PDA

View Full Version : New Genoma Video

realgray
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Hooray! New Genoma Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlfhOh1Ltk&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBa3yGB4AycBuZHd4KRvS2p&index=2

Left a comment but getting, Comments may be held for uploader approval.

Let's get the likes and views up so they will produce more.

OnlineRender
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
watch it with captions on , "I NEARLY WET MYSELF" cheers lino for the tut

vector
02-06-2013, 11:43 PM
GReat! We need a lot of tuts of new tools to avoid getting lost at the beginning

alexs3d
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
great tutorial, thanks lino

realgray
02-07-2013, 01:16 AM
When it rains it pours. Way to go Lightwave group!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bb531W9IZE

alexs3d
02-07-2013, 01:24 AM
wohoouu :) thanx cody

Hail
02-07-2013, 03:04 AM
oh cool vids!

MAUROCOR
02-07-2013, 03:58 AM
About GENOMA...For some reazon, what is driving the Pitch rotation of the fingers in my test is the BANK channel. I did exactly what Lino did, same views, same hand set up, etc... Why is it?
Anyone having the same problem?:confused:

MAUROCOR
02-07-2013, 04:09 AM
I donīt know if someone already have suggested this, but if not, here it is.

I think it would be a good idea to have subgroups of objects in the CURRENT ITEM menu. I mean, if we have lot of characters in layout, would be easier if each bone control was under a subgroup of the mainly Object, in this case, the character that they belong.

So, when we use the "Genoma Create Rig" in Layout, it would create a subgroup to the object (character) we are creating the rig.

Certainly it would make our life easier.

bazsa73
02-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Isn't it the scale controller Mauro?

MAUROCOR
02-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Isn't it the scale controller Mauro?

No, it is not! Bank channels control the Pitch rotation of the fingers. I donīt know why.

lino.grandi
02-07-2013, 05:01 AM
About GENOMA...For some reazon, what is driving the Pitch rotation of the fingers in my test is the BANK channel. I did exactly what Lino did, same views, same hand set up, etc... Why is it?
Anyone having the same problem?:confused:

It's not a problem! That's how this Hand preset works. You use the left mouse button to rotate the base of the finger on Heading and Pitch, and the right mouse button (that of course controls the bank) to bend the last two bones of the finger on the pitch.

The other available hand preset let's you control any bone composing the finger independently.

MAUROCOR
02-07-2013, 05:18 AM
It's not a problem! That's how this Hand preset works. You use the left mouse button to rotate the base of the finger on Heading and Pitch, and the right mouse button (that of course controls the bank) to bend the last two bones of the finger on the pitch.

The other available hand preset let's you control any bone composing the finger independently.

Ok, I see! So it is right! Thanks for your attention! And waiting for the new tutorials!;)

safetyman
02-07-2013, 05:23 AM

Same here. I shot coffee out of my nose.

In all seriousness, thank you Lino for all your work. I really enjoy your tutorials.

lino.grandi
02-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Same here. I shot coffee out of my nose.

In all seriousness, thank you Lino for all your work. I really enjoy your tutorials.

Oh my!!!! At which minute does it happen? :D

MAUROCOR
02-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Hahaha, there is another one funny at 3:06 too: "of couse it's possible to select all the BOMBS it wants to make them disabled"

netstile123
02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
The video is GREAT! Thanks Lino. Genoma is an amazing new tool for lightwave.

ianr
02-07-2013, 06:24 AM
:beerchug:Lino truly a great bedside Manner! (bravi):beerchug::beerchug:

GraphXs
02-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Great Video Lino and Codey!

mike_stening
02-07-2013, 10:03 AM
only had a quick play with genoma but i'm loving it, had nightmares with the old way of doing it with gimble lock etc, though to be honest rigging and animation isn't my main stay but this si so much more intuative i'll be playing more with it.
got a couple of characters i want to re-rig now.

Spinland
02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah, now that I've gone through the whole process from initial rig to actually animating a character I have to say Genoma is everything I hoped it would be. Fortunately I'd already gone through Lino's Rigging Revealed videos (and manually rigged my character using that method) so the controller operation and layout were already familiar to me. :)

Tinpau
02-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Now someone probably could take the Cartoon Characters Ver 8 (Morfi and Hammie) and rig them easily even... Oh this is gonna be fun

Spinland
02-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Now someone probably could take the Cartoon Characters Ver 8 (Morfi and Hammie) and rig them easily even... Oh this is gonna be fun

That's a cool idea. When I get some time I should drag out those content DVDs and try that. I'm also planning to use it to re-rig the DAZ3D Millenium Dragon model. Again, when I get some play time. :)

Chris S. (Fez)
02-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I hope integrated, instant stretchy IK will be taken into consideration for future versions of Genoma. Gonna finally dive into Rhiggit Pro. Been meaning to watch the rigging videos.

The rather arbitrary bone naming system makes the genoma rigs confusing to customize.

lino.grandi
02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
I hope integrated, instant stretchy IK will be taken into consideration for future versions of Genoma. Gonna finally dive into Rhiggit Pro. Been meaning to watch the rigging videos.

