PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5 Rendering problem

apocalpsedude
11-05-2003, 03:07 AM
Ok so I've just got a brand spanking new G5 mac up 'n' running with a copy of Lightwave 7.5 on it.
Having just rendered a scene on it in less then half the time that it usually takes I was well chuffed, well until I relised that the image was covered in a transparent checkerboard effect.
The only reason that I can think of as to why this is here is because I'm still in the 14 day trial period of the software as I have yet to complete registration.
Can anybody confirm my theory or is there a solution to my problem that I am too blind to see?

Any feedback would be much appriciated!

yazan
11-05-2003, 03:53 AM
You're right, its because its running in demo mode. but i don't remember whether or not you need to wait till you get your registration. i would contact newtek directly by phone and solve this if it isn't the case. If it is, there is a way to still see your rendering full even in demo mode. Using PSD export plugin you're able to export the image to a base file and there's a little tip posted on flay by lee Stranahan on how to use the PSD exporter, just go to flay and search the news links for psd export. you could do animation bt its a bit of a drag having to play with all the materials layers. Hows the G5 running lightwave by the way? other than rendering? thanks

madrenderman
11-06-2003, 08:14 PM
until you not reiceved you rlw code, you can remove and re install lw on computer, this give you another 14 day of complete using.
have a nice day.

apocalpsedude
11-07-2003, 06:09 AM
Yazan, cheers for the feedback!
I have recieved my product lock from newtek and the renders are ok now.
So far everything seems to be running fine, everything is significantly quicker than it was on my G4 and the redraw is so much sharper. One bizare problem though, I don't apear to be able to delete anything so i'm having to use the cut command instead?!

yazan
04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
matbe the keyboard short cuts have been changed, did you check? I remember when there was the z button for delete and then it was delete, or am I confusing things?