately the manual seems to be stuck at LW 10 + extra bits for 11 and 11.5, which is a bit annoying.

I do have the Inside LW 8 book, but I guess parts of it are pretty out of date now. I suspect I'd be better off getting a newer book.

So let me put it this way, what would you guys recommend I get? I'm a bit hesitant about getting the Inside Lightwave 10 book because it seems a bit on the small side, and also one of the reviews I read implied that it was written before CORE was finished (I thought CORE became LW10?). Is it still worth getting? Has LW11 made it very out-dated? I'm not really after generic modelling books either, I need something specific for LW.

Is it worth printing out/buying the LW 10 hardcopy manual (I think newtek sell it)? I don't have a tablet to read the PDFs from while I'm working on LW, which would probably be the ideal way to read it electronically.

jeric_synergy
02-10-2013, 09:38 AM
CORE never went nowhere, so don't worry about that.

You can BUY an entire ereader for less than printing out the PDFs, so I'd say just invest in one.

If you actually work thru the tutorials in ILW8, you'll get a good introduction to the basics of LW11. Those books are IMO still valuable.

evildrganymede
02-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh I know that the basic modelling stuff is probably relatively unchanged between LW 8 and 11, but it's things like the node editor and other new features that I'm completely clueless about (and LW8 doesn't talk about that because the old surface editor was still being used then).

jeric_synergy
02-10-2013, 06:39 PM
There's ILW9 too, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, if it's node instruction you crave, I suggest you get over to Liberty3d.com and peruse their offerings.

dablan
02-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi guys -
yes, Inside LightWave v10 was my last book. It's thinner than others, but still 400 pages. We had planned to add to it later for CORE but that changed.

For LightWave v11, I have a full blown from the ground up video training course - here - (http://www.3dgarage.com/collections/newtek-lightwave-3d/products/lightwave-3d-v11-signature-courseware) It's 10 hours of high resolution project based videos.

I've written 14 books (10 LightWave books) dating back to 1996 and version 5.0. Most of you probably don't even know those versions back then :)
The decision to not write another LightWave book is based on many things: some I care not to talk about... but there's also the fact that it's difficult to get a publisher on board these days. Add to that the transition to digital, and the state of books like these are in flux. Frankly, I'm seeing it with photography books as well. What's been coming out in print are more theory type books, and less tutorial based.

Perhaps someone will do a book for 11.5 as it's the best LightWave release yet. I'm sure future versions will only get better!

jeric_synergy
02-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Most of you probably don't even know those versions back then :)
Know 'em? I still got 'em on my shelf! :)

philthorn
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi guys -
For LightWave v11, I have a full blown from the ground up video training course - here - (http://www.3dgarage.com/collections/newtek-lightwave-3d/products/lightwave-3d-v11-signature-courseware) It's 10 hours of high resolution project based videos.

I just wanted to jump in and say the Lightwave 11 Signature course from Dan is top-notch and a lot of fun to go through. I'm anxiously awaiting the 11.5 course due ... er... now. :-)

-Phil

evildrganymede
02-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Thanks! Well that does look interesting... the price is not bad either! How indepth is it? Do you just show how to use things and what they do, or do you explain the principles enough to let the viewer understand them and figure out where to take what they've learned?

And will you be adding any material for LW11.5?

3dWannabe
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi guys -
yes, Inside LightWave v10 was my last book. It's thinner than others, but still 400 pages. We had planned to add to it later for CORE but that changed.

I've written 14 books (10 LightWave books) dating back to 1996 and version 5.0. Most of you probably don't even know those versions back then :)
The decision to not write another LightWave book is based on many things: some I care not to talk about... but there's also the fact that it's difficult to get a publisher on board these days. Add to that the transition to digital, and the state of books like these are in flux. Frankly, I'm seeing it with photography books as well. What's been coming out in print are more theory type books, and less tutorial based.

Perhaps someone will do a book for 11.5 as it's the best LightWave release yet. I'm sure future versions will only get better!
I've got a number of your books and videos - and recently ordered your 11.5 videos.

Highly recommended as a learning tool for Lightwave!!

One thing I'd like, especially as you are moving away from books, is a detailed outline that references the time in each of the movies.

------ video1.mp4 -------
00:30 intro
02:25 Genoma
03:10 cool technique for saving presets.
.etc. but in very great detail, listing the important keywords

This is the only way that a video can be searchable.

It's important to me to be able to quickly find an important point in the video at a later time - and quite a pain to have to write all this myself.

It would increase the value of your video training.

GoatDude
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks! Well that does look interesting... the price is not bad either! How indepth is it? Do you just show how to use things and what they do, or do you explain the principles enough to let the viewer understand them and figure out where to take what they've learned?