The rather arbitrary bone naming system makes the genoma rigs confusing to customize.

I do not agree. I already answered to this somewhere else...and I've customized Genoma rigs used in production without problems. I will expand this topic as I'll be in front of my pc (traveling now).

chikega
02-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Thank you for the great video tutorials and for all your hard work, Lino. Cheers! :)

lino.grandi
02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Thank you for the great video tutorials and for all your hard work, Lino. Cheers! :)

Thanks!

Chris S. (Fez)
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
OK. Starting to understand Genoma a bit better. Pretty darn awesome. Please keep posting videos, Lino!

I am sure there are technical reasons for the naming system but I am just so used to looking at scene editor and seeing a hierarchy of descriptive names.

Andrewstopheles
02-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I do not agree. I already answered to this somewhere else...and I've customized Genoma rigs used in production without problems. I will expand this topic as I'll be in front of my pc (traveling now).

I am looking forward to seeing how you deal with this issue - best practices are usually gleaned from watching tutorials and this hasn't been covered yet(AFAIK). Also very much looking forward to more tutorials. It's so much fun tinkering with the new tools and seeing what others are ddiscovering too!

djwaterman
02-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Making rigging of a character this easy is a big deal. Thanks for the video and make more please Mr Lino.

lino.grandi
02-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I am looking forward to seeing how you deal with this issue - best practices are usually gleaned from watching tutorials and this hasn't been covered yet(AFAIK). Also very much looking forward to more tutorials. It's so much fun tinkering with the new tools and seeing what others are ddiscovering too!

I will cover this!

- - - Updated - - -

Making rigging of a character this easy is a big deal. Thanks for the video and make more please Mr Lino.

A new Genoma video is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAyGZCqy_NU&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBa3yGB4AycBuZHd4KRvS2p&index=4

MAUROCOR
02-09-2013, 03:59 AM
I will cover this!

- - - Updated - - -

A new Genoma video is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAyGZCqy_NU&list=PLBscyc2_NuEBa3yGB4AycBuZHd4KRvS2p&index=4

Thanks, Lino, very appreciated!
I donīt understand why people are complaining about names. If I understand right, because there are controls to every single bone (or group of bones) the process of selecting is visual in this case, isnīt?
What I think would be a good idea is to have those controls as a subgroup of the object they belong in the object menu. In some scenes we may have much more objects (like scenerys, nulls, etc) and more rigged characters, it would be easier to handle with.
The most I learn Genoma most I love it! What a great feature! Well done, Lino!
Now I am looking forward the new video!
My respects, Sir!

UnCommonGrafx
02-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Too funny: Morfi is what I am using in class.
The antennae is a great place to play with Bullet's deforming body, too!
Fun it is!

lino.grandi
02-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks, Lino, very appreciated!
I donīt understand why people are complaining about names. If I understand right, because there are controls to every single bone (or group of bones) the process of selecting is visual in this case, isnīt?

Yes it's mainly visual. Names are especially important when using Math Expression, but in Genoma you don't have any. I'm working to some tools that should help parenting and renaming stuff (and easily assigning Sames As Item Constraints to any item), that should really represent a good complement to Genoma.

What I think would be a good idea is to have those controls as a subgroup of the object they belong in the object menu. In some scenes we may have much more objects (like scenerys, nulls, etc) and more rigged characters, it would be easier to handle with.

Selection Set can help a lot here.

The most I learn Genoma most I love it! What a great feature! Well done, Lino!
Thank you so much!

Now I am looking forward the new video!
My respects, Sir!

I hope to release a new video for the start of next week. ;)

Hieron
02-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Hi Lino, nice video! Really informative.
Great new tools all around, you guys are doing a tremendous job.

lino.grandi
02-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi Lino, nice video! Really informative.
Great new tools all around, you guys are doing a tremendous job.

Thank you so much!

rcallicotte
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks Lino (and the Lightwave group, too) for all of your attention to us customers!

silviotoledo
02-09-2013, 03:51 PM
The hability to save the rig within the model is so great!

GENOMA ROCKS!

Hope to get my hands on it very soon!

I would ask for tutorials that show how to COMBINE Genoma rigs and how to save a layout rig as Genoma rig ( if possible ).

Also more bone MUSCLE samples please!

It would be a good idea to have RENAME hability for Genoma II as feature request!

Celshader
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Making rigging of a character this easy is a big deal.

Agreed. Most of my freelance work has been rigs, because almost no LightWaver I know wants to rig using pre-11.5 tools.

Genoma solves the LightWave character rigger shortage. Thank you again for adding this to LightWave. :thumbsup:

m.d.
02-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Is this documented somewhere Lino?
I assume there is more of these bonus functions hidden in the presets that very few would know about

Waves of light
02-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Just had a bit of time to sit and watch the vids on YouTube. Looking forward to the next one Lino. Great job.

Greenlaw
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Nice videos Lino! Looking forward to more. :)

G.

lino.grandi
02-10-2013, 10:17 AM

Well, yes. here's an help text associated to any rig, that can be read when a preset it's selected from the Genoma Preset window.

