PDA

View Full Version : DDR Video Clips as a Frame Buffer Option

cezaryg
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I’m requesting that a mouse Right-Click on any video clip in DDRs will invoke a Frame Buffer option select.

Currently, when switching live between few different virtual sets at the same time, and needing a different short clip to be assigned and played with different virtual monitors of the virtual sets -- two clips only from two DDRs is a limit. It would be helpful to be able to assign clips to the appropriate frame buffers: FBR1 … FBR8.

In contemporary TriCasters, changing or presetting clips during live will change the current live clips being played, a concern and issue raised in SteweSpaw EMEMs thread.

SBowie
02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Animation in frame buffers would be lovely, but just to make it clear, implementing this in the manner suggested would basically amount to adding a bunch more DDRs. That would be a tall order. This is not to suggest I don;t see the value of being able to pull up the right animation for an upcoming composition in timely, convenient and reliable fashion, which I think is the real underlying need.

cezaryg
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
You're right. In essence my request is to lock a video clip for the upcoming composition by using Frame Buffers. A simple mouse Right-Click on any video clip allowing Frame Buffers option and assignment would do the job. I do not see that adding more DDRs is the solution.

cezaryg
02-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Steve, would you be kind to change my thread title to: Frame Buffers for Video Clips, or something like this?

My convoluted title could be confusing. Thank you.

SBowie
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
A simple mouse Right-Click on any video clip allowing Frame Buffers option and assignment would do the job. I do not see that adding more DDRs is the solution.The point I'm trying to make, without being mean about it, is that "Right-Click on any video clip allowing Frame Buffers option", from a resource point of view, is essentially the same thing as adding multiple new DDRs.

Frame buffers need to be instantly available in any channel they are assigned to. If it was implemented in the manner you suggest, there would be nothing preventing me from sending say, 10 clips to frame buffers, assigning them to layers A, B and the Overlay layer for two VI's, and transitioning between them all at the same time - while removing the seventh one from a DSK and displaying the eight one simultaenously. This would require TriCaster to display all 10 clips at once - just like having ten DDRs. The hardware simply cannot handle this.

For this reason, any attempt to lock a clip to an incoming composition would need to be implemented a different way; hope this is clearer. :)

arianhyseni
04-24-2014, 05:45 PM
The point I'm trying to make, without being mean about it, is that "Right-Click on any video clip allowing Frame Buffers option", from a resource point of view, is essentially the same thing as adding multiple new DDRs.

Frame buffers need to be instantly available in any channel they are assigned to. If it was implemented in the manner you suggest, there would be nothing preventing me from sending say, 10 clips to frame buffers, assigning them to layers A, B and the Overlay layer for two VI's, and transitioning between them all at the same time - while removing the seventh one from a DSK and displaying the eight one simultaenously. This would require TriCaster to display all 10 clips at once - just like having ten DDRs. The hardware simply cannot handle this.

For this reason, any attempt to lock a clip to an incoming composition would need to be implemented a different way; hope this is clearer. :)

Hi Steve, can you help me about this problem with Tricaster 8000, i use it 6 different animation buffer for virtual set on green screen, all 6(six) animation are 20 sec each, i put all of six animation for each camera input HD-SDI, but is freezing when i change camera from M/E 3 to M/E 4 and from M/3 to M/E 6, but when i delete animation buffer (3) that i use for Camera 3 everything works good but now i dont animation video for Camera 3? everything that i insert on others buffer is freezing Tricaster ?

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem ?

kanep
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
When you have all of those frame buffers loaded, what does your switcher memory gauge at the top show? It is red and full? If so, I"m guessing you have too much loaded into the frame buffers, they run in GPU RAM and there is only so much available.

SBowie
04-24-2014, 06:18 PM
It's a little difficult to follow the description to understand exactly how you have this set up. Sorry. Could you possibly post a short cell phone video clip showing the Buffers tab, each M/E, and perhaps show how the problem occurs?

arianhyseni
04-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Here's a detailed description of the problem:
I've had 6 video files as jump back (20 second each file) for 6 cameras that i use. Firstly I've took these files and opened animation creator 2, and made 6 animation buffers, corresponding to my jump backs.
When i open the project and load 6 video buffers on 7 ME's (6 cameras keyed and using video buffer as background, and one PIP) that i use for the show, the video starts choking, the background freezes and starts to move very slowly.
The switch memory is firstly on brown than it turns on blue.
I've tried unloading some video buffers, and it came to only working smoothly on 2 video buffers, soon as i added more buffers my switching starts to lag, and when i had 6 video buffers and i switched to ME 3 one of the results was that video from camera is coming with 5 fps, like it stalling.
As a jump back used quicktime mov file 1080 before converting it in animation buff.

SBowie
04-25-2014, 10:38 AM
The Switcher Mem display works like a progress bar. If it's entirely blue, you've maxed out the memory. One way to cut down on consumption would be to reduce the resolution of the animated buffers prior to compiling in ASC. Depending on the composition, it's often possible to get substantial savings that way.

kanep
04-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Sorry, though red was full not blue on the switch RAM meter (just going off of my memory).