And will you be adding any material for LW11.5?

I have all of Dan's books, and they're a great learning resource. LW 11 video course is also very good. Love the bat flocking tutorial. I keep looking in my InBox for link to 11.5 :)

dablan
02-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys -

the LW11 course on 3DGarage.com is pretty in-depth. It has to be at 10 hours! :)
You can learn the software even if you're brand new - it's from the ground up.

The 11.5 is just about ready. The new modeling tools are covered and I show you how to use them.
Genoma is fully covered - and you'll rig a giraffe. It's stupid easy with this awesome new tool.
These are all on our delivery server!
However, I'm working on more dynamics and updated tools today and once those are up on our
server, we'll get the pre-order links plugged in and sent out. So we are very close to this new
11.5 course!

Thanks again -
Dan
p.s. this year, I plan to upgrade the storefront, and have more freebies on the site, better accessibility, etc.

philthorn
02-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys -

the LW11 course on 3DGarage.com is pretty in-depth. It has to be at 10 hours! :)

The 11.5 is just about ready. The new modeling tools are covered and I show you how to use them.
Genoma is fully covered - and you'll rig a giraffe. It's stupid easy with this awesome new tool.
These are all on our delivery server!
However, I'm working on more dynamics and updated tools today and once those are up on our
server, we'll get the pre-order links plugged in and sent out. So we are very close to this new
11.5 course!

Thanks again -
Dan
p.s. this year, I plan to upgrade the storefront, and have more freebies on the site, better accessibility, etc.

Thanks Dan! Looking forward to it - especially the Genoma stuff.

-Phil

sandman300
02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys -

Thanks for making the series. I purchased it back in December when my daughter (10 years old) showed an interest in learning about Lightwave. Which is perfect since your stuff has been perfect for both old and new users. It can be really daunting for someone completely new to 3D, to be able to break thins down into easier bite sized ideas makes the learning curve much less frustrating. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the update.

evildrganymede
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Is there going to be a unified 11.0 + 11.5 training video release? Or does the 11.5 video include all the 11.0 stuff already (the blurb seems to imply it's an addon to the 11.0 course)? It sounds like the $50 price is the 'pre-order' price, so if it's going to be $90 and I'd need to get the 11.0 video at $90 then that might be a bit much for me. (how many hours is the 11.5 material?)

ncr100
02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Is 3dGarage taking a break while the blizzard covers that part of the US? Does anyone know?

Dexter2999
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Is 3dGarage taking a break while the blizzard covers that part of the US? Does anyone know?

See post# 29 in this thread.

And I'm not sure how much of the blizzard is actually getting to Chicago? The maps I have seen make it all appear East of Indiana, nowhere near Illinois.

ncr100
02-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Tx Dex - I was unsure so I checked Chicago Tribune - I saw snowflakes on their fake weather map thing so I figured they got it too.

Been watching the product-page (http://www.3dgarage.com/collections/frontpage/products/lightwave-11-5-up-to-speed) as its html gets tweaked in prep for release :) "Patience," I tell myself.

evildrganymede
02-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Well since the info on the 3Dgarage website answered my questions (the 11.5 videos don't include the stuff from the 11.0 videos, and the 11.5 package is cheaper than the 11.0 one anyway), I decided to go ahead and get the 11.0 courseware, which is downloading as I type. So I'll see how this goes :) - thanks for the help everyone!

philthorn
02-16-2013, 08:05 PM
I really enjoyed the 11 Signature course. The flocking stuff was fun. I'm totally anticipating some useful training out of the 11.5 course since Dan spent so much time on all the new features and especially the LW/AE pipeline.

philthorn
02-19-2013, 10:28 AM
It's heeere! So far very good stuff. I've gone through the modeling vids. Lot's of good info in this 11.5 Up-To-Speed course. There were a couple tools I read about but never had a chance to play with until I saw Dan using them - they are now staples in my tool set!

Thanks Dan!

dablan
02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
It's heeere! So far very good stuff. I've gone through the modeling vids. Lot's of good info in this 11.5 Up-To-Speed course. There were a couple tools I read about but never had a chance to play with until I saw Dan using them - they are now staples in my tool set!

Thanks Dan!

Yep - links have been sent to all pre-orders.
We're not bundling the 11 Signature and the 11.5 Up To Speed. The reason is that many have our 11 course already. We've just kept the price on the 11.5 cheaper (just $49.95)
It's 4 hours and covers the new tools. There's lots of great new modeling features in 11.5.

As for a blizzard - no, we're all good in Chi-town. Plus our studio is minutes from our house so no problem with snow.