I assume there is more of these bonus functions hidden in the presets that very few would know about

Descriptions are short, and for sure can be expanded. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Most of my freelance work has been rigs, because almost no LightWaver I know wants to rig using pre-11.5 tools.

Genoma solves the LightWave character rigger shortage. Thank you again for adding this to LightWave. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jen.

lino.grandi
02-10-2013, 10:25 AM
The hability to save the rig within the model is so great!

GENOMA ROCKS!

Hope to get my hands on it very soon!

I would ask for tutorials that show how to COMBINE Genoma rigs and how to save a layout rig as Genoma rig ( if possible ).

Combine different Genoma rigs in the same scene it's not a problem, and something I'll cover. Saving a Layout rig as genoma rig it's not possible, since Genoma it's characterized by a one direction Modeler to Layout workflow.

Also more bone MUSCLE samples please!

I hope you don't overstimate the Genoma muscle/tendon subrigs. The best tools to get muscle simulation are still morphs, and now, bullet.

It would be a good idea to have RENAME hability for Genoma II as feature request!

I'm thinking to provide something using lscript, as a Genoma Rig Add-on.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lino (and the Lightwave group, too) for all of your attention to us customers!

Just had a bit of time to sit and watch the vids on YouTube. Looking forward to the next one Lino. Great job.

Nice videos Lino! Looking forward to more. :)

G.

Thanks everyone! Working on more, of course!

BeeVee
02-11-2013, 04:12 AM

Also pages 200 and 201 of the addendum manual.

B

metahumanity
02-11-2013, 07:49 AM
The best tools to get muscle simulation are still morphs, and now, bullet.

How can bullet be used for muscle sim? Is it possible to wrap skin around a muscle sim and make them slide under it with adherence values, like the lizard in the last Spiderman?

BTW: Genoma is nice. Good improvement over smartgons!

lino.grandi
02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
How can bullet be used for muscle sim? Is it possible to wrap skin around a muscle sim and make them slide under it with adherence values, like the lizard in the last Spiderman?

Yes it is. ;)

BTW: Genoma is nice. Good improvement over smartgons!

Thanks!

silviotoledo
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes it is. ;)

Yeah! We need more samples like that! The Genoma muscle sample with bullet you did looks impressive! We care to see more of that!

I was refering to that. It seems to me it's a bone muscle with volum control from bullet, but I'm not sure.

metahumanity
02-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah! We need more samples like that! The Genoma muscle sample with bullet you did looks impressive! We care to see more of that!

I was refering to that. It seems to me it's a bone muscle with volum control from bullet, but I'm not sure.

Canīt find it. you happen to hav a link? thx

UnCommonGrafx
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
New vid is there.

m.d.
02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Also pages 200 and 201 of the addendum manual.

B
Just saw that last night.....
Thanks for being thorough....I will have to do the same with my reading

metahumanity
02-12-2013, 06:02 PM
New vid is there.

Sorry fr being dense, but I can not find a video that showcases muscles sliding under an adhering bullet skin. All I found was some dynamic jiggling with visible jittering. One a face and another Linoīs quadruped monster with the jiggling in the neck. Thatīs not what you guys are referring to, is it?

UnCommonGrafx
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Right...
'Just' a Genoma vid.

metahumanity
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Not sure why you donīt simply help me out with a link...

realgray
02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Sorry fr being dense, but I can not find a video that showcases muscles sliding under an adhering bullet skin. All I found was some dynamic jiggling with visible jittering. One a face and another Linoīs quadruped monster with the jiggling in the neck. Thatīs not what you guys are referring to, is it?

yeah, I can't find it either.

lertola2
02-12-2013, 09:46 PM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/

lino.grandi
02-13-2013, 01:20 AM
New vid is there.

yeah, I can't find it either.

You can't find it because it's not there, yet. ;)

metahumanity
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
You can't find it because it's not there, yet. ;)

Ahhhhhh!

Hurry up, then! Canīt wait to see it!!

;-)

02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
The new one I was speaking of was the hand and applying weight maps.
That one is there.
The one's desired are not there, correct. Of those, I do not speak.

(During the day, this is me; on my own time, I am UnCommon Grafx.)

UnCommonGrafx
02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Your being here, I thought you were following along...
The vids that I am speaking of are at http://lightwave3d.com.

And again, I was speaking of the hand weighting tute, not the one you guys have a desire for.

Not sure why you donīt simply help me out with a link...

MAUROCOR
02-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Your being here, I thought you were following along...
The vids that I am speaking of are at http://lightwave3d.com.

And again, I was speaking of the hand weighting tute, not the one you guys have a desire for.

The new one I was speaking of was the hand and applying weight maps.
That one is there.
The one's desired are not there, correct. Of those, I do not speak.

(During the day, this is me; on my own time, I am UnCommon Grafx.)

:cursin::screwy::twak:

UnCommonGrafx
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Indeed,
Often, that's what I end up looking like by the end of the day, all four, right in a row, cycling through.

haha

prospector
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
You can't find it because it's not there, yet.
Well why not?