PDA

View Full Version : A Hand

Stranger3D
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Hi, Everyone. I'm Stranger, from China. This is my first time show my works here. I try hard to model in LW 7, this hand is my latest work, give me some personal suggestions, Thanks very much.

Forgive my terrible Engish ;)

hrgiger
11-05-2003, 05:38 AM
HeyStranger3D.

The modeling looks pretty good but I think the proportions are a little off. The hand looks very wide from thumb to pinky. You might want to lessesn the distance between the fingers and also the thumb looks like it stick out from the hand too far.

The only other thing I see is that the finger knuckle bumps look a little sharp and unless your hand has bone spurs in the knuckles, I'd try to soften that area up some.

Stranger3D
11-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks. I get so much from your suggestions, I will correct those faults, and make it better next time.

Thanks again. :)

Rory_L
11-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Hello Stranger!

Looks pretty good, but I can`t tell for certain till I see a top view.

Everyone`s hands are different so it`s hard to say what should change. My own hand is thin-skinned and the tendons show through clearly like on your model, but my veins are equally prominent.

Each of my knuckles has a dimple on top, but your knuckles are un-dimpled bumps. Is this what you want?

One thing that just looks wrong is the index finger; the cross-section is too square.

Looking forward to seeing the bump mapped render.

Good luck,

R

riki
11-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Modeling looks great, maybe just the knuckle on the thumb needs to be a bit more defined.

glassefx
11-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Really nice work...

The biggest thing I can see wrong with it is something funky with the skin in-between the thumb and palm. Yeah you could get is perfect and I agree totally with everyone else but I am thinking some texturing would do this thing wonders... Especially a bump/wrinkle map and diffuse map.

peace!