PDA

View Full Version : Delete all motion paths?

Tony3d
02-04-2013, 06:29 PM
How does one delete all motion paths? Also, I notice that some motion paths I can't delete with the delete button. I have to go select each one in the motion graph panel, and hit the keyboard delete key. Thanks.

UnCommonGrafx
02-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Use your right mouse button in either case to erase mass amounts of keyframes.

Oh, and there are plugins for keyframe killing. I have one tied to 'k' to kill all frames but 0.

Ryan Roye
02-04-2013, 08:13 PM
You can use IKBooster for keyframe management functions.

I recently did a webinar (http://sdlightwave.com/tutorials.html) that goes over various ways you can manipulate keyframes (IKbooster, graph editor, etc). It isn't all-encompassing, but the content is certain to save you tons of time and frustration.

Tony3d
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
You Mean there is no way to delete all motion keys at once in Lightwave? Hard to believe.

Greenlaw
02-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Use Mot-ify Delete Motions--this tool lets you easily clear all keys while preserving the keys at 0--or not. It actually has many more uses than 'just that'. :)

I don't know why this incredibly useful tool is hidden from the regular menus but you can find it under Additional. Personally, I use it often enough to keep it at the bottom of the Modify Tab. (Shorten the name to Delete Motion Keys and it fits perfectly on a button.)

G.

Tony3d
02-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I looked for that today under additional, and it wasn't there. I'm on a Mac. Don't know if that makes a difference.

djwaterman
02-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Use Mot-ify Delete Motions--this tool lets you easily clear all keys while preserving the keys at 0--or not. It actually has many more uses than 'just that'. :)

I don't know why this incredibly useful tool is hidden from the regular menus but you can find it under Additional. Personally, I use it often enough to keep it at the bottom of the Modify Tab. (Shorten the name to Delete Motion Keys and it fits perfectly on a button.)

G.

"Mot-ify"? Great meaningless name. So much hidden stuff in LW, it's like an iceberg.

Greenlaw
02-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Sorry, I'm on Win right now. Try using Search for 'Delete Motion' in the Edit Menu Layout window. If you don't see it there, look under the Edit Plugins window, select Grouping Method: File and look for Mot-ify.

If it's not there, I suppose it's possible NewTek never got around to converting this tool for Mac, in which case I would submit a FogBugz request.

G.

Greenlaw
02-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Sorry...double posted somehow.

djwaterman
02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
It's still there, it's now called Motify , not Mot ify delete motions. Near the top of the list.

Tony3d
02-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Found it. Thanks guys!