PDA

View Full Version : more control with my clones ?

michaeldejong
02-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone, I have an issue I could use some help with, I think it would be done in modeller but am open to any method.

for the sake of a simple example, if I have a curve in the background layer and a sphere in the foreground, how could I do a rail clone with a lot more control of how that object is scaled along the path ?

Say I want it to start small and gradually increase its size to the middle of the path then go back to small at the end of the path, is something like this possible with LightWave ?

If I have to I'll do it manually - but thought I would ask on here first and see if it nets any feedback.

Dexter2999
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Well, you can use to paths lined up to the edges of the shape you want to extrude to control the scale at various points. Or you can use a single spline to set the path you want the shape to follow.

But I don't think you can do both. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen that before.

Dexter2999
02-05-2013, 06:47 PM
EDIT: This was a duplicate post.

Thinking that you could use the two spline method to control the scale of the clones. Then maybe a bone chain to control the path? Just a thought.