PDA

View Full Version : 11.5 Addendum: Errata, Typos, and Ommisions: central clearinghouse for same

jeric_synergy
02-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Oooo, I hope I'm first with this.

This thread is for Errors (Errata), typos, and omissions that forum users find in the 11.5 Addendum.

(We could probably post these on fogbugz, but whatever.) Hopefully this will be of good use to BeeVee as he continues his work on the dox:

Here's my first:

p212: " Uniform Input Handling - Where appropriate, all new tools can use either two clicks to select
either of a line, or a click-drag motion."

Looks like a word got skipped there, after 'either', I'm guessing 'end'.

And that's it. Please try to stay on topic.

BeeVee
02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks Eric, most helpful and I shall repair the one you mentioned immediately! :)

B

dyls_E
02-05-2013, 04:06 AM
Im not sure if i just misread this, but in the genoma tutorial bit it mentions to apply weights to the certain bits of the rig, but doesn't mention how to do it as far as i can tell. Im sure its easy, but i haven't been able to figure it out yet :s Page 209

BeeVee
02-05-2013, 04:24 AM
I guess I thought that people would know :) Updating the manual now...

B

UnCommonGrafx
02-05-2013, 05:03 AM
BeeVee,
It's not that we don't know, per se, it's that those things look foreign, and complex, such that even though it has been stated they are, indeed, 'skelegons', that thought doesn't permeate when reading the docs.

"As components of Genoma are essentially skelegons, selecting one and assigning a weight is the same as when working with previous skelegons or even polygons."

A thought for clarification. Mind you, I saw the implication in the manual -- the look of the items, though...

jeric_synergy
02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
A thought for clarification. Mind you, I saw the implication in the manual -- the look of the items, though...
It's cool: implications can not be counted on to be perceived by everybody, so a reminder is good. EXplication is much to be preferred.

Ben can probably address this with simply a pointer to the Skelegon/W.Map portion of the manual.

Noobies and non-English speakers must be accounted for. (And thick-skulled users such as myself.)
++

BTW, all: Posting HERE let's other users benefit from your pain. Users can place PDF "STICKIES" in their copy of the dox to be reminded of what's missing, and alerted to what's wrong.

Reporting on FogBugz isn't public (TMK), so please report errors and ommissions HERE. BeeVee is reading this, so it's just as good as Fogbugz reportage.

Spinland
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
This is a small thing, but relates to the cache in flocking motion calculations. The documentation doesn't state you have to set a file name for this and save it off in order to make the motions available both the next time you open the scene file and to send the scene file to LWSN. Maybe it's assumed people would understand this but in my case it needed to be stated explicitly because I did not know.

stiff paper
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
On page 266 under "Font Specification" the word "Judicially" should be "Judiciously."

Unless you really do mean judicially. In which case, sorry, I'm an a$s. But if you really do mean judicially... that is strange.

tburbage
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
On page 229, the page heading must be a placeholder -- says "Page Title"

djwaterman
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
On page 244, closing off the MDD chapter, is it possible to outline this in even more detail as there are quite a few options that aren't covered. I tried using it following the manual but got nothing and feel I must be missing a step, I was trying to export and load MDD for fractured dynamics and maybe this isn't possible, when I hit the OK button as stated in the manual another little dialogue pops up asking for the MDD file name, this wasn't mentioned as something that would happen, and nothing I did with it produced a result anyway so it's still all a bit mysterious.