PDA

View Full Version : Softbody

ruud
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
is a softbody clothed (realistic) character possible in LW?

Exper
11-05-2003, 09:03 AM
LW[8] will have a lot more powerful feature for softbody! ;)

Bye.

wacom
11-05-2003, 09:20 AM
I'd say YES if you use it right and know where to cheat. Most "realistic" clothes deform greatly in only a few places (IE at the elbow). If I were really going for realistic cloth deformation I might use MD in combination with expresion driven morphs.

Things will be a lot more clear once 8 is out as they are going to clean up the panel more and give things more realistic/usable names with more consistant ranges.

What are you working on? Please post your problem as there quite a few MD experts floating around here and on CG talk.

Dodgy
11-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Wacom is right, despite all the pretty publicity for a lot of feature films, most of them cheat like a basket when it comes to cloth and clothes. Look at the Matrix jumping agents clothes, they look okay but not close to fully real. Its a mix of joint morphs and simulation on low poly proxies limited to certain areas for animation, probably with a guy just sitting there correcting cloth problems. It's gonna be better in 8 than it is now, but I still expect to be cheating away :)