There's a highlight video at www.3DGarage.com (http://www.3DGarage.com)

Here's what's in the new course:

0_Introduction

1_Modeler_Transform

2_Modeler_Tweak

3_Modeler_Keyboards

4_Modeler_AxisTranslate

5_Modeler_LinePen

6_Modeler_HeatShrink&Thicken

7_Modeler_HeatShrink

8_Modeler_Align

9_Modeler_Chamfer

10_Modeler_PlaceMesh

11_Modeler_Straighten

12_Modeler_EditEdges

13_Modeler_Slice

14_Modeler_UVunwrap

15_Genoma1

16_Genoma2

17_Genoma3

18_Surface_CopyPaste

19_MotionBlur_DOF

20_BulletDynamics_Basics

21_BulletDynamics_SoftStuff

22_BulletDynamics_Fun

23_FiberFX1

24_FiberFX2

25_AE_Interchange1

26_AE_Interchange2

27_AE_Composite

28_Flocking_Basics

29_Flocking_PredPrey

30_Instancing

31_Closing

jeric_synergy
02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Dan, great to see training available for 11.5.

Everybody: I've ALWAYS found Dan's work to be valuable and instructive. Rest assured, you'll get your money's worth.*

*after I typed that, I realized it's an Emerson, Lake, and Palmer lyric.

GandB
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I also found Dan's Courseware to be fully-involved, and very helpful. Even if you're a complete beginner (as in, you don't even know what a vertex is). ;)

BeeVee
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
*after I typed that, I realized it's an Emerson, Lake, and Palmer lyric.

What? "I've ALWAYS found Dan's work to be valuable and instructive"? Was that in the second verse of "I believe in Father Christmas"? ;)

B

jeric_synergy
02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I know! Pretty odd that. :)

stiff paper
02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Yikes. You people not only know who/what ELP are/is but you actually know lyrics and song titles.

I have never before been scared by the LW forums...

jeric_synergy
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes yes, we're old, we get it. ;)

Hey, wanna buy some Amiga software?

stiff paper
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Yes yes, we're old, we get it. ;)

Age is irrelevant! It's the previously concealed ELP knowledge that's scary...

(For what it's worth, I'm probably older. Old enough to have been buying, say, Jethro Tull LPs in the mid to late 1970s...)

stiff paper
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
grr...

Eagle66
03-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I have watched now every videos from LightWave 11.5 "Up To Speed" - it was a good v11.5 overview of the tools - but mainly an entry Beginner level course and something superficial, quick and dirty and disappointing in many parts.

For example:

21_BulletDynamics_SoftStuff: the giraffe is broken before the collision starts - i accept a solving solution for upcoming problems and not ignore them

30_Instancing: the correct random rotation for 45 degrees of city block don't work - so it was ignored, and go to the next theme

Genoma and Flocking: all the setups not really have any good useful quality, broken geometry, etc. ; so the problems are after that what was showing to make that work correctly for production level.

I wish the next time something more accurate Lessons, randomly play around with parameters is simple, but up to speed for a correct working result is the goal!!

Thanks

Yep - links have been sent to all pre-orders.
We're not bundling the 11 Signature and the c Up To Speed. The reason is that many have our 11 course already. We've just kept the price on the 11.5 cheaper (just $49.95)
It's 4 hours and covers the new tools. There's lots of great new modeling features in 11.5.

As for a blizzard - no, we're all good in Chi-town. Plus our studio is minutes from our house so no problem with snow.

There's a highlight video at www.3DGarage.com (http://www.3DGarage.com)

dablan
03-10-2013, 12:54 PM
I have watched now every videos from LightWave 11.5 "Up To Speed" - it was a good v11.5 overview of the tools - but mainly an entry Beginner level course and something superficial, quick and dirty and disappointing in many parts.

For example:

21_BulletDynamics_SoftStuff: the giraffe is broken before the collision starts - i accept a solving solution for upcoming problems and not ignore them

30_Instancing: the correct random rotation for 45 degrees of city block don't work - so it was ignored, and go to the next theme

Genoma and Flocking: all the setups not really have any good useful quality, broken geometry, etc. ; so the problems are after that what was showing to make that work correctly for production level.

I wish the next time something more accurate Lessons, randomly play around with parameters is simple, but up to speed for a correct working result is the goal!!

Thanks

Eagle,
Thanks for your feedback. Of course, as I've stated before, please email our studio, or me directly with thoughts and comments, rather than posting on a public forum.
That does no good for anyone.

The lessons are accurate, and we've had tremendous feedback. The title of the course "Up To Speed" is exactly that. It is designed to introduce the new tools,
and show how they work. Future courses will be specific to topics, and go more in depth.

Your comments are not entirely clear, so feel free to email me privately to discuss.

