PDA

View Full Version : FiberfX in 11.5: unable to save instance configurations?

Spinland
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM
To test, I created a simple primitive and assigned the surface an instance of FiberFX. When I use the Edit drop down and select save (to save off the settings for future use), the dialog I get does not make it possible to save anything. It looks like a dialog to open an existing file, instead.

Spinland
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Sent to Fogbugz.

Greenlaw
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I was using the save settings feature in FiberFX today and I only just now noticed that the save dialog says 'Open'. But when I hit the Enter key, it actually saves an .ffs file. I guess I never paid any attention to it this whole time because the dialog was doing what I wanted anyway. I should fog it because it's obviously confusing to anybody who reads. :)

BTW, are you on Windows or Mac? I first became aware of this issue when a Mac user reported it last week elsewhere in these forums. I'm on Windows 7 but I'm not certain if hitting Enter will make it save a file on the Mac platform.

G.

Spinland
02-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the idea. I just tried it, but when I hit enter I just get the "denied" tone. The top of the dialog box shows "default.ffx" and even if it just saved as that I could live with renaming it, but no dice.

I'm on a Mac.

Greenlaw
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Ugh, sorry to hear that it didn't work. I'll fog this too and mention the Mac issue.

G.

Spinland
02-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Much obliged. :)

Greenlaw
02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Okay, fogged. Hopefully an SP will arrive before too long. :)