PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Texture

KK 's
11-05-2003, 04:10 AM
hihi,
actually i want to texture a canyon in realistic, i have tried to use texture map ,procedural and do lots of tweaking on it, but the result is not satisfy, anyone here got any suggestion or reference site??thankxx:) :)

mlinde
11-05-2003, 09:08 AM
I'm actually working on a project using canyons as well, most of my reference is photos from Canyonlands National Park (I was there in Sept.). However, they have a photo gallery at their site, if you want reference. I think it's some of the best canyon rock color I've ever seen.
http://www.nps.gov/cany/gallery/index.htm

MixedNut
11-06-2003, 03:45 AM
If you don't mind the expense, most landscaping programs (Vue d'Esprit for instance) allows you to import LW objects, texture them and export them again. The resulting texture is not hyper-realistic, but it's okay for most needs.

I'm working on a short (using Vue & LW) with several outdoor scenes and have to admit that compositing the shots may be easier than shuffling polygons. It also enables the shots to have lots of trees, which renders painfully slow in LW but fairly fast in Vue.

Of course, there are $999 landscaping programs better than Vue, bug and stability-wise..:rolleyes:

Btw - thank for the link, mlinde. It rocks! :D