Thanks,
Dan

chikega
03-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I know videos are the way to go for software training. But what surprises me is that Blender has one of the fastest development cycles .. yet it has tons of books.

dablan
03-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Weird isn't it. Even if I could get a publisher to sign on for a book, which they wouldn't after the LW10 fiasco and core and all that, I'm not interested in doing it. The return just isn't there. Then I get snobby europeans making ridiculous comments and 1 star reviews which then kills sales. :)

Spinland
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
It's a shame the book scene has gone that way, especially for you, Dan. IMNSDHO a Kindle book edition on my iPad is still far and away the best way to learn stuff, especially when I want to refer back to specific techniques later. Videos are awesome for initial exposure, but when I need to look up that certain something (and I didn't think to jot down a video title and time stamp), they can be a royal pain. :)

dablan
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I get it. But 12 years ago, I made decent money on the books, even at a measly 12% royalty. Now, I don't think I hit $100 this entire year. Videos I can control, I can do sales, and I can profit from. Granted, the monthly server and hosting costs are quite expensive, but fast downloads are important. If I were to do another book I'd self publish for sure, at least 3D. Photography if they'd offer me a gig I'd do it.

Spinland
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
No criticism implied, Dan. A close friend of mine did a lucrative series of Photoshop books, that was years ago, and it seems the returns went south for him, too, so there won't be another. It's just the times. I'm just regretful.

I'll always be a good customer when you release new 3D stuff.

dablan
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Of course! I appreciate the feedback.
I pitched an idea to do a book about building a photography business. Publisher loved the idea and turned down the other 4 people who submitted on the same topic. Mine was best they said. However, since I didn't have 20k twitter followers and wasn't a "rock star" in the photo world (yet) they held off. Really? Isn't that marketing's job? Crazy book business. :)

erikals
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Dan, as for books you could have looked into Amazon i think.
as far as i recall they give a good percentage / share.

i agree though, video is the way to go.

philthorn
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Yep, it's a sad state of affairs in a way. I used to love going to the local B&N and browse the 3D/Graphics books. I spent a ton on physical books. Now I go to the same store and see maybe two or three books (if that) on graphics.

That said, I'm partially to blame as well since I now prefer having instructional books on my iPad. I probably spend just as much on eBooks as I used to on physical books so it seems there is a market in this medium.

Keep making videos Dan and I'll keep buying them brother. :-)

GandB
03-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I promote Dan's Courseware any chance I get. ;)

OlaHaldor
03-14-2013, 02:12 AM
YVideos I can control, I can do sales, and I can profit from. Granted, the monthly server and hosting costs are quite expensive, but fast downloads are important.

Vimeo supports "video on demand" now, and you can charge whatever you like for a single video, or a group of videos. You can select whether it's available in specific countries and how long they can access the videos. Hours. Days. Or all eternity. It's a 90/10 split. You get the most out of it obviously.

That's something to consider! :)

philthorn
03-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Vimeo supports "video on demand" now, and you can charge whatever you like for a single video, or a group of videos. You can select whether it's available in specific countries and how long they can access the videos. Hours. Days. Or all eternity. It's a 90/10 split. You get the most out of it obviously.

That's something to consider! :)

I second that. Something I'd like to see more of is project-based training like what you find on Digital Tutors. It would be great if Dan or others would put up some one-off Vimeo training like create this product shot beginning to end or build and rig this character.
More training! (I'm a junky!)
-Phil

Caveat: With the Vimeo approach there is no off-line option for viewing content. I'm OK with that but others may not like it.

dablan
03-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Of course! I appreciate the feedback.
I pitched an idea to do a book about building a photography business. Publisher loved the idea and turned down the other 4 people who submitted on the same topic. Mine was best they said. However, since I didn't have 20k twitter followers and wasn't a "rock star" in the photo world (yet) they held off. Really? Isn't that marketing's job? Crazy book business. :)

Hahaha.... oh that's a good one. :)
Amazon takes 55%. But, the book writing publishing thing doesn't work that way. Sadly, many have thought a $60 book means the authors get that $$. Not so. There's publishers, editors, print costs, etc. Yeah, try $2 to $3. That's what an author gets.

- - - Updated - - -

I promote Dan's Courseware any chance I get. ;)

Thank you! Appreciate it.

GandB
03-14-2013, 08:09 AM
No problem Dan; you've saved me MANY hours of back and forth learning, by being focused on what's important to start off with. I'll be starting up your V9 series again next week. I've opted to start a Blog this time, to log my progress and results; you can find it here:

http://lw3dtutremix.blogspot.com/

I'm hoping to start on Tuesday, the 19th. I plan on doing a few different things with the crate and the watch this time. Feel free to pass it on for advert purposes, once it's complete. :thumbsup: