PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Buffer export and multi layer exr

geo_n
02-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Something wierd is going on with compositing buffer export in lw 11.5. Already tried on two pc.
"Use RGB Render Path", will actually create a "Render" folder in whatever is the current lw content directory. That's not good at all.
Unchecking "Use RGB Render Path" will save instead to current lw content directory root folder. Thats even worse.
In the manual it says that "Use RGB Render Path" will use the path you assigned in Render Globals. Exactly like extrader.
Please fix this since this is a major bug.

geo_n
02-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Anyone confirm this issue? Its going to be a very easy and good renderlayers and renderpass system not as powerful as Janus, Surpass but good enough. But we need a fixed lw 11.5.1 if all these renders are saved ONLY in the lw folder directory and doesn't respect user preference.

djwaterman
02-02-2013, 09:54 PM
If that's the case it needs fixing. perhaps you should re-post this with a more alarming post header so that it gets noticed.

geo_n
02-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Yep should have. But not all people use exr and renderpasses so maybe the bug wasn't noticed. Wonder why the close beta testers didn't notice this.

It would have been better if it did extrader way. Is there a way to do it extrader way?
Consequence now is every instance of compositing buffer export's file output will have to be set manually or it will save either in a "Render" folder or the current lw content root folder...
Its minor for me if working alone. Working in team environment...we don't really put renders inside the lw folder in projects.

Axis3d
02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I can confirm this. I'm getting the same behavior as you described. This will be a very welcomed feature once they get it ironed out. I have not tried saving a multi-layered exr file out yet to see if that works. I'll have to wait until I get back to my work computer (which has Nuke on it) to see if they are created correctly.

Celshader
02-03-2013, 03:26 PM
If that's the case it needs fixing. perhaps you should re-post this with a more alarming post header so that it gets noticed.

For what it's worth, I submit bug reports with this page and I always attach some kind of content (zipped-up content directory, screengrabs, etc) as proof:
